• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

Funny enough, I was merely recreating the burger and fries I had while at Shake Shack so since I didn't have garlic fries there, I didn't get them at Super Duper.

...maybe next week I'll go back and get them.
they're worth it. I want to get a spiked cookies and cream shake next time I'm there.

Got a sandwich from The Sentinel today, it was really good

AcridMeat

Banned
The spiked shakes are pretty decent, I doubt there's much Soju in it though. I haven't been in weeks, there's a burger place that opened recently that's in walking distance from my place.

they're worth it. I want to get a spiked cookies and cream shake next time I'm there.

Had the garlic fries last time I was at Super Duper acutually so I know what I'd be getting. :3

I love the shakes at Super Duper for sure.

butzopower

proud of his butz

I try and hit up The Sentinel once a month, so fucking good. We're at 5th and Howard now, but used to at 3rd and Market, so I hit that up all the time. Zog Dogs isn't too bad over there, either.

I don't know what weather y'all talking about, it's fucking freezing, and I'm from the Midwest. Pretty sure it's getting me sick.

I try and hit up The Sentinel once a month, so fucking good. We're at 5th and Howard now, but used to at 3rd and Market, so I hit that up all the time. Zog Dogs isn't too bad over there, either.

I don't know what weather y'all talking about, it's fucking freezing, and I'm from the Midwest. Pretty sure it's getting me sick.
today wasn't so bad, wasn't as windy

AcridMeat

Banned
Goddamnit, all this talk about Super Duper and I've never been. How does it compare to Pearl's?
Smaller burgers definitely, but unlike Pearl's, you'll be satisfied and not feel like keeling over.

All this talk is making me want it bad now. Will probably get some this weekend.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Smaller burgers definitely, but unlike Pearl's, you'll be satisfied and not feel like keeling over.

All this talk is making me want it bad now. Will probably get some this weekend.
Keeling over is why you go to pearls. Satisfaction pose is also known as the keel.

apana

I hate foggy and cold times of the year. I used to enjoy it as a kid but now when I am an adult and have to do work it sucks.

keszuljunk_a_telre_2.jpg

Anyone interested in checking out a haunted house in the old mint building? If so check out www.thehauntedhouseofhorrors.com it claims to be the first ever haunted house in SF. I'm kind of interested, but mainly because of where it's located and the history behind the building. I really was hoping the extreme terror experience was coming near here, but that doesn't seem likely to happen.

So what is everyone doing for Halloween? I've got no plans as of yet.

wenis

Sliders over on 16th is pretty bomb and their special was 10 bucks for two sliders and an order of fries or soup or a salad. Good ass deal, good ass sliders.

order the lamb slider. DO IT.

v1lla21

Three robberies and one man flashing girls at my college since I started the semester... I thought shit like that wouldn't have happened.

sca2511

Three robberies and one man flashing girls at my college since I started the semester... I thought shit like that wouldn't have happened.

I just got a notification of a robbery occurring at a local JC. Seems like stuff like that has been happening more frequently over there.

Egnirys

At UCSC during the first week of classes there were attempted kidnappings. All possible victims were girls and the perps were some guys trying to force the girls into their car. Also someone stole a stuffed weasel belonging to the school's natural history museum.

Heading down to Santa Cruz on Sunday to go watch Frankenstein at the Nick.

Will be good to get the East Bay out of my lungs for a bit and enjoy my old stomping grounds for a day.

Mmm... I can taste the fried food from the Boardwalk now.

wenis

Hope you get a jobbie I've got my fingers crossed.

What do you do? We have a few things, but they're either technical or specialized.

I just spent the last year and some change working in Advertising, but my primary field was in environment art design and production roles. I took the advert gig because it was some good experience and connects, but it kinda left me a bit burned on that side of the business.

I'm teaching myself Python and brushing up on my C#/++ while I look, but I'm honestly ready to jump on anything at this point.

I realize I don't know very many of you, but I'd like to open up some communication with some of ya'll in the SF Bay Area. My friends in the game industry are all spread around the West coast (and the world) now, and the rest I rarely hangout as many are just GMs and such for F2P games who generally are more into partying and raves than gaming.

Basically, I'd like to hang out with some knowledgeable gaming folk at some point and if you're reg GAF that'd be a bonus (or so I'd think). I'm largely in Sunnyvale and San Jose. I've definitely met some awesome gamers and game-dev students but my actual circle(s) of friends have very few gamers who can comprehend what 1080p even means.

Linkhero1

Currently enjoying the fog and cold post-Bart strike here in San Francisco.

Celebrating it with a burger from Super Duper right now. Though the aesthetic is similar to Shake Shack in ways, which I has again three weeks ago, I like this place more.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/NeoGAF%20Pick-Ups/D0567B72-9EE8-4AFB-AE8F-518411D9AB34-1524-0000017188987AD4_zps33e89f42.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Looks so good. If only I could eat fries.

Might go on my cheat day this weekend ;)

Their garlic fries are the bomb.

There you go.

Granted, I wish more places served fried cheese curds... I only know of The Forge in Oakland that serves them.

I could probably make them myself if I head down to the Farmer's Market and buy a bag of curds.

Boogie9IGN

Any ideas for things to do on Halloween in SF? My friends and I are planning on going to the Castro and bar hopping but I'm open to other suggestions

Also, will BART be having extended hours or anything? Couldn't get a definite answer earlier

wenis

Locally Halloween was sorta last weekend, but I'm sure things are still goin down tomorrow.

As for BART, I wouldn't count on it.

iavi

Clubs are always a go to on Halloween, if that's your scene. I was @ Noble over on polk for last years and shit was hot, both literally and figuratively. Probably gonna do something a little more low-key for this year's.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So had Super Duper for the first time today. Definitely lived up to the hype!. Got a super burger, garlic fries, and a cookies and cream milkshake. Sooo good. And I'm bulking anyway so I needed to eat all of it lol.

Going to the game tomorrow and have been told I should leave early to avoid the traffic madhouse 90-minutes before kickoff. So with that said what's there to do in Palo Alto?

Going to the game tomorrow and have been told I should leave early to avoid the traffic madhouse 90-minutes before kickoff. So with that said what's there to do in Palo Alto?
Town & Country Village is across the street from the stadium. There's a bunch of places to eat and some shopping there. You could also check out Stanford Shopping Center as that isn't very far. Not sure if that's what you had in mind...

wenis

or you could tailgate. bring a six pack and just be like "yo, hook me up with a burger and i got these buds".

v1lla21

I got an email from AMD that they'll be having a fan fest at the convention center in San Jose and there will be battlefield 4 tournaments. Free admission too. I'll probably go with some friends.

Clubs are always a go to on Halloween, if that's your scene. I was @ Noble over on polk for last years and shit was hot, both literally and figuratively. Probably gonna do something a little more low-key for this year's.
I just checked Noble's site and they don't have anything scheduled and the last blog post was January. Did they shut down?

AcridMeat

Banned
I think we should try to plan something soon. Around the holiday time so maybe more people are in the area.

Nice to bump into you this week Beardy, you're a good dude.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The 4th bore of the Caldecott Tunnel is finally open! They actually finished on-time and under budget too.

wenis

time to put your noggins together boys. i need a restaurant in the mission that has a good spicy item menu for friday night.

i dont really want to do the usual date, wanna switch things up a bit.

time to put your noggins together boys. i need a restaurant in the mission that has a good spicy item menu for friday night.

i dont really want to do the usual date, wanna switch things up a bit.
Do you want something literally spicy or just a cool restaurant for a date?

Top Bottom