• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

And just hanging out at bars and striking up convo's works as well. Plenty of places in the mission know what crowds they cater to so there is usually a 2 dollar beer on the menu or a 5-7 dollar PBR and shot of Jameson.

Zeitgeist
Thieves tavern
The elbo room
Giordano brothers
Pops
Mission BAR
Elixir
Shotwells
Good list. I've been to three of those places in the last week.

Mairu

Anyone have any advice on finding a studio in Oakland? Mostly just what areas to avoid and what's safer D:

I'd live in SF but it's so expensive and I'm too antisocial to find the right roommates :(

t26

Anyone have any advice on finding a studio in Oakland? Mostly just what areas to avoid and what's safer D:

I'd live in SF but it's so expensive and I'm too antisocial to find the right roommates :(

Lake Merritt area is fine.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hey guys. For some reason Ive never seen this thread. I hear its supposed to be rainy on Monday/Tuesday. Couldn't be happier.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
After the recent warm weather, it's going to rain on Monday. That should bode well for the commute. :p

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So I just watched Upstream Color. It was kind of annoying and a pain in the ass to sit through, but I really liked it. The style of editing and dialogue really reminds of Dance Party U.S.A. and that other Katz movie. I feel like at some point Shane carruth is actually gonna make a really good and accessible movie, this just wasn't it though. Maybe after a couple more attempts.

Man, the girl in it was super cute too. Fun movie, definitely recommend.
Wicked ass soundtrack too.

Jooney

I'll need to bounce by 9pm to take the last train back to town. It would be great if we could do meet at 8 or maybe a bit earlier.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to the Russian River brewing company in like an hour.

nick nacc

Banned
say if i hypothetically get into grad school at University of Pacific or UCSF. where would i live? Ill be on school loans like a mofo

WorldStar

Banned
went to kick it with a friend in SF the other day. after several beers we somehow ended up at a bar in Oakland that had a bocce court in the bar. Beer and bocce go together amazingly well. Pretty cool bar.

Sorry bruhs did family stuffs mostly all week already back in Portland. Here's a protip though: the Alaska hoppers we take from OAK to PDX offer a complimentary wine or beer. Tonight the stewardesses refilled us twice. So I got to down 3 glasses of wine in a span of about an hour plus my dramamine for the flight. Needless to say I'm rather loopy. Feels good breh.

wario

so if i got into both and choose solely on location. Which is better?

well, if you choose to live in the district the campus is in, i'd go with ucsf. the surrounding area has many restaurants and shops all within walking distance. it's pretty convenient.

uop on the other hand, is on a hill in pac heights. it's primarily residential from what i remember.
of course, you could also live a little bit further from campus so areas like japantown or the marina might work for you.

Jooney

went to kick it with a friend in SF the other day. after several beers we somehow ended up at a bar in Oakland that had a bocce court in the bar. Beer and bocce go together amazingly well. Pretty cool bar.

I came across this place last night too. Cool venue a a good group of people in for a Thursday night. Make Westing I think it's called?

butzopower

proud of his butz
say if i hypothetically get into grad school at University of Pacific or UCSF. where would i live? Ill be on school loans like a mofo

My roommates go to UCSF and we live in the Haight. I think it worked out well until they all got into labs at Mission Bay.

I didn't even know the Mayhem festival was going on this weekend. And the fact it actually has some damn good bands makes it a no brainer. But now I'm on the hunt for a pair of tickets for me and my father in-law. It should be a good chance to do some male bonding with beer and metal! So one way or another I'll be going. Oh and $4 beers!

What's the pride parade like?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I didn't even know the Mayhem festival was going on this weekend. And the fact it actually has some damn good bands makes it a no brainer. But now I'm on the hunt for a pair of tickets for me and my father in-law. It should be a good chance to do some male bonding with beer and metal! So one way or another I'll be going. Oh and $4 beers!

What's the pride parade like?

I actually bought my tickets to Warped at the door. Its at the same place but I don't know if they'll do the same thing for Mayhem. Got my tickets online for this one

Top Bottom