• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

That's beautiful.

Also, something for the thread: Some people on tumblr are freaking out about Sherlock possibly being back on drugs. Their evidence being his fidgeting. Someone else proposed a different theory.

What say you?

I say PTSD :p

I have to say... Greg's got the fashion walk down to a science though I love that he and Sally strut in sync.

As for Sherlock... it's probably psychosemantic from said drug use, so yeah, PTSD could fit.

I have to say... Greg's got the fashion walk down to a science though I love that he and Sally strut in sync.

As for Sherlock... it's probably psychosemantic from said drug use, so yeah, PTSD could fit.

Her smile is glorious.

And yeah, I vote PTSD too because of, ya know, the torture and all. And that was only a little bit of what he went through during those two years. He's obviously been affected enough to change, we've seen it, so PTSD or something isn't that unlikely.

fireside

That's beautiful.

Also, something for the thread: Some people on tumblr are freaking out about Sherlock possibly being back on drugs. Their evidence being his fidgeting. Someone else proposed a different theory.

What say you?

I say PTSD :p

Sherlock was surprised at figuring out that the mayfly man was at the wedding so he accidentally dropped his glass

His right hand hurt because he was just banging on the door with it

It was cold outside and he wasn't wearing gloves

Sherlock was surprised at figuring out that the mayfly man was at the wedding so he accidentally dropped his glass

His right hand hurt because he was just banging on the door with it

It was cold outside and he wasn't wearing gloves

Yeah yeah, take all the fun out of it :p

I loved Molly's reaction to both theories.

1) Dwarf? She was amused.

2) Meat Dagger? She was so not amused.

So great.
tumblr_myyd2avtuD1r3nwdio1_250.gif

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Molly and Sherlock's scene was great. Sherlock's hedging his bet on the boyfriend's name was great as was "and we're having quite a lot of sex".

It's over next episode. Then I have to wait for S4.

Any big idea's who the S4 villian will be?

How would people feel if they started using more of sherlock's expanding universe. The concept of Sherrinford Holmes was always interesting to me.

Konka

Banned

How would people feel if they started using more of sherlock's expanding universe. The concept of Sherrinford Holmes was always interesting to me.

They should troll all the fans and base S4 off A Study in Scarlet PII: The Country of the Saints.

Molly and Sherlock's scene was great. Sherlock's hedging his bet on the boyfriend's name was great as was "and we're having quite a lot of sex".

Funny enough, I actually hated the sex line. I'm far from being prudish or anything, but it seemed more petty than showing how she's moved on.

Feran

If they introduced Sherrinford and made him the youngest brother instead of the eldest I think the fandom would explode.

If they introduced Sherrinford and made him the youngest brother instead of the eldest I think the fandom would explode.

It could be awesome but an older brother back on an estate would be cool to see. I think introducing mom and pop kind of negates the estate and the older brother aspects though.

His mother and father seemed rather common not very stately.

A younger brother who was smarter than both and more of a show off but affected more so than sherlock and mycroft would be cool to see.

Or go the complete other way. Have him well grounded but still smart.

Funny enough, I actually hated the sex line. I'm far from being prudish or anything, but it seemed more petty than showing how she's moved on.

I think that line made it stand out that she hadn't moved on though. She's trying to show how "happy" she is... grasping at a way to do that genuinely but failing miserably.

I think that line made it stand out that she hadn't moved on though. She's trying to show how "happy" she is... grasping at a way to do that genuinely but failing miserably.

I get that but it stuck out in a really bad way for me. She had so many great one-liners but I really actually hated that one.

Of course in my head, she hates Tom, is cool with Sherlock and is as miserable as Greg was at the wedding. Hence why those two were in such closer proximity than her & Tom at the table... :p

Toa TAK

Banned
Another awesome episode.

The humor has been top notch these two episodes. I feel like there's a great balance of character building and mystery solving that doesn't drag on or get a bit boring (as I felt during season 1 and a bit during season 2).

Score has been getting better each season, too.

Zen

Banned
Her smile is glorious.

And yeah, I vote PTSD too because of, ya know, the torture and all. And that was only a little bit of what he went through during those two years. He's obviously been affected enough to change, we've seen it, so PTSD or something isn't that unlikely.

Not to downplay the torture, but was he really tortured for that long? We see him getting captured and it doesn't imply a massive time lapse. It seemed like an orchestrated plan by Mycroft to capture Holmes and get him back into London. I don't think there was an implication that he had things especially rough while dismantling the network.

Not to downplay the torture, but was he really tortured for that long? We see him getting captured and it doesn't imply a massive time lapse. It seemed like an orchestrated plan by Mycroft to capture Holmes and get him back into London. I don't think there was an implication that he had things especially rough while dismantling the network.

Well, there was one statement that made me think he'd been for awhile. "We'll let you sleep."

So he was being sleep deprived at the least.

And Mycroft said it was difficult to infiltrate their organization, so I assumed that it'd taken a least a week after he found out (if he didn't orchestrate it as you said)

As for it not being particular rough, I don't see how Sherlock could have changed so dramatically if he hadn't been through something, ya know? He didn't suddenly start worrying about what other people think just because he missed London and John.

Quick

Banned
Finally got to watch it.

Brilliant episode. I like how disjointed and silly it was, reaching to a very serious ending.

With the silliness and overall lighter tone of this season, I have a feeling the finale is going to be grim.

duckroll

This new season of Sherlock has been surprising me in some ways. It's a very different tone than what the series was when it started. There's still all the wit and sarcasm from the characters, and the general dysfunctional nature of the relationships between Sherlock and everyone else (it's even stranger now with Mary in the picture), but this time round it feels like the mysteries and the cases took a serious backseat to the characters. More like a framework to have something interesting happening while also putting the characters in a situations where they are forced to talk with and about each other.

Both episodes (it's so weird to think of them as "episodes" when they're really more like TV movies) so far have been about Sherlock trying to better understand who he is and who the people are around him. While so much of the format feels familiar, the actual narrative flow and dialogue has taken a very different turn and it's strange but yet pretty satisfying. It kinda feels like... Sherlock is finally... growing up? His speech about John was really, really good stuff.

Definitely looking forward to how they close the season off on Sunday. I'm actually hoping it is sort of conclusive this time, instead of having cheap hooks into the next season. The show is popular enough now that I don't think they really need that anymore.

GCX

I'm really happy that the writers aren't afraid to try new things and differ from the "mystery of the week" formula. It would be the easiest thing to do and would probably satisfy most of the fanbase. To me it's a sign of a great show that the creators aren't afraid to surprise and shake up the format even though it might not please everyone.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm really happy that the writers aren't afraid to try new things and differ from the "mystery of the week" formula. It would be the easiest thing to do and would probably satisfy most of the fanbase. To me it's a sign of a great show that the creators aren't afraid to surprise and shake up the format even though it might not please everyone.

I think the easiest way to please most of the fanbase at this point is to have Sherlock and John stand around telling each other how pretty they are with secondary characters randomly pairing up in the background.

Alienous

I get that but it stuck out in a really bad way for me. She had so many great one-liners but I really actually hated that one.

Of course in my head, she hates Tom, is cool with Sherlock and is as miserable as Greg was at the wedding. Hence why those two were in such closer proximity than her & Tom at the table... :p

Thinking about it, it's weird.

It implies that's primarily what Molly would want from Sherlock.

I can't even think why she'd say that above 'we're happy'. Maybe it was more of a "look how normal the relationship is" thing.

But yeah, it seemed out of place to me also.

mclem

I think that's possibly the point. Asserting that out of the blue sounds a bit like she's almost trying to convince *herself* she's happy by fixating on Something That Couples Who Love Each Other Do.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
man that episode was fantastic. really funny.

mclem

As a little "Hey, it's that actress", for Doctor Who fans.

Foon, from Voyage of the Damned:

MMdwCpQ.jpg

Vicky, from Sign of Three

KswXrSJ.jpg

(Debbie Chazen)

(She survived cancer, that accounts for the weight loss)

Anyone in the US with Apple TV, the PBS channel on there has a cool 60 minute behind the scenes feature, talking about the historical characters, with Moffat and Gatiss talking about how they've adapted them.

Anyone in the US with Apple TV, the PBS channel on there has a cool 60 minute behind the scenes feature, talking about the historical characters, with Moffat and Gatiss talking about how they've adapted them.

They're (PBS) premiering Unlocking Sherlock on the 12th funny enough, which I suspect what the special is.

Why was Sherlock measuring John's alcohol tolerance again? I missed it.

tumblr_myykktmpcI1rmo7nno1_250.gif

Loved that both Mrs. Hudson & Greg were amused at these two being unable to handle their alcohol.

mclem

i'm a bit confused? what did they invisible killer have to do with the mayfly man?

They were the same person.

The bloody guardsman case was him perfecting his murder method.

The mayfly man case was him finding a way to get to his target.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
i'm a bit confused? what did they invisible killer have to do with the mayfly man?

They were the same person. He was dating those women in order to find out how to get to John's commander (They all worked for him - that was their secret). The 'invisible killing' was a practice run for the real thing.

3rdman

They were one and the same. The mayfly man (photographer) was using the various women he seduced for information that got him close to Sholto. His role as the "invisible killer" was how he chose to pull off the murder.

Edit: Beaten like a dead horse.

They're (PBS) premiering Unlocking Sherlock on the 12th funny enough, which I suspect what the special is.

Yep, that's exactly it. It's billed as a digital premiere, or something like that.

PS- I've been saying "Gah-tiss" with the short "a" for I don't know how long. I had no idea it was "Gay-tiss".

UrbanRats

I realized that one of my favorite characters in the show is Mycroft, but nobody here seems to give a shit about him!
And there was too little of him in this season.

Where the Mycroft gifs at?

They were the same person. He was dating those women in order to find out how to get to John's commander (They all worked for him - that was their secret). The 'invisible killing' was a practice run for the real thing.

but i thought sherlock already determined they never had the same employer? >_>

wetflame

Pizza Dog
In the interest of being especially nitpicky and hoping someone can offer an explanation that doesn't make the mystery seem quite so contrived, why does the photographer stalk the soldier, constantly taking photos of him? I'm assuming he already had the idea of what to do (hence targeting him as a trial run) so what does he have to gain from spending days taking photos of him other than raising suspicion? Also I thought it was weird that the woman with the "ghost boyfriend" used John's middle name when introducing him, it's something that literally no one would ever do.

but i thought sherlock already determined they never had the same employer? >_>

That was their "secret" that caused them all to log off suddenly. Although obviously it wasn't secret enough for them to not talk about him getting a wedding invitation from "John Hamish Watson" and confirming that he'd be there.

Top Bottom