• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

gcubed

You're welcome. One of these years we'll have to do a GAF field trip up to the brewery.
Stay warm. It's absurd how cold it is in the rest of the country right now.

i enjoy their beer, but man their brewery and food is just terrible.

Coming from the east coast and going to dogfish head almost every other month, it was shocking when i first went there.

But hey, I complain, but i will still go!

For a good chill brewery i've been going to Drakes in San Leandro, although its in such a shitty location

Yeah, it has the character of a dive bar and there are a lot of better places to eat in Santa Rosa within a couple of blocks. Pizza isn't too bad, though.

I haven't been to Drakes - I should check that out sometime.

gcubed

Yeah, it has the character of a dive bar and there are a lot of better places to eat in Santa Rosa within a couple of blocks. Pizza isn't too bad, though.

I haven't been to Drakes - I should check that out sometime.

if you ever go let me know, i'm not far from it. Its in a warehouse though, they usually have a food truck come in for anything to eat. I say this as i harp on Russian River a few minutes ago.

The pizza bites appetizer is pretty kick ass at RR though, i forgot about those. If you ever go up to Napa, Bilco Billiards is awesome in actual Napa proper. An entire wall of beer on tap (over 60 i think). That was my first experience with Pliny in a pint glass years ago... on the east coast they are only served in tulip glasses for full price

gcubed

Will do. Speakeasy does the food truck thing at their taproom here in SF, as well.

Have you heard anything about Faction Brewing over in Alameda? A friend of mine pointed it out. It's also conveniently located right next to St George's Spirits.

i have not, will have to check it out. I want to go to Black Diamond in Concord and waiting for Moonlight to finally open their taproom. I love beer, I built my own system and used to brew before I moved out here and now I have no room, so now i just drink whatever I can find.

Have you heard anything about Faction Brewing over in Alameda? A friend of mine pointed it out. It's also conveniently located right next to St George's Spirits.

I went over to Faction and St Georges a few weeks back. I wasn't very impressed by Faction's offerings, but they plan on expanding into their huge space. At least over at St George theres a proper tasting room. I saw that they had a few barrels of B&E which they have filled with an IPA and their Stout. That should prove to be very interesting when those two come of age. Still love going to St George and tasting all of their beautiful spirits.

gcubed if you like brewing and have done it before there are "kitchens" you can rent out by the day which would allow you to create your beer. I haven't looked much into it, but there are a few on the eastbay that I know are setup for beer production. I've been thinking about getting into making my own beer as of late since some of the stuff I love has been hard to find. I'm ready I've got the starter yeasts which I've extracted from the beers I like in order to create a clone. I just haven't had the time to invest to completing a batch.

The local Wholefoods here in cupertino actually sells brewing supplies. They even have a catalog of hops and different ingredients that you can order from if they don't have what you're looking for. As well they have a list of all of the clones you could create with all of their ingredients that are in store. Their beer guru Keegan teaches a monthly beer class that I've gone to a few times. They get some wicked stuff that can't be found locally around these parts. And the cool thing is you get to go home with homework. A custom made 6 pack with all of the beers they've dissected and talked about during the class. Some have even included custom homemade clones to die for.

I love beer :(

gcubed

Hmmmm I'll have to look into them, any recommendation?

I'd be interested to see if they have a full setup, I've done it for over 10 years but I've only been out here for 4 months so I'm still exploring local beers for now. I've hit the biggies on vacations over the last few years (mostly up north) so looking at small ones I've never heard of back east.

Just got internet today and we're already having issues. XFINITY is not showing up on my brothers TV (through his PS3), and half the channels they said we'd get are locked. Turns out we got Blast! even though we very clearly got the upgraded package.

lol i said package

My family uses U-Verse.

I'm happy with it despite all the useless shopping channels. Our internet is fine as it's mostly me using it anyways. Bill is pretty reasonable only because my mom used to work for AT&T.

yeah, but the sound was fucking awful. so echo-y and muddy you could barely make out any part of any song. ridiculous.. on the other hand he ended at like 1:30 so I made it to 1015 for Ookay who was awesome

AcridMeat

Banned
Yeah unfortunately a lot of venues just pump up bass and don't do much else for the performers I've found. 1015 was pretty good for the Cut Chemist party, but I was up in the balcony for most of it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just had a small 2.9 earthquake hit a few miles away. Normally you wouldn't really feel something that low unless you were right next to it, which was the case here. House shook for a few seconds like a large big rig had rumbled by on the highway, looked around for a few seconds before thinking "ah...earthquake" and went to refresh the USGS quake site until it showed up on the list.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Wow, you guys actually do meet ups? That's awesome how often. I've been out of the bay this month for the holidays. I'll be back in a week or two.

To follow up on the Tokyo GF coming to SF. She absolutely loved it. She's trying to move there now. :)

I would have had I known he was going to be here... I hate not knowing these things. They never advertise on anything I pay attention to. Anyone know of a great resource for events going on in the bay area so I don't miss another concert?

Install Bandsintown on your phone, sync it with your FB and Spotify and there you go.

v1lla21

So I was walking to The Tech here in San Jose for the Star Wars Exhibition and as I was walking across the park I saw people dressed as animals in a circle. I decided to see what was going on so I got closer and saw that they were annoying a man talking about the bible.

The exhibition is kinda small but it was cool. There are little games to try out. I'm going again next month because my girlfriend liked it.

Here's two pics that I took.
Efvzx9N.jpg

VJybFYt.jpg

Install Bandsintown on your phone, sync it with your FB and Spotify and there you go.

Whoa, thank you so much! Thank you also to thezerofire for the website recommendations.

Hmm trying to decide between Steve Aoki at the civic in SJ or The M Machine at 1015 in SF. Maybe I should just see both, they are very different venues. I'm also gonna go hit up Kyary Pamyu Pamyu for the hell of it.

Anyone hit up the new Sierra Nevada Torpedo room in Berkeley? I've been meaning to get over there and check it out. Doesn't seem to be much near it though, which kinda bums me out.

Whoa, thank you so much! Thank you also to thezerofire for the website recommendations.

Hmm trying to decide between Steve Aoki at the civic in SJ or The M Machine at 1015 in SF. Maybe I should just see both, they are very different venues. I'm also gonna go hit up Kyary Pamyu Pamyu for the hell of it.

Anyone hit up the new Sierra Nevada Torpedo room in Berkeley? I've been meaning to get over there and check it out. Doesn't seem to be much near it though, which kinda bums me out.
I'll probably be at M Machine

oh and Nosaj Thing tomorrow night

I forgot about that. I think I need to pass this time. My ears are still trashed, so I'm going to take a break from shows for a while. :(

...until Skinny Puppy in March.
I have a pair of sound preserving earplugs if you want to use them, I got them for shows but haven't really used them

AcridMeat

Banned
I have a pair of sound preserving earplugs if you want to use them, I got them for shows but haven't really used them
I've been wearing earplugs for the last 6 months. I have finicky ears, I bought some sound preserving ones that I think ended up being too small because they didn't do anything at all. I've been shoving the cheap foam ones but those aren't great either. Which ones do you have?

I've been wearing earplugs for the last 6 months. I have finicky ears, I bought some sound preserving ones that I think ended up being too small because they didn't do anything at all. I've been shoving the cheap foam ones but those aren't great either. Which ones do you have?
I think I have these, but in white. Large size.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0044DEESS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

also I'm pretty sure I need standard size, they're a bit uncomfortable

butzopower

proud of his butz
Those are the ones I had for MBV, worked out pretty well. I'll be at Prefuse 73 / Nosaj Thing tomorrow night. Also going to Four Tet in March.

AcridMeat

Banned
Thought FaltyDL/Prefuse 73/Nosaj Thing were just ok. I like listening to their music but it didn't really seem to translate that well live
I had a feeling that might be the case. Anyone interested in going to Com Truise next month and/or Tycho in March, or Skinny Puppy? Tons of good stuff the next couple months.

AcridMeat

Banned
Interested in the first two, kind of intimidated by the last
Ha keep in touch. I'm interested in it for the crowd as much as the music. I have a good idea of what the crowd will look like at Truise and Tycho but am curious if Skinny Puppy attracts only old people or if the recent CDs have reached the youths.

So, after living in Redwood Shores for a few weeks now, I've decided that I like the lake that I walk my dog next to. I like the river houses. I like the smell.

I want a fucking Krispy Kreme but it is 2:13am.

I also want that damn new burger at Umami.

MY OLD APARTMENT HAD A FREE SHUTTLE.

gcubed

So, after living in Redwood Shores for a few weeks now, I've decided that I like the lake that I walk my dog next to. I like the river houses. I like the smell.

I want a fucking Krispy Kreme but it is 2:13am.

I also want that damn new burger at Umami.

MY OLD APARTMENT HAD A FREE SHUTTLE.

Your old apartment needed a free shuttle because it was in a town devoid of life

Nelo Ice

Banned
Anyone else go to the Pillow fight tonight? Had a great time and I also had Sushiritto for the first time. That sumo crunch was delicious!.

Top Bottom