• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

Guys what is the best place to get a burger in San Francisco? There are too many to choose.

Gotts Roadside at the Ferry Building or Super Duper burger. Those are my two suggestions. There's also Fritz but I've never had it, so I can't speak for how good it is.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Guys what is the best place to get a burger in San Francisco? There are too many to choose.

I haven't had a lot of burger joint stuff since I've been out here but when we had GAF meetup in SF a couple months ago we meetup at Super Duper. they had some good burgers and surprisingly cheap beer.

butzopower

proud of his butz

Super Duper is good for standard fare, not super cheap, but pretty delicious. If you want to get a good fancy burger, I'd suggest Roam Burgers. I had a kangaroo burger the other day at Tee Off in the Outer Richmond, $18 with salad and fries, sort of worth it at least for the experience.

Afrikan

OH DAMN WAS IT NICE walking to work....some fine fine DAMN fine ass women. I wish I could be out there drinking and walking around right now.

something crazy though.... my co-worker, who is very pretty and has a nice body, well on her way to work today walking through Civic Center (no choice)....

she got called homophobic, stuck up, bitch, etc....well because.

well the story goes like this... she was walking...a pretty girl smiled at her, she smiled back like she usually does. The other girl then walks up and grabs her tits. two hands both boobs. (she showed how it) I was like :O (more out of excitement and astonishment.)

she doesn't like being touched, well at least like that I guess. So she told her don't touch me and that is when the other girl went off.

craziest thing, a police officer was right there...and when she asked the officer why didn't you say/do anything, he responded "hey at least it wasn't a guy"..and no he couldn't do anything.

she isn't homophobic though, I know that.

Pearl's is also one of the best burger places in the city. Plus they use buffalo meat.

A strong second for pearls, I fucking love that place.

OH DAMN WAS IT NICE walking to work....some fine fine DAMN fine ass women. I wish I could be out there drinking and walking around right now.

something crazy though.... my co-worker, who is very pretty and has a nice body, well on her way to work today walking through Civic Center (no choice)....

she got called homophobic, stuck up, bitch, etc....well because.

well the story goes like this... she was walking...a pretty girl smiled at her, she smiled back like she usually does. The other girl then walks up and grabs her tits. two hands both boobs. (she showed how it) I was like :O (more out of excitement and astonishment.)

she doesn't like being touched, well at least like that I guess. So she told her don't touch me and that is when the other girl went off.

craziest thing, a police officer was right there...and when she asked the officer why didn't you say/do anything, he responded "hey at least it wasn't a guy"..and no he couldn't do anything.

she isn't homophobic though, I know that.

Haha whaaat? So your friend got groped and the cop didnt do anything?

Afrikan

Haha whaaat? So your friend got groped and the cop didnt do anything?

yup....

anyway, just came back from lunch...I swear I stood like 5mins infront of Tequila Stand, but i'm working and couldn't do it... either way walked around Civic Center O_O

MY GAWD! I never get tired of seeing beautiful women, ass ass aaaassss. Women Ass ;)

but yeah, you have to keep your awareness still, because I'm a man who turns his head to appreciate a women....and if you are not paying attention, you might bump into a 60 year old naked guy.

either way, its a BEAUTIFUL DAY here in the city.... everyone is having fun. Feels great.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I can't deal with the crowds... Plenty of naked men and women on the Internet.

Afrikan

I can't deal with the crowds... Plenty of naked men and women on the Internet.

well, i've never been a person who can stand still in a crowd...which is why I don't like concerts...but walking through them, as long as its not packed, is great.

its not packed packed....you are not constantly bumping into people.

I'm curious to know how it is in Union Square and the Mission/Valencia.

wenis

The real party will be tonite in the Castro. That's a lot more fun and a bit more 'local' in feel.

Afrikan

The real party will be tonite in the Castro. That's a lot more fun and a bit more 'local' in feel.

oh yeah that was going to be a given.

there was a party last night wasn't there? My co-worker said she had fun.

I don't think I can handle that much people though.

wenis

the shit show is the folsom street fair.

Pride is a bit cleaner than that.

Any good 4th of july parties with fireworks in the bay area? I almost thought about going to one of the beaches north of santa cruz to cool off.

fabprems

Hi BayGaffers,

I'll be visiting SF for the first time next week (11>15th) and I've rented an appartement in Lower Haight. If you have nice things to do/see in the neighborhood or in the city during this time, I would be very grateful ! ;)

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Quick question about muni. I pay cash for bus fare and get a receipt. Do I have to pay again if I ride a different route the same day?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Hi BayGaffers,

I'll be visiting SF for the first time next week (11>15th) and I've rented an appartement in Lower Haight. If you have nice things to do/see in the neighborhood or in the city during this time, I would be very grateful ! ;)

If you like beer, the Toronado is a must stop. It is at Haight and Fillmore.

Get a sausage next door and a Moonlight Death and Taxes or Russian River Pliny the Elder. Those are the two best beers made in California.

wenis

i hate being broke right now. i just want to go out and get some booze, drugs and wander around.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Bay area Gaffers. I will be down in SF from the 11th to the 13th for a conference (near UCSF mission bay.

Any recommendations for inexpensive but non-shady places to stay? Probably end up leasing a room on AirBnB but not sure yet. My dad lives in San Jose but that is sort of a drive and probably not worth the savings.

Coming over to SF in a few weeks. Im trying to look up the best way to travel on public transport but its night mare of names, fares and cards.

As i understand it you don't have weekly or monthly passes for ANYTHING, you pay for each individual ride. Is that correct?

What the hell is a clipper card, is it just a way to travel without having to use cash to pay as its already topped up?

If i want to be able to travel by Bart, Bus, Cable Car and train what sort of card/s will i need or should i just pay in cash only?

wenis

Coming over to SF in a few weeks. Im trying to look up the best way to travel on public transport but its night mare of names, fares and cards.

As i understand it you don't have weekly or monthly passes for ANYTHING, you pay for each individual ride. Is that correct?

What the hell is a clipper card, is it just a way to travel without having to use cash to pay as its already topped up?

If i want to be able to travel by Bart, Bus, Cable Car and train what sort of card/s will i need or should i just pay in cash only?

a clipper card applies to all of the bay area transit minus amtrak.

So that's Muni train/bus/trolly service ($64 dollar monthly pass for just local MUNI trains and buses at all hours of the day/$74 Monthly pass will grant access to local SF Bart stops)

BART (monthly pass ranges from $46-$71 dollars, I'm not sure how that works out, I've never used it, I just pay the ride fee).

And the Clippr can also be used on CALTrain. Prices vary on those rides split into 6 zones all with their own flat rate, they also offer monthly passes.

MUNI
BART
CALTrain

Mairu

a clipper card applies to all of the bay area transit minus amtrak.

So that's Muni train/bus/trolly service ($64 dollar monthly pass for just local MUNI trains and buses at all hours of the day/$74 Monthly pass will grant access to local SF Bart stops)

BART (monthly pass ranges from $46-$71 dollars, I'm not sure how that works out, I've never used it, I just pay the ride fee).

And the Clippr can also be used on CALTrain. Prices vary on those rides split into 6 zones all with their own flat rate, they also offer monthly passes.

MUNI
BART
CALTrain

There's no monthly pass for BART it's just a slightly discounted fare for buying bulk (that can only be spent on BART)

I think they used to have passes but eliminated them

Toki767

There's no monthly pass for BART it's just a slightly discounted fare for buying bulk (that can only be spent on BART)

I think they used to have passes but eliminated them

There actually is a monthly pass for BART if you only travel inside San Francisco.

fabprems

If you like beer, the Toronado is a must stop. It is at Haight and Fillmore.

Get a sausage next door and a Moonlight Death and Taxes or Russian River Pliny the Elder. Those are the two best beers made in California.
Thanx man.
Will definitely check that ! :)

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Heading up to sf for what's probably gonna be my last time. Gonna see sone sights I haven't had a chance to scope out yet

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Sure it was your mood that perked up? ;p

Went to some punk rock dive bar in SF last night (with oddly awesome food). I could tell one of the bands was going to be fucking metal when I saw they had a leaf blower on stage.

Top Bottom