• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

Taken at new 49ers stadium:

1486763_10152014435588758_1191113994_n.jpg

Players gonna Play?

What was the purpose of the cars being there? Just a group of guys showing off their cars? That tends to happen a lot near Sunnyvale. I see a lot of Miata groups sadly, but when you go up to highway 34's skyline drive you get to see the expensive exotics.

rokkerkory

Players gonna Play?

What was the purpose of the cars being there? Just a group of guys showing off their cars? That tends to happen a lot near Sunnyvale. I see a lot of Miata groups sadly, but when you go up to highway 34's skyline drive you get to see the expensive exotics.

We just got together to take some pictures during thanksgiving break. No showing off cars because only we were there. :)

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Sooo I figure this is the place to ask this.

Short background: Moved to SF in 2006 (Fillmore then Lake Merced). Lived in Vallejo for the last couple of years.

Story leading up to the question: My Girlfriend is coming here from Japan and some friends of mine are coming up from SoCal from December 27-30. Rented a couple of rooms off Lombard, not too far from the Mel's. Planned on taking them to the classics, Coit tower, Golden Gate bridge, Fisherman's warf, J-town (to get a laugh outta my girlfriend), North Beach, China Town, Twin Peaks/Mt Davidson, and a few others for sight seeing. Planned on eating Ike's, Super Duper, Genki Crepes, Stinking Rose (GF loves garlic), People's Cafe, maaaaybe dotti's, and some others. Haven't decided on bars or other possible events yet.

TL,DR + actual question: Want to show some good people a good time in SF. Do you guys (and gals) have any other good suggestions for sight seeing, food, bars, and events?

rokkerkory

Short background: Moved to SF in 2006 (Fillmore then Lake Merced). Lived in Vallejo for the last couple of years.

Story leading up to the question: My Girlfriend is coming here from Japan and some friends of mine are coming up from SoCal from December 27-30. Rented a couple of rooms off Lombard, not too far from the Mel's. Planned on taking them to the classics, Coit tower, Golden Gate bridge, Fisherman's warf, J-town (to get a laugh outta my girlfriend), North Beach, China Town, Twin Peaks/Mt Davidson, and a few others for sight seeing. Planned on eating Ike's, Super Duper, Genki Crepes, Stinking Rose (GF loves garlic), People's Cafe, maaaaybe dotti's, and some others. Haven't decided on bars or other possible events yet.

TL,DR + actual question: Want to show some good people a good time in SF. Do you guys (and gals) have any other good suggestions for sight seeing, food, bars, and events?

I am not sure if you like EDM or clubs, but when I do go to a club I go to Ruby Skye. Of course there are some amazing ass restaurants in SF which I am sure you know already! :)

Farmer's market at the Ferry Building has some great food.

Anybody going to the Zelda Symphony next Saturday in San Jose? How is the San Jose Civic as a venue?

I wish I was going to that, but I didn't get tickets in time. This is the second time they've brought the show to the Civic, and I just recently heard it was coming back. It's a college campus venue so expect a nightmare for parking and to pay for parking too. As a place for live shows it's ok. Definitely not the best place to see stuff though. The audio can been problematic in that place.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I wish I was going to that, but I didn't get tickets in time. This is the second time they've brought the show to the Civic, and I just recently heard it was coming back. It's a college campus venue so expect a nightmare for parking and to pay for parking too. As a place for live shows it's ok. Definitely not the best place to see stuff though. The audio can been problematic in that place.

The Zelda concert at Davies Symphony Hall in SF was fantastic. Excellent venue.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
628 area code incoming!

(12-19) 14:17 PST San Francisco -- Starting in 13 months, new phone numbers issued in San Francisco or Marin County will no longer begin with the familiar "415."

Instead, get ready for "628."

California regulators on Thursday approved a new area code overlay for San Francisco and Marin counties. Existing numbers won't change. But come February 2015, any new number will start with the area code 628.

The reason? After 66 years of service, 415 is almost used up.

Without the new overlay, approved Thursday by the California Public Utilities Commission, all available prefixes within the 415 area code would be used up by 2015. The 415 area code was one of California's original three area codes, created in 1947.

While existing phone numbers won't change, you'll need to dial them in a different way. Starting six months from today, anyone calling from one 415 number to another will need to use all 10 digits.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
If we want it accessible keep it on/around a bart line. There are also great bars near the 19th st bart station.

v1lla21

Was in SF earlier and a guy asked me for the time and I gave it to him and then he said, "thank you long cock." My friends and I bursted out laughing.

How many people prefer SF over Berk at this point? It should factor in to the place we choose.

SF and Berkeley are both a pain in the ass to get to from San Jose when you don't own a car, lol, so I'm pretty neutral on this one.

EDIT: Berkeley is almost always gonna be easier to park in though.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
From the 16th to 24th st BART you got

Elixir
Kilowatt
Shotwells
Giordano Bros
Mission Bar
500 Club
Delirium
Gestalt Haus
The Attic Club
Latin American Club
Skylark