• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

I work in SJ and live on the peninsula.. Let's do this

2evxxQv.png

Anyone have any recommendations for Japanese FOOD in SF? not just Sushi?

I was a fool thinking I was booking early enough a week and a half before hand, but Akikos is all booked for next saturday, been trying to call them..

Anyone have any recommendations for Japanese FOOD in SF? not just Sushi?

I was a fool thinking I was booking early enough a week and a half before hand, but Akikos is all booked for next saturday, been trying to call them..
Ippuku is my favorite, but that's in Berkeley. Izakaya Yuzuki and Nojo are supposedly pretty good here in SF, but I haven't eaten at either of them yet. There's a few options in Japantown, as well.

Ippuku is my favorite, but that's in Berkeley. Izakaya Yuzuki and Nojo are supposedly pretty good here in SF, but I haven't eaten at either of them yet. There's a few options in Japantown, as well.

In a bit of a rush I booked Hanazen on Pier 39. hearing mixed reviews, but the view is supposed to be something else.

gcubed

How do you like this arrangement, particularly the commute? I'm considering living in Pacifica and I work out of Sunnyvale.

I travel around the bay for customers so I'm not always driving to Santa Clara. I ride a motorcycle most of the year so it makes it easier when I do go places during rush hour. I have a friend who lives in HMB and drives to Google but his schedule allows him to miss most of rush hour.

Not sure if that helps you at all!

I travel around the bay for customers so I'm not always driving to Santa Clara. I ride a motorcycle most of the year so it makes it easier when I do go places during rush hour. I have a friend who lives in HMB and drives to Google but his schedule allows him to miss most of rush hour.

Not sure if that helps you at all!

I figure since it's the 280 most of the way and because I'll be travelling the opposite way of most of the traffic that I'll probably be ok, and I've heard the same thing from a few others, but it never hurts to get some other input, so thanks man!

gcubed

I figure since it's the 280 most of the way and because I'll be travelling the opposite way of most of the traffic that I'll probably be ok, and I've heard the same thing from a few others, but it never hurts to get some other input, so thanks man!

Yea 280 hasn't been a big problem since I moved here, getting to it sometimes is the bigger pain in the ass

I figure since it's the 280 most of the way and because I'll be travelling the opposite way of most of the traffic that I'll probably be ok

Counter-commute plus 280 means you'll be fine. I think those assholes at Google wrote their algorithms to tell everyone to take 101 everywhere just so they can keep 280 secret.

AcridMeat

Banned
Super Duper eh? You've caught my attention... might have to try that this weekend.
I had it for dinner. I'm usually a slow eater but I tend to wolf their food down.

280 is pretty great, have never had problems when I've had to use it. It's always the calm of the storm of expletives at bay area drivers for me.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
My current GF and I went to elbo out first date, then Gestalt. Bitches love pinball.

Almost went to Elbo Room, but the call of more chatting and drinking came to order so we hit up Giordano, Picaro for Dinner then Delirium for more drinks.
then back to my place *selffive*

I haven't been to Delirium in a hot minute, I really like that bar.

Egnirys

Did anyone go to the Doctor Who 50th event at the Century in the mall in SF? It was great seeing the looks on peoples faces in the mall when a horde of fans in fezzes emerged from the theater.

robox

delirium used to be the undisputed best. then they got rid of their galaga and ms. pacman machines. so now i take my business to kilowatt

harSon

Banned
If anyone in the Bay Area wants an Xbox One (San Jose specifically), I have one on layaway at Walmart that I'm going to end up cancelling. I have until early to mid December to pick it up, so if you're in need of one, just swing me a PM and it's yours for MSRP + tax.

butzopower

proud of his butz
delirium used to be the undisputed best. then they got rid of their galaga and ms. pacman machines. so now i take my business to kilowatt

I still think Gestalt Haus has em all beat near the 16th BART station. Lots of great beers on tap decently priced, sausages, and like 6 pinball machines. You can even forgo tomorrow's hangover with some cheap Pakwan right across the street, BYOB that shit get ur phone stoled and everything.

gcubed

If anyone in the Bay Area wants an Xbox One (San Jose specifically), I have one on layaway at Walmart that I'm going to end up cancelling. I have until early to mid December to pick it up, so if you're in need of one, just swing me a PM and it's yours for MSRP + tax.

Damn you, why didnt you put the ps4 on layaway! :)

Had fun last weekend at the Tech Museum to see the Star Wars exhibit. Not only did they have the models/costumes, but it was great seeing the tech that was inspired by the movies. Behind-the-Scenes clips were also shown in little kiosks as well as the science inspired from it. There were also games & learning stations for everyone else to enjoy.

Definitely recommend it for fans and families alike.

Thinking about going back to see one part of the exhibit that was sold out when we were there.

butzopower

proud of his butz
I'm in Boston for the month, and it's actually warmer out here today and yesterday. Gonna snow in the next few days, though.

harSon

Banned
Its so cold here. I am really worried we might get frozen pipes.

It is cold as fuck. My car was severely iced over on Monday and a squeegee wasn't enough, and when I went to waterhose my car down, I soon realized that the leftover water in the hose had frozen -_-

So I had to lug a bucket of water over to the car, but before I could drive off, the water I threw on my windows was freezing...

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
It is cold as fuck. My car was severely iced over on Monday and a squeegee wasn't enough, and when I went to waterhose my car down, I soon realized that the leftover water in the hose had frozen -_-

So I had to lug a bucket of water over to the car, but before I could drive off, the water I threw on my windows was freezing...

Why not get a scrapper? That's what I use on my pickup here in South Dakota.

This morning there was snow on the Saratoga hills which was something else to see. Lots of ice out on the roadway down here this morning too. No one knew what to do with the water mains bursting on 85, but then again no one knows how to drive on 85 in the first place. I saw a few parking garages closed up this morning too due to exposed pipes bursting it looked like a ice skating rink in one of them.

I'm hoping that next week's California Academy of Science event is cool. It certainly sounds like a cool place, has anyone gone there? I'm taking the missus to one of the Christmas themed night events. It's got all kinds of stuff to see and experience, they even have Reindeer supposedly. I'm looking forward to checking out the natural sciences gem collection up close and personal. Anyone have any tips on what to see first or what to skip?

So how are everyone's holidays going for them? Hopefully the season is not getting to any of you. Scrooges need to be identified and taken care of with copious amounts of spirits and holiday cheer.

Egnirys

I'm hoping that next week's California Academy of Science event is cool. It certainly sounds like a cool place, has anyone gone there? I'm taking the missus to one of the Christmas themed night events. It's got all kinds of stuff to see and experience, they even have Reindeer supposedly. I'm looking forward to checking out the natural sciences gem collection up close and personal. Anyone have any tips on what to see first or what to skip?
I highly recommend going to the planetarium first and grabbing tickets. I'm not familiar with the shows they'll be playing during NightLife, but I saw one about the universe and really enjoyed it. The planetarium is a hot attraction to see there, so get tickets immediately when you arrive because they go fast.

This morning there was snow on the Saratoga hills which was something else to see. Lots of ice out on the roadway down here this morning too. No one knew what to do with the water mains bursting on 85, but then again no one knows how to drive on 85 in the first place. I saw a few parking garages closed up this morning too due to exposed pipes bursting it looked like a ice skating rink in one of them.

So how are everyone's holidays going for them? Hopefully the season is not getting to any of you. Scrooges need to be identified and taken care of with copious amounts of spirits and holiday cheer.
I think I'm going to go to that Academy thing

I'm hoping that next week's California Academy of Science event is cool. It certainly sounds like a cool place, has anyone gone there? I'm taking the missus to one of the Christmas themed night events. It's got all kinds of stuff to see and experience, they even have Reindeer supposedly. I'm looking forward to checking out the natural sciences gem collection up close and personal. Anyone have any tips on what to see first or what to skip?.

Worth it for the Albino Alligator and Tropical Rainforest.

I highly recommend going to the planetarium first and grabbing tickets. I'm not familiar with the shows they'll be playing during NightLife, but I saw one about the universe and really enjoyed it. The planetarium is a hot attraction to see there, so get tickets immediately when you arrive because they go fast.

We get VIP tickets to the first planetarium showing. I believe it is the universe showing as well for the VIP. The other showing is for the earthquake experience.

Worth it for the Albino Alligator and Tropical Rainforest.

This is exactly why I wanted to go see it. I've heard so much about the Albino Alligator and the whole Tropical Rainforest enclosure.

This sounds interesting, what date is it specifically?

Beardy let's get together in Berkeley or the city soon.

December 12th for the Cal Science thing.

I'm totally down for doing something but this weekend is chaotic due to Xmas parties. But next weekend I'm down to do something if your schedule permits it.

I think I'm going to go to that Academy thing

You should come along it'll be a fun night. They have changed a few things since I got my tickets, but it's essentially the same. Get your tickets early if you do plan on going though as they supposedly sell out.

Here's a link:
http://www.calacademy.org/events/nightlife/

Top Bottom