• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For the hundredth time, watch some Attitude Era Taker matches. Dude has been nut shotting people left and right, face and heel, for almost 20 years. 20 years of the purest of striking, hitting the vitals.

Mahonay

Banned
For the hundredth time, watch some Attitude Era Taker matches. Dude has been nut shotting people left and right, face and heel, for almost 20 years. 20 years of the purest of striking, hitting the vitals.
It's the Booger Red portion of his being.

Thorakai

Man can you imagine how much a nut punch from the "best pure striker in the WWE" would hurt?

I wouldn't want my nuts touched by such a man.

fASF5WY.jpg

You know how we say that Bryan should retire to train wrestlers at the Performance Center?

Didn't he lead the ROH school at one point? Did anyone come out of that trainee group?

Did anyone come out of the ROH school? There was that one guy who seemed kind of hot for a bit and then abruptly left wrestling.

Nope. Arn didn't even do the DDT until the 90s.

Arn definitely was doing the DDT in 80s NWA. He didn't during the Brainbusters run because that was Jake's move, but he did it before the 90s.

Man I just rewatched Cena vs Punk MITB 2011, how on Brock's green earth did WWE fuck that angle up? My god Punk was red hot.

I think the idea was that ADR would get a huge bump from getting involved in the program but it didn't do shit for him or Punk. That they brought Punk back just a week later and didn't let him defend the title in ROH or some indie that they could show pictures of shows me that they didn't have faith in the angle to begin with. I think they panicked when the ratings didn't go up the night after MITB.

Caderfix

As for Bryan, how can the fans not view him as that? He's forfeited two titles in no time. Essentially all the stuff The Authority said about him has become true and the kids probably feel that way on some level.

The reactions I've seen and heard about Daniel Bryan forfeiting were actually positive, because he gave room to other wrestlers, and people felt sorry for him, as he was in no condition to wrestle. I bet most wish for him to return and get the belt back as soon as possible.

Oersted

The whole Underborker story angle is such garbage. As soon as he Brock won the title, conquering the streak was pretty much a non-topic. It was handing Cenas ass, than being a undisputed champion (for 3 months lol) and after Wrestlemania regaining the title.

TakerBork was dead, point in case the WyattTaker feud.

But that was retconned, so might aswell rewrite everything.

Man the writing is so utter shit. Not even coherenz shit.

The whole Underborker story angle is such garbage. As soon as he Brock won the title, conquering the streak was pretty much a non-topic. It was handing Cenas ass, than being a undisputed champion (for 3 months lol) and after Wrestlemania regaining the title.

TakerBork was dead, point in case the WyattTaker feud.

But that was retconned, so might aswell rewrite everything.

Man the writing is so utter shit. Not even coherenz shit.

It's literally the most griping and engaging story they've tried to tell in years. They've even had Paul literally scream what the story was. It makes perfect, wonderful sense if you pay attention and see the big picture instead of looking at the week to week story.

Oersted

It's literally the most griping and engaging story they've tried to tell in years. They've even had Paul literally scream what the story was. It makes perfect, wonderful sense if you pay attention and see the big picture instead of looking at the week to week story.

WWE as a person in review: "Well, he tried."

I've been away all day, what did I miss? What are we discussing? What have we discussed since I posted lyrics to X-Pac's theme? Still X-Pac I hope. It IS Suck It Sunday after all!

I've been away all day, what did I miss? What are we discussing? What have we discussed since I posted lyrics to X-Pac's theme? Still X-Pac I hope. It IS Suck It Sunday after all!

I enjoyed how during the Invasion storyline all the WWE guys were heavily cheered except X-pac when he was feuding with Kidman and Tajiri for the light heavyweight title.

I enjoyed how during the Invasion storyline all the WWE guys were heavily cheered except X-pac when he was feuding with Kidman and Tajiri for the light heavyweight title.

I for one enjoyed The Ecks Pack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNA_Genesis#2015

I'm sad this card will never happen. Al Snow in a scaffold match in 2015 if it happened had no chance of getting a positive star rating

Jesus. May as well just kill Al on tapped television.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WWE is open to more lax schedules in the past few years. You can do a six month run and then disappear. You can even do just PPVs and RAWs if you're famous enough.

Mizerman

It was kinda funny in a way. Even Albert got more cheers than X-Pac at that time.

"Hey Cena... I'm back. And I got two friends with me..."

hqdefault.jpg

Like they're trying to audition for that Jump Street x Men in Black crossover.

Is Angle still out of the question for a possible return? I know he wants a very limited schedule, but with TNA's situation do you think he would take whatever they'd give him?

Colocho

Banned
I would mark the fuck out if Angle's theme hit while interrupting someone's promo or something like that. Just give him a few matches with some safe spots and I think he could easily have a 3-4 month run.

Hogan's a piece of shit, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't watch TNA if he became some kind of racist heel authority figure. Wrestling is garbage filled to the brim with immorality, might as well revel in it.

Top Bottom