• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nah, the Kevin Owens bias while making fun of others bodies all the time is probably the most disappointed i've been in this community. Like if you're going to go shitty, go shitty all the way. Stop trying to protect who you stan for especially when those jokes were, at worst, Steiner level ribs. You'd think people on here thought others were saying 'Kevin Owens is a fat piece of shit that is never going to get a girlfriend and i hope he gets a heart attack from being so fucking fat'. But I guess that's what they wanted to hear because it was about their fave.

And it's not just that he's big. We like plenty of big fat dudes here. It's that he's too chubby to be an athletic guy but too athletic to be a big huge monster fat guy. He just has an all-around awful look that completely underwhelms. Roman had the same problem with his body and height(being pushed as a power guy when he wasn't even that big) but Owens looks doubly worse than Roman in the WWE.

Mahonay

Banned
Personally I lean on the side of all wrestlers being fair game to our ridicule and jokes. Wrestling is not serious business at the end of the day. Pro-wrestling is still carney as fuck and deserves to be treated as such.

Fox318

8cZM1Hx.png

match announced

Anth0ny

I can understand those that were upset about the Daniel Bryan push at WM30. Looking back I'm annoyed that ROME had his push ruined by the boo boys.

he did fuck all when he won the rumble

the fast lane and mania matches came too late

i'm legit shocked they haven't give him the rock 1998 treatment. they even have the perfect opportunity to do so: tease the shield reuniting at an important show (it can even be survivor series, like the rock in 1998) then have roman fuck up ambrose and rollins to join the authority. keep the "someone got screwed at survivor series" tradition alive, and advance the roman reigns character.

Mahonay

Banned
Seemed ready enough to me with the matches he was wrestling around that time. Fantastic matches main eventing Fast Lane and WM.
DB was the first person to get him to execute a legitimately good singles match. Also most people have good matches with Daniel Bryan.

But yes, Mania onward Roman did have good PPV matches. Before that? No. Also Reigns is still only passable IMO on the weekly shows.

he did fuck all when he won the rumble

the fast lane and mania matches came too late
This.

Takes two to tango mate.
WHAT!? Pro-wrestling takes two people cooperating to execute moves? Fuck man you're blowing our minds here.

So he wasn't ready at WM even though he had good matches at the PPV before, WM and the events after? He also had a great match at SummerSlam last year and even his matches with Show have been decent.

If given the ball Rome would have ran with it - although I agree this should have been as a heel.

Mahonay

Banned
Yo, Roman in those SHIELD six man tags was the fucking best

Best hot tag in the biz, but that belongs to Titus now
Those hot tags were hot as fuuuuck.

The Titus hot tag rights now are so incredibly stupid but in the right kind of way. Watching him just helicopter people across the ring and barking with the fans is pretty fantastic.

Fox318

The Titus hot tag rights now are so incredibly stupid but in the right kind of way. Watching him just helicopter people across the ring and barking with the fans is pretty fantastic.

Titus's moves are great right now because they have that "oh shit that looks like it hurt" or "holy shit that looks real" because Titus is legit ragdolling people around in the ring.

DB was the first person to get him to execute a legitimately good singles match. Also most people have good matches with Daniel Bryan.

But yes, Mania onward Roman did have good PPV matches. Before that? No. Also Reigns is still only passable IMO on the weekly shows.

This.

WHAT!? Pro-wrestling takes two people cooperating to execute moves? Fuck man you're blowing our minds here.

I don't want to give you a meltdown but sometimes it involves 4 or even 6 people! Crazy I know!

Love Titus - I miss his entrance theme so much.

Roman "Robert Gibson" Reigns.

Ambrose is Ricky Morton

That's...actually a pretty good comparison

Reigns is at his best when he's just fucking DESTROYING people. The Shield really had a fantastic dynamic going.

And Titus is fucking awesome. Him just chucking everyone all over the damn place and barking like a loon. It's PERFECT. PTP should've been faces the whole damn time

Ithil

So he wasn't ready at WM even though he had good matches at the PPV before, WM and the events after? He also had a great match at SummerSlam last year and even his matches with Show have been decent.

If given the ball Rome would have ran with it - although I agree this should have been as a heel.

He wasn't ready at WM because he can't talk for shit, he has no real connection to the audience, and he's extremely limited in the ring. He has some thing he does well, but he has no variety and could never have carried the company in monthly PPVs and the 20 minute promos they insist they must have on RAW. You can't do nothing but hot tags and one line promos as face of 2015 WWE.

So people booed him, because they didn't want him. This is apparently the fans' fault, not WWE's for pushing someone their audience didn't want. Stupid whiny brats, not just accepting what they're given in this TV show meant to entertain them, right?

So people booed him, because they didn't want him. This is apparently the fans' fault, not WWE's for pushing someone their audience didn't want. Stupid whiny brats, not just accepting what they're given in this TV show meant to entertain them, right?

Is there any difference between this and Daniel Bryan the previous year?

Gonzalez

Banned
Does it really matter anymore? Roman's time in the main event seems to be at an end. He's still protected, but his merch doesn't appear to be moving(I barely see people with Roman gear on camera at RAW, or Smackdown). He's become the new Sheamus.

Mahonay

Banned
Does it really matter anymore? Roman's time in the main event seems to be at an end. He's still protected, but his merch doesn't appear to be moving(I barely see people with Roman gear on camera at RAW, or Smackdown). He's become the new Sheamus.
You're right, but that won't stop company favorites from getting pushed at random times. See: Sheamus winning Money in the Bank.

Well at least we got the Undertaker and Sting to come back and freshen the main event.

Fox318

He wasn't ready at WM because he can't talk for shit, he has no real connection to the audience, and he's extremely limited in the ring. He has some thing he does well, but he has no variety and could never have carried the company in monthly PPVs and the 20 minute promos they insist they must have on RAW. You can't do hot tags and one line promos as face of 2015 WWE.

They made 4 big mistakes when it came to roman after he got injured.

• Scripted PPV interviews did him no favors because they were all horiible
  • If Bryan was back he should have won the rumble. He was the hottest face and they were in Philly.
  • Roman coming back had some of the worst promos you will ever hear. At no point does anyone want to root for somebody preaching nursery rhymes
  • After the shield was disbanded the logic was let Roman keep it and fuck the other 2. The other 2 found their own character and their own way while Roman was still doing the same shit.

Roman was cheered at Summerslam with his match against Orton. Vince panicked because he thought people would forget him.

Imagine if Reigns had had a story where he was fighting though an injury and they released reports that he was having setbacks only to be a surprise return at the rumble?

Ithil

I've seen posters on Gaf blame Bryan for this though.

The fans wanted Bryan to win that Rumble, given he was extremely over and had been the main babyface for the prior months (as well as a lot of other factors). Then he wasn't even in it, and it was made clear he was not going to be getting the big match at WM, instead Batista randomly reappears to get it.

It's like if in January 1998, everyone is ready for Stone Cold to win the Rumble and go on to WM 14 to ascend to the top. Then Stone Cold isn't even in the Rumble, and it's won by the Ultimate Warrior.

Mahonay

Banned
They made 4 big mistakes when it came to roman after he got injured.

• Scripted PPV interviews did him no favors because they were all horiible
  • If Bryan was back he should have won the rumble. He was the hottest face and they were in Philly.
  • Roman coming back had some of the worst promos you will ever hear. At no point does anyone want to root for somebody preaching nursery rhymes
  • After the shield was disbanded the logic was let Roman keep it and fuck the other 2. The other 2 found their own character and their own way while Roman was still doing the same shit.

Roman was cheered at Summerslam with his match against Orton. Vince panicked because he thought people would forget him.

Imagine if Reigns had had a story where he was fighting though an injury and they released reports that he was having setbacks only to be a surprise return at the rumble?
I'm still in disbelief how poorly that was all handled. Even for WWE. They actually tend to be pretty good at that kind of story telling, but holy fuck. Just the most stubborn booking I've seen in a very long time.

DMczaf

Stang trying his hardest to sell the scripted promos they give him makes me sad.

You can tell he's giving it his all, but you can't beat shit writing.

Top Bottom