• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

Let the transportation crap fest begin. How's everyone else planning to get around? Starting a new job out in SOMA on Monday... Gotta figure out how to get there now, leaving at 4am may be the only way.

AcridMeat

Banned
Let the transportation crap fest begin. How's everyone else planning to get around? Starting a new job out in SOMA on Monday... Gotta figure out how to get there now, leaving at 4am may be the only way.
That's some hot garbage. It's getting ridiculous with these demands. One of the only times it's a good thing I live in the crappy north bay.

When are we going to get something together for a meet up again? May not be the best time with another strike happening, but maybe plan ahead a few weeks.

When are we going to get something together for a meet up again? May not be the best time with another strike happening, but maybe plan ahead a few weeks.
I was thinking maybe November 9th down in Mountain View or somewhere else on the Peninsula. We can find some where we can get food & drinks in the afternoon. Not sure how that works for everyone.

Took the free bus shuttle from Dublin/Plesanton Bart this morning at 5am, got to San Francisco shortly before 6am.

Kinda happy that the roads were smooth coming over here but man, I hate to think what'll it be like on Monday if the unions are still striking.

Didn't hear much horror stories today though most people that normally uses BART just came in early.

Maybe cause it was Friday or something, hah.

apana

I hope the Bart Strike doesn't last too long. I have to start commuting to SF almost everyday starting Monday. This is such a pain, I am already overworked and I have no time for crap like this. :(

AcridMeat

Banned
I was thinking maybe November 9th down in Mountain View or somewhere else on the Peninsula. We can find some where we can get food & drinks in the afternoon. Not sure how that works for everyone.
50 miles from me. The spirit is willing but the flesh is spongy and bruised.
I hope the Bart Strike doesn't last too long. I have to start commuting to SF almost everyday starting Monday. This is such a pain, I am already overworked and I have no time for crap like this. :(
I always imagined Psyduck as stressed out over his day job.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Not as bad as not being able to commute but this strike may ruin my Kanye concert plans. May have to drive and pay parking at Oracle now :(. Damn you BART!.

Earlier this year I lived in SF for 11 weeks. I lived in Bayview and worked in Marina. I live in NYC now and like it but miss the 7x7!!

If you see a bearded jolly fellow working behind the ice cream counter at bi-rite tell him his band rules and then go see his band

Earlier this year I lived in SF for 11 weeks. I lived in Bayview and worked in Marina. I live in NYC now and like it but miss the 7x7!!

If you see a bearded jolly fellow working behind the ice cream counter at bi-rite tell him his band rules and then go see his band
I will try, I went to bi-rite this last weekend

Took the free bus shuttle from Dublin/Plesanton Bart this morning at 5am, got to San Francisco shortly before 6am.

Kinda happy that the roads were smooth coming over here but man, I hate to think what'll it be like on Monday if the unions are still striking.

What time did you get to the station to get a ticket and hop on the bus? I think I'm gonna have to do that tomorrow.

Took the free charter bus today and it was a pretty smooth experience. Arrived at about 4:30am at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART and made it on the 2nd bus by 5:10-5:15ish; arrived in SF by 6:15. Hopefully the ride back is just as smooth. Wish I could use the service tomorrow, but I get out late and won't be able to catch the last bus out of the city. Gonna have to figure out an alternate travel option tomorrow.

This BART thing has made me appreciate having a five minute walk to work from my apartment. That said, most of my coworkers just work from home during strikes, so maybe the joke is on me.

What time did you get to the station to get a ticket and hop on the bus? I think I'm gonna have to do that tomorrow.

On Friday, I got there about 4:50 and was on the second bus out at like 5:05am. Today, I got to Bart about 5:15 and got to San Francisco about 6:20am today.

As tempting as it is to get on later, I think I'll just start and end my days early despite there being no penalties at work for being late. Since getting home is more of the issue than coming in, I'd rather not have to stay until like 7pm (which is when the last bus from SF leaves) unless I have a place to stay for the night and a means to get home the next day.

This will be my first winter in San Francisco. Avg temp range of 45º–70º for Mountain View and San Francisco doesn't seem so bad to someone used to the extremes of winter and summer. It seems more like we will oscillate between the extremes of spring/fall instead.

TgVu+

SbLb+

The temperatures won't get you. It's the wind tunnels in certain sections of SF and the sideways rain.

I can see that for sure. I wore shorts to the grocery last night and the wind shooting through the street was pretty killer.

My wife lost her Clipper card to the wind a few weeks ago during a particularly foggy/windy day when we walked from America's Cup up to Golden Gate.

I'm not looking forward to the rainy season I keep hearing about.

v1lla21

South Bay GAF! What is the weather like in the dead of winter (December - February) in San Jose/Mountain View?
Hmm it isn't that bad (I'm from San Jose). One would expect it to be kind of cold by now or windy but it's not even that. You can probably expect weather to be from mid 30s to mid 60s, if last winter is anything to go by. I like the cold weather so it doesn't bother me much.

When I moved out last January, they hit a small cold patch that sent it just below 40. As a Midwesterner, I laughed at everyone's reactions to the cold.
I was the only one who I knew that liked it :/ lol.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I was the only one who I knew that liked it :/ lol.

Now that said, I'll take your weather any day of the week. I just survived a huge blizzard a week or so ago that killed people, knocked out power for days, and put a ban on travel for a few days. So be glad for what you got.

v1lla21

Now that said, I'll take your weather any day of the week. I just survived a huge blizzard a week or so ago that killed people, knocked out power for days, and put a ban on travel for a few days. So be glad for what you got.
Oh man that's horrible :( where are you from?

Currently enjoying the fog and cold post-Bart strike here in San Francisco.

Celebrating it with a burger from Super Duper right now. Though the aesthetic is similar to Shake Shack in ways, which I has again three weeks ago, I like this place more.

D0567B72-9EE8-4AFB-AE8F-518411D9AB34-1524-0000017188987AD4_zps33e89f42.jpg

If you're going to Super Duper and don't order garlic fries, you are doing it wrong.

Funny enough, I was merely recreating the burger and fries I had while at Shake Shack so since I didn't have garlic fries there, I didn't get them at Super Duper.

...maybe next week I'll go back and get them.

Top Bottom