• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Fox318

xY57hQd.jpg

Bruce Hart

Hex

Banned

I wonder if it could have anything to do with her being out in fucking stupid assed heels prancing around like an idiot.
I swear this storyline and gimmick is like some kind of tithe that must be paid to the Vince and Dunn powers that be for them to allow women to have a chance at actually wrestling instead of having them all pillow fighting and doing bra and panty matches.

When WWE decide to cut their losses with the floundering divas revolution.

Again the stupid Lana and Summer Rae bullshit has something to do with this.
You can not do both.
You can not try and present divas and women as competition and in ring talent and at the same time still pull the eye candy arm trophy bullshit.

Aiii

So not worth it
So I've been watching WCW all day, Nitro, Fall Brawl 1996 and I've been listening to Bobby Heenan, Dusty Rhodes, Eric Bischoff, Tony Schiavone, Larry Zbysko and Mean Gene do commentary and interviews all day.

And then I went to the Network and watched a few minutes of Night of Champions 2013.

Oh boy.

Nothing exposes the sterile, unenthusiastic and downright dumb as fuck commentary of WWE right now then watching old stuff on the Network. Blegh.

Fox318

So I've been watching WCW all day, Nitro, Fall Brawl 1996 and I've been listening to Bobby Heenan, Dusty Rhodes, Eric Bischoff, Tony Schiavone, Larry Zbysko and Mean Gene do commentary and interviews all day.

And then I went to the Network and watched a few minutes of Night of Champions 2013.

Oh boy.

Nothing exposes the sterile, unenthusiastic and downright dumb as fuck commentary of WWE right now then watching old stuff on the Network. Blegh.

its hilarious that for as much as people hated WCW commentary in 1999 and 2000 they would kill for it today over what WWE makes

Hex

Banned

Oh boy.

Puppets are what we have now.
JBL is honestly just embarrassing, Cole will try but then gets buried, and the other seat may as well be empty.
None of them give a shit about what is going on in the ring that is for sure.

Raw64life

Triplemania not withstanding, I automatically like CMLL better for not having a goofy ass six sided ring.

"Most likely this will require an operation, which will take her out of active competition for approximately four months.”

But she's never been in active competition...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yknow I never expected at the time to see Kimberley Page's titty in a movie.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Again the stupid Lana and Summer Rae bullshit has something to do with this.
You can not do both.
You can not try and present divas and women as competition and in ring talent and at the same time still pull the eye candy arm trophy bullshit.
I strongly disagree. You can have it more than both ways, you can have it every way as long as the women involved are empowered and making their own decisions, so to speak.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Worst game this year:
WWE 2k16
Mighty No 9(lol if it doesnt come out this year)
Tony Hawk 5

There's so many ways this one could go folks

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Disco Inferno vs Yuji Nagata. I love older Nagata, but his younger version shouldn't be ignored. Lots of fire in him, and Disco is bumping his ass off for him.

I always had a thing for Macho's Gorgeous George. Alexa Bliss could be her daughter.

Worst game this year:
WWE 2k16
Mighty No 9(lol if it doesnt come out this year)
Tony Hawk 5

There's so many ways this one could go folks

And the sad part is I'll probably play 2k16 and THPS5

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nagata vs Disco ends in an upset, then a La Parka run-in, it's no wonder I loved WCW so much when I was younger. Best of all worlds.

Recall

Lifted this observer post from October 1996 from Scott Keith's BlogofDoom, Meltzer was seemingly off base with his opinions especially in regards to the Monday night wars at the time.

Notes from the October 21 96 Observer in lieu of any news today:

– Bret Hart apparently signed a gigantic deal with the WWF, including a match with Steve Austin at Survivor Series and a rematch with Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania, said to be lower than the $4 million per year that WCW was offering, but over a much longer term. So expect to see Bret Hart in the WWF for a long time.

– Although ratings for Nitro are up, total viewership of wrestling is actually way down from the syndicated era. This whole Monday Night Wars thing is probably a flash in the pan.

– Wahoo McDaniel has decided to retire at 59, due to major heart problems.

– Ric Flair is having rotator cuff surgery and will be out for a while, with Jeff Jarrett already slotted into the Horsemen to replace him.

– Sting will be back on Nitro 10/21 and probably at Havoc, maybe with some kind of character change?

– No one knows what’s up with Mr. Perfect’s supposed return to the ring. Maybe an angle?

– Vic Venom has been fired from Livewire. Doubt we’ll hear much from him again. The show is a total disaster anyway.

– Ken Shamrock was set to come in, but his contract demands were really high, so it’s probably not happening.

People once paid $15 a month for this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lifted this observer post from October 1996 from Scott Keith's BlogofDoom, Meltzer was seemingly off base with his opinions especially in regards to the Monday night wars at the time.

People once paid $15 a month for this.
Hah, wow. What's interesting is the Monday Night Wars was bad for wrestling as a whole, business wise - made everyone else insignificant.

How different would the War have been if WCW didn't flop so hard with Bret Hart? Imagine the reactions if he actually showed up on Nitro almost 24 hours after the screwjob.

Recall

How different would the War have been if WCW didn't flop so hard with Bret Hart? Imagine the reactions if he actually showed up on Nitro almost 24 hours after the screwjob.

WCW had no idea what to do with him and he was no way gonna over come the main event politics. It was doomed regardless.

Top Bottom