• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

Acid08

Banned
Those are pretty fantastic.

I have some progress photos in the cosplay progress thread floating around in OT. Feel free to come up and say hi if you make it. :D
I had no idea that thread existed, your stuff looks perfect! The hair is absolutely FANTASTIC.

Egnirys

Do we wanna get a GAF Fanime meetup in the planning stages?

My fiance, who is also a gaffer, and I would be down. My only obligation so far has been the Persona cosplay gathering Saturday at 3, and the midnight gathering. So Saturday after 1 would work out or anytime Sunday.

Cheska

Good luck to anyone heading out to the convention today! I had a blast yesterday, and it was a real honor to meet some of these folks.

Was there yesterday at Big Wow, was fun. I got a few Sherlock prints from Josh Adams while red_taiyaki got a small commission done from one of the local artists over in Artist Alley.

We both also had Paycho Donuts & helped taiyaki's dad with getting signatures.

Despite having a badge, I doubt I'll make my way down today.

blackflag

Zo3faJ3l.jpg

Bay to breakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

680's nowhere near the terribleness of 880.

Indeed. Luckily I never have to deal with the horror of 880, just 680 on occasion and it still drives me up the wall. 580 on the other hand... Yeah that's one big clusterfuck every morning it seems - and is parallel to my condo complex.

achapel

I started a new job the 20th. Work in Mountain View and am staying in a hotel in Sunnyvale. Looking for a place to rent asap so my girlfriend can move down as well. Anyone know of anything worthwhile?

I was directed here given my recent indiscretion.

Anyway, I'll be in San Jose from 6/19 - 6-23 for work (Netroots), and am looking for things to do. Normally Netroots is a stonking fun time, but I rarely get out to the left coast and want to try to have a little fun that doesn't involve politics. Thoughts, comments, suggestions and so forth are all appreciated!

So, I'll be at the Bay Area Sherlock Con in August, which'll be at Santa Clara State.

http://www.bayareasherlockcon.com/

Currently they have tix (memberships) ranging from $25 - $100 but I'll be there for the 17th & 18th for sure.

Since I'll be down in South Bay, open to hanging out as well while down there.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Mah boy and fellow GAFer animlboogy is coming to visit the bay area for a week, and I'm taking off work. I know plenty of good stuff to do in SF, but what should we check out in the east bay? I've only been to Berkeley once, and only the airport in Oakland. Mostly looking for good places to eat and drink, but also interesting places would be nice to know about.

Toki767

Mah boy and fellow GAFer animlboogy is coming to visit the bay area for a week, and I'm taking off work. I know plenty of good stuff to do in SF, but what should we check out in the east bay? I've only been to Berkeley once, and only the airport in Oakland. Mostly looking for good places to eat and drink, but also interesting places would be nice to know about.

Zachary's for pizza or Fenton's for ice cream. Not a whole lot of sight-seeing things to do in the east bay that I know of.

Hi guys! Just moved to SF on Sunday, and I was wondering whether people had any thoughts for someone who's super new to the city (was here for once and for GDC, but didn't get to hang out much outside of it).

Hi guys! Just moved to SF on Sunday, and I was wondering whether people had any thoughts for someone who's super new to the city (was here for once and for GDC, but didn't get to hang out much outside of it).

Learn how to take SF public transportation (BART + Muni). They're a godsend.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
What do you want to do? What do you need?

Also, if you have a smart phone, make sure you have Google Maps and the nextmuni webpage routed to your home page.

Those are absolutely essential to first moving here.

and invest in a Clippr card, if you're going to be doing a lot of travel, especially up hill or long distances paying the $65 for a monthly pass is what you'll want.

I'm starting work next week, and I'm pretty sure my company has subsidized tickets. Planning to get around via public transit for everything since I don't drive. Don't have a smartphone, unfortunately.

Looking for: stuff to do, especially stuff that doesn't require money since I want to save some money for now. Places to meet new people?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
And just hanging out at bars and striking up convo's works as well. Plenty of places in the mission know what crowds they cater to so there is usually a 2 dollar beer on the menu or a 5-7 dollar PBR and shot of Jameson.

Zeitgeist
Thieves tavern
The elbo room
Giordano brothers
Pops
Mission BAR
Elixir
Shotwells

butzopower

proud of his butz
And just hanging out at bars and striking up convo's works as well. Plenty of places in the mission know what crowds they cater to so there is usually a 2 dollar beer on the menu or a 5-7 dollar PBR and shot of Jameson.

Zeitgeist
Thieves tavern
The elbo room
Giordano brothers
Pops
Mission BAR
Elixir
Shotwells

I don't know how we don't run into each other. Guess cause every other asshole here haunts those places, too. We should do a GAF night in the Mission, play pinball and drink cheap beers.

I don't know how we don't run into each other. Guess cause every other asshole here haunts those places, too. We should do a GAF night in the Mission, play pinball and drink cheap beers.

I'm hoping to join the Bay master race in the upcoming weeks too. That sounds like a great plan.

Hi SF GAF.

So I was supposed to move to SF after my PT in Florida but my GF and I broke up so now I have to fly out there, get my things and drive my car back to Florida.

I have to get my tires changed and sell a few things to make my way back, so is there anyone who would let me crash at their place for a day or two while I get new tires and sell a few things? I don't particularly want to have to spend 60+ dollars for a few nights...

I can pay some money if necessary

Zeitgeist
Thieves tavern
The elbo room
Giordano brothers
Pops
Mission BAR
Elixir
Shotwells

Dude, I love zeitgeist.

Zeitgeist
Thieves tavern
The elbo room
Giordano brothers
Pops
Mission BAR
Elixir
Shotwells

Gestault not too far either. Cash only though. Kilowatt there too.

sarcastor

Looking for: stuff to do, especially stuff that doesn't require money since I want to save some money for now. Places to meet new people?

http://sf.funcheap.com - sooooo much free shit going on. usually the first of the month - that's when the free museum days are. I'm on funemployment myself :)

www.meetup.com - lots of different meetups for all types of hobbies - drawing, photography, poker, boardgames, hiking, etc.

Looking to move to the San fran area after I finish up college in a year. Any good websites about the area?

http://www.sfist.com
http://www.sfnation.com
http://sf.eater.com/

Top Bottom