• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowrun Returns |OT| Never, ever cut a deal with a dragon.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
LOL, they are looking into it though:

97z4hzI.png

http://steamcommunity.com/app/234650/discussions/0/864974276797416818/#c864974276805976159

too late, will wait for 125% discount

Xater

Really enjoying this so far but the checkpoint system has to go. I can already tell by some of the comments here that it can be frustrating if I would play on higher difficulty levels.

I'm about an hour into it and I'm enjoying it so far.

Someone hurry up and recreate SNES version!

The checkpoint system is lame, but whatever.

There is already someone doing that.

Also enjoyed my meeting with Jake Armitage.

Labadal

I've played it for 90 minutes and I've got to say I'm happy with the $15 I pledged. The writing has been good so far and I like the visuals. Combat is also good so far, but I've only been in a few fights. Going all out melee with my troll and I have to make sure I have the proper back up to not get destroyed before I reach my targets.

As I said, I'm enjoying it, but the design choices I was not happy about will be in the back of my head for the entire game. I still find it annoying to not be able to save my game whenever I want and the lack of proper loot from fallen enemies is a personal disappointment.

One thing I'm conflicted about is the GUI during combat. I'd like more info on things, but on the other hand, it looks clean and simple and doesn't take too much screen space.

It'll be really interesting to see how my feelings about the game are once I complete it, but I already know how I feel about some of the things in the game and that won't change.

wwm0nkey

I've played it for 90 minutes and I've got to say I'm happy with the $15 I pledged. The writing has been good so far and I like the visuals. Combat is also good so far, but I've only been in a few fights. Going all out melee with my troll and I have to make sure I have the proper back up to not get destroyed before I reach my targets.

As I said, I'm enjoying it, but the design choices I was not happy about will be in the back of my head for the entire game. I still find it annoying to not be able to save my game whenever I want and the lack of proper loot from fallen enemies is a personal disappointment.

One thing I'm conflicted about is the GUI during combat. I'd like more info on things, but on the other hand, it looks clean and simple and doesn't take too much screen space.

It'll be really interesting to see how my feelings about the game are once I complete it, but I already know how I feel about some of the things in the game and that won't change.

Well custom campaigns can add loot now so that is a plus.

Carcetti

Is there a proper gear/skill/cyber/whatever list or a manual online yet? It's been 20 years since I played Shadowrun so it's not like I feel like I can actually make informed choices at character creation here...

Labadal

Is there a proper gear/skill/cyber/whatever list or a manual online yet? It's been 20 years since I played Shadowrun so it's not like I feel like I can actually make informed choices at character creation here...

I've never played a Shadowrun P&P game and am just rolling with it. I don't think you can go wrong if you read the instructions/tutorial available in the game. (I haven't done that.)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Nice to see that your equipment changes the look of your character model. I picked up a new armor suit and a cybernetic arm and they both changed my appearance.

I've only played it for about an hour so far, but I'm really enjoying it as a big fan of the Shadowrun universe. Definitely worth the 15$ I backed it with. Genesis Shadowrun is one of my all time favorite games, nice returning to this world. The saving system does seem like it might be an issue, haven't played enough to run into it though. I guess it will depend how far apart the autosaves are. The audio stuttering when stuff is loading is annoying too, hope they can fix that with a patch.

I'm most excited for the steam workshop/mod support. I didn't give it much thought before but seeing how it's laid out in the game, I'm getting heavy NWN vibes. Hopefully we'll see some good player made adventures, NWN had a ton.

Blizzard

Banned
Besides checkpoints, one issue I am having is accidentally clicking the wrong place on the map. I intended to switch to another team member, but instead I would waste an action point walking out into the open. It would be nice if there was an undo or confirm action option. In theory I should be able to just be more careful, but I guess that will make battles last even longer. =P

Sinatar

Besides checkpoints, one issue I am having is accidentally clicking the wrong place on the map. I intended to switch to another team member, but instead I would waste an action point walking out into the open. It would be nice if there was an undo or confirm action option. In theory I should be able to just be more careful, but I guess that will make battles last even longer. =P

In the options there is one for "double click" this forces you to click twice to confirm an action in combat.

Terra_Ex

Liking what I've played of this so far, art is decent and the writing has more flair than what has become the norm of late. Will definitely be messing around with the editor when I'm done with the campaign.

Blizzard

Banned
In the options there is one for "double click" this forces you to click twice to confirm an action in combat.
Ah, I was thinking it might be the opposite, thanks!

What does it mean when a white crosshair appear on the map? I saw about 5 of them before moving in combat.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Really enjoying this so far but the checkpoint system has to go. I can already tell by some of the comments here that it can be frustrating if I would play on higher difficulty levels.

There is already someone doing that.

Also enjoyed my meeting with Jake Armitage.

Of course, but it isn't finished, obviously. =p

hausaffe

Banned
yeahwell32bbe.jpg

all others have 9 int, except the orc, he goes with 8. but yeah there is no proof anywhere to be found regarding the int of the troll.

Blizzard

Banned
What does it mean when a white crosshair appear on the map? I saw about 5 of them before moving in combat.
Here, I made a screenshot. What do the crosshairs mean?

*edit* I was wrong, the stat screen doesn't seem to tell you your total HP anywhere, just your current HP.

I'm also now getting the audio stutter occasionally, especially when loading a model, weird. And I wonder why the character model isn't cached all the time. It has to load every time you open the PDA screen.

Seems pretty decent so far but isn't very hard even on the hardest difficulty. I also went full decker so I have like no combat abilities. I just run around while my other guy crits and kills people in one or 2 shots.

Granted, I've only been in like 4 fights.

Dennis

Banned
I am liking it a lot so far.

Choose to play on Hard difficulty. We will see if I regret it........

Elf mage by the way.

Zeliard

I don't remember a difficulty selection screen, so I'm not sure what difficulty I'm playing on lol.

The difficulty is changed in the options menu. It strangely doesn't prompt you for it when you start a new game. If you never changed it in the options you're on Normal difficulty.

chifanpoe

Made a Human Decker, really liking this game so far.

I do have to say though, with 6 INT and Decking at 5 and ESP Control at 2, I would have hoped my personal computer in my apartment would not be broken.

Yeah, if they can't add manual saves for whatever reason, autosaving should happen more often, like after every combat encounter at least.

Sinatar

I don't remember a difficulty selection screen, so I'm not sure what difficulty I'm playing on lol.

It doesn't ask you when you start the game you need to set it in the options, it defaults to normal (second of 4 difficulties).

Yeah, if they can't add manual saves for whatever reason, autosaving should happen more often, like after every combat encounter at least.

There should be two autosaves: one at the start of a mission, so you can restart from the beginning, if need be; one after you finish an encounter within a mission.

Tenrius

It doesn't ask you when you start the game you need to set it in the options, it defaults to normal (second of 4 difficulties).

Yeah, I figured something like that, but I might have gone to the options, changed it and forgotten it afterwards. It's likely still on normal of course.

Got a new outfit and my elf decker now looks more like a surfer girl:

Made a Human Decker, really liking this game so far.

I do have to say though, with 6 INT and Decking at 5 and ESP Control at 2, I would have hoped my personal computer in my apartment would not be broken.

I didn't even get to check it out, because I used the vidphone first.

Top Bottom