• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter project by Harebrained Schemes [Ended, $1.8M funded]

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
Not worried at all. Hopefully things pan out well and we'll see more FASA stuff down the road.

After playing some Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 and how the kill shots work I got to thinking about how Renegade Legion: Interceptor would work really well with such damage modeling. Seeing a visual of how the damage rips thru the ship. Renegade Legion has intresting damage overlays in the boardgame version and it would probably work well in a video game version done in the style of Ghost Warrior 2.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
The last 48 hours are the most intense. I wouldn't worry just yet. If we're still far away at 24 hours left, then there's a problem.

That's highly dependent on the kickstarter, some will get a boost, others not so much. It would be great if it gets a big push at the end and hits 2 mil, and they unveil some new info as a result.

This goal is kind of lackluster, once again though, imo. I hope it does reach 2 mil.

What else could they really have added? They've already said they weren't really going to add major new gameplay features or anything. The most they could do is promise expanded content.
Anyway this is huge for me. Physical adepts was the one thing that was missing for me for this game.

Unicorn

Has it been detailed how true this game will be to pen and paper roots? I haven't played an RPG like that in a loooong time.

Before I pledge, I guess I wanna make sure I'm really getting a PnP RPG and not really an action oriented RPG, if that makes sense.

mudkyp

Has it been detailed how true this game will be to pen and paper roots? I haven't played an RPG like that in a loooong time.

Before I pledge, I guess I wanna make sure I'm really getting a PnP RPG and not really an action oriented RPG, if that makes sense.

They said it's going to be a turn based rpg in the vein of the old X-Com games.

Stage On

I'm debating on throwing $15 in or not. Looks pretty good but I just had to replace my laptop so I'm not really sure I should splurge more money at the moment.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Am I the only one who things they've been intentionally trying to constrain how much money they receive? The additional content since the second city was added have been no where near as expansive. Why not a third city instead of a special mission or an extra class? Why not extra classes?
Just hit 1.6 mil. Wonder if 2m is possible....
It's on track to barely pass $1.75 mil do don't get your hopes up.

mclem

It's on track to barely pass $1.75 mil do don't get your hopes up.

My prediction for the final 24 hours of Wasteland was about right, so my prediction for the final 24 hours of Shadowrun will be... $150k.

Edit: Wait, I was basing that on incorrect information. $180k.

(If someone could nab a screengrab with 24 hours to go - It'll be early in the morning for me - I'd like to see how wrong I end up!)

I'm debating on throwing $15 in or not. Looks pretty good but I just had to replace my laptop so I'm not really sure I should splurge more money at the moment.

$15 is pretty negligible in this day and age. Plus, it will probably cost $20-30 upon release. So, I would splurge now, save later.

Blackheim

Minor update posted, looks to be the last one before the final bell rings. Just some of the dev team + friends going over what Shadowrun means to them, yadda. They all seem to care and appreciate it so I imagine we should get a very nice game out of it :) I finally forked over $125 their way.

My prediction for the final 24 hours of Wasteland was about right, so my prediction for the final 24 hours of Shadowrun will be... $150k.

Edit: Wait, I was basing that on incorrect information. $180k.

(If someone could nab a screengrab with 24 hours to go - It'll be early in the morning for me - I'd like to see how wrong I end up!)

No screencap from me, but:

Backers
$1,687,785
pledged of $400,000 goal
hours to go

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I think we're there. I don't think Paypal is reflected in the running Kickstarter total.

They just put up one last update. Wondering if they can get to 2 million in the last 15 hours. It's not going to happen, but they have crossed 1.75 easily now.

That exclusive backer content aside, which was fixed quickly, this has been hands down the best managed Kickstarter in my opinion. A lot of it comes down to the passion that Jordan has shown in his videos. I really hope this turns into something special.

I'd like to point out that they said they need 233k to get to 2mil, yet on the KS page they are only at 1.721. This means they have about 45k or so in PayPal.

Unicorn

Dropped $60 (plus 5 for intl. shipping).

Hoping that that Xcom gameplay is mixed with a ton of options via spells, skills, and tactics. The idea of a chess game where the pieces are upgradable and customizable is my dream strategy game.

New Update:

There's some cool tweeting going on out there! Wil Wheaton gave us a shout out and we see folks tweeting Felicia Day, Nathan Fillion and Ice-T too.

Anyone contacted Jimmy Fallon yet? Jordan should do a happy dance on his show. (Jordan is at the park with his dogs and doesn't know we're posting this, BTW. He also can't dance.)

With just 12 hours left to go, we thought you'd want to know two important pieces of information:

1. Our PayPal Backers total is at $52,969 as of this Update

2. We're going to post our final Kickstarter update video at12:30am PST

Hopefully, the Wil Wheaton bump happens. He has quite the following.

Also, I'm looking forward to their final update; I expect some tears... and a surprise thank-you.

I half expect their final update to be them all huddled around, shooting the shit in general and giving thanks, while running a P&P game session of it---at least that'd be nifty and appropriate all considered.

Agreed on this being one of the better managed examples yet despite the shortcomings alongside the likes of Banner Saga.

Hell, if only geography and various other inconvenient facts of ownership and such were not a thing, I'd like to think seeing the success of a "niche" P&P entity like Shadowrun compared to the likes of D&D would stir up folks at the other comparable projects/outfits, like The Dark Eye, to also take a crack at a pitch and get in on the reasonably budgeted action.

Top Bottom