• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

batbeg

That episode had some tearkjerking moments. I don't prefer the new emphasis on this season (aka the character development season?) but I don't mind it either considering how much I love the characters, and love watching Sherlock grow. In the beginning of the episode I kind of said "ugh again with this crap, no return to form?" but by the end of it I'd had some tear welling several times and was like "that'll do pig, that'll do."

That's interesting! I assume they staggered it for Martin and Ben's schedules?

Yep. What's funny is that Three was shot in April while Vow was shot in August so you can see that there's a fairly large gap to accommodate their schedules, as well as the other cast members to do their things as well.

Though the wait is long, everything is still treated with care because they all know how much these characters are beloved.

good episode..... I would have appreciated it more if it wasn't that now, we are down to the last episode of this season and the first 2 were a bit "wasted" on fan service and comedy.

I mean I liked these two first episodes but now I want something more epic, on the level of Moriarty or Irene

Can't believe it is already almost finished. The 4th season better come sooner than what the 3rd did (other 2 years ? no way)

Poor Lestrade. His facial expression is priceless.

He had all the best expressions in this ep. From his temper tantrum (I was laughing, some of my friends got turned on by it lol) to all the range of emotions throughout the episode.

Still my faves are these two (despite how miserable he looks):

tumblr_myycv0Mu1R1qzcakzo1_500.jpg

tumblr_myycv0Mu1R1qzcakzo2_500.jpg

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I was annoyed when he hit Donovan with the car door. How rude! We need more Donovan in the show. There isn't enough eye candy for heterosexual men in this haha.

Batigol

Banned
Is this the last season? Last episode was odd

I don't see the point in adding this whole family arc to Watson. It's just going to detract us from more stuff with Sherlock.

Can't be the only person who doesn't care about Watson's wife. I just want to see more adventures with them two

I was annoyed when he hit Donovan with the car door. How rude! We need more Donovan in the show. There isn't enough eye candy for heterosexual men in this haha.

Considering she watched him spend like several minutes kicking his own car... She knew he was having a temper tantrum and probably let it slide. He probably did apologize to her anyways for doing that.

Demon Ice

Banned

Wait really? You're the first person I've heard of liking her. She gets on my nerves almost immediately.

Molly Hooper though...yum

LudwigB

I really enjoyed the last episode, the speech had me in stitches. I hope the next episode would include more detective work, though.

I really enjoyed the last episode, the speech had me in stitches. I hope the next episode would include more detective work, though.

yeah. These 2 episode were good and nobody would have complained about them if they were 2 episodes of a season of 10 episodes.... but instead they were 2/3 of the season

AkuMifune

Banned
I feel like part of it is in both episodes the mystery is incredibly sidelined, and winds up just being "These random events are actually a big web that Sherlock puzzles out in the last few minutes". It gives an unsatisfying air to the rest of the episode. I think its wholly possible to have a decent enough mystery in the background while also providing a lighter comedic tone and exploring the characters. That was Dirk Gently's bread and butter and it pulled it off for four entire episodes.

This post led me to check out Dirk Gently, and I just watched the first episode. Really well done. Thanks!

After going through all of Wire in the Blood and Cracker recently I need a bit of comedy in my mystery.

I thought the latest episode was rubbish.

I honestly thought they were going to tie that gang (that Lestrade couldn't pin down) into the episode but it ended up being largely pointless.

Batigol

Banned
I hope Mary is killed off in all honesty. Then that whole episode can be a mystery into who killed her. Then it turns out no one cares 'cause she's rubbish

UrbanRats

I like Mary, however she does feel like the third wheel, and while it works in this particular arc they created, she would end up feeling out of place in the long run.

Blader

Solid episode, thought it dragged on for a while but the last half hour was pretty great.

good episode..... I would have appreciated it more if it wasn't that now, we are down to the last episode of this season and the first 2 were a bit "wasted" on fan service and comedy.

I mean I liked these two first episodes but now I want something more epic, on the level of Moriarty or Irene

This is how I feel too. Not that I mind the focus on character development, but I miss the cases and grand scale of the past two series' - particularly S2, with Moriarty and Irene - and this feels almost too low-key as a follow-up. I'm not sure what this series is building to but hopefully it finishes strong.

So, has this itunes preview for the last track of the Series 3 OST (click the picture) been posted/mentioned yet?

I seriously hope it's a reflection of the tone the last episode will have. Spoiler warning, I guess?
I've loved the last 2 episodes, but I'm really secretly hoping the last one will emotionally destroy me

sAhoGpE.gif

Just discussing the music, no actual spoilers.
Though there is a bit of a hopeful note in there...somewhere...maybe I am projecting. Oh god.
\

Something from tumblr you all might find amusing:

tumblr_myya3hZNZc1qafpubo2_500.gif

The look on his face here is 'I'm too drunk for this, shit.'

Also, Lestrade was like, clinging to Molly the whole damned wedding.

...I am nearly shipping it. Help.

Something from tumblr you all might find amusing:

tumblr_myya3hZNZc1qafpubo2_500.gif

The look on his face here is 'I'm too drunk for this, shit.'

Also, Lestrade was like, clinging to Molly the whole damned wedding.

...I am nearly shipping it. Help.

Told you all he had the best facial expressions.

And Fiction, just for you.

tumblr_myz3gj93jr1rau9y7o4_250.gif

Top Bottom