• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

I'd vote for Giordano Bros. They have good sandwiches and a solid beer list. The only potential issues would be if it's packed and tough to hang out as a group, or if the music is up too loud. Otherwise, it's a good choice.

Southern Pacific Brewing Co has a good amount of space indoors and outside, plus the food is good. It's a 10-15 min walk from 16th St BART, though.

We could also hit up Rosamunde again (we've been there for a previous GAF meet up), but that place can get a little loud and there's no outdoor space. It's very close to 24th St BART.

Virgil's Sea Room has some outside seating. They don't mind if you bring food in.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
or you can try and cram everyone into the Beauty Bar ;)

rad place if it's just a handful of people.

What's wrong with Zeit?

Cash-only, crowded, staff who gets mad about random shit. Other people do giant hipster takeovers of the back patio but for myself it's the kind of place I'd rather go with a small group of people I know.

Southern Pacific Brewing Co has a good amount of space indoors and outside, plus the food is good. It's a 10-15 min walk from 16th St BART, though.

We could also hit up Rosamunde again (we've been there for a previous GAF meet up), but that place can get a little loud and there's no outdoor space. It's very close to 24th St BART.

Virgil's Sea Room has some outside seating. They don't mind if you bring food in.

Any of these or Giordano sound good (if you think it wouldn't be too crowded at Rosamunde.)

I can't do cash only, I refuse.

:p

Also it depends on location. I feel weird about going anywhere in SF that's not close to the BART. Need to get home somehow.

butzopower

proud of his butz
They don't take bitcoin then I even showing up.

I'm feeling a pretty bad cold coming, might have to cancel on my Sea of Dreams / drugs plans :(

6 or 7? While 10/11 is early for me I need to get on a train at that time so I'm left with starting earlier for more meet time.

7 is more practical since I'm gonna have to swing up from the South Bay (which in practice means Caltrain -> BART probably.)

We pick a place?

butzopower

proud of his butz
Well apple cider vinegar is basically a super drink, as I'm cured and will be heading out tonight to prolly see some of you at SoD.

Putting my phone number in an email tag, so just quote this post if you want it.

AcridMeat

Banned
Well apple cider vinegar is basically a super drink, as I'm cured and will be heading out tonight to prolly see some of you at SoD.

Putting my phone number in an email tag, so just quote this post if you want it.

Fuck I left for the city way earlier I should have checked this thread, but I had a blast there. We left a bit early so we could catch the bus back to marin.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Should justify why I picked The Sycamore. They've got food, and a decent beer selection. They've got a small beer garden that shouldn't be packed if we get there by 7. It shares any alley with Elbo Room, if wanted to go somewhere else and play pinball. Gestalt Haus also has pinball and like 35 beers on tap. Both within a block of 16th St. BART.

Should justify why I picked The Sycamore. They've got food, and a decent beer selection. They've got a small beer garden that shouldn't be packed if we get there by 7. It shares any alley with Elbo Room, if wanted to go somewhere else and play pinball. Gestalt Haus also has pinball and like 35 beers on tap. Both within a block of 16th St. BART.

Well if no one has any objections you have my vote.

The Sycamore works for me. Good place to hang out if it isn't too crowded. I've only been there during SF Beer Week when it's a mess, but it doesn't sound like it'll be too bad early on Friday. I can make 6 or 7 - whenever people want to meet up.

Let's do this, GAF.

I had a dream last night that I was playing Sleeping Dogs, but it was set in the Bay Area. I was cruising around Palo Alto and fucking people up.

I'm a little under the weather right now
which certainly has nothing to do with being out too late on NYE
, but I'll be there tomorrow evening. See you all at the Sycamore.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I may make an appearance if I can afford a beer or two. Can't wait to start working again.

Top Bottom