• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

I just started this.

When doing the training exersises, Buroughs kept referring to collecting life stones. Was this a quest or something that I got automatically?

I fooled around in Ginza today and had a fun battle with a domain boss. I also advanced the main story, and was very pleased with the presentation of the entire Ginza quest. Finally, I found (well, fused) my first demon with the Null Physical skill, so I anticipate a very large number of fusions in my next play session.

Meanwhile, on the app side of things, I've decided to prioritize compendium price reductions over MP restoration. My MO to this point had been to pick strategically valuable upgrades (skill and stock expansions, skill augment, demolingual) over merely convenient ones, but given my likely schedule these next few weeks, if I have to run all over the map to re-recruit fusion fodder, I may not finish the game until September.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
An enemy gets extra turn if it hits one of your or your demon's weakness. Make sure you see which one is the demon provoking the extra turn so you can switch it with another demon.

That boss ain't got any elemental attacks, only nasty physical attacks that, if you are are seriously unlucky, can get a critical. No defense against that, at least not at that point of game.

So luck is a pretty major factor of that battle.

Not finding any ice users in this cave, not sure how I'm going to beat this boss. :(

Apsaras that are hanging around at 4th floor? The centaur thingy from the very first floor that you can fuse to create another stronger demon with bufu?

CSX

Why can't I hold all this luck :p

u17bYm3.jpg

Guess what two skills I keep spamming :D

Captured the Black Samurai.

WHAT A TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST.

Also fuck her and her dumb ass question. Tokyo is not like fucking Mikado. One is an underground shithole, the other isn't. Forced me to answer "I could never" despite that being the lawful option most likely.

Also is it worth fusing off my Black Frost? He repels and drains fire and ice. And is resistant to most everything else. His fusion options for good, but not as resistant.

Omoikane
in Camp Ichigaya is stomping me into the ground. I got him down to critical health with just my main character left alive and he uses Diarahan to heal himself for 4500 damage. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have many demons that resist or absorb Elec, and I'm not sure I can fuse any immediately.

Any suggestions on other ways to take him down?

Also, if I'm on my last target, and I decide to drop the quest (or just outright ignore it), and
go back to Tokyo
to continue the plot, can I come back and finish the quest where I left off?

Unfortunately no. If you abandon the quest, you'll have to start over when you accept it again.

Also fuck her and her dumb ass question. Tokyo is not like fucking Mikado. One is an underground shithole, the other isn't. Forced me to answer "I could never" despite that being the lawful option most likely.

Also is it worth fusing off my Black Frost? He repels and drains fire and ice. And is resistant to most everything else. His fusion options for good, but not as resistant.

There was another option in that scene, wasn't there? I remember saying, "I don't know."

Black Frost served me well. Plus you need him to fuse King Frost, who is also pretty good, and brings with him a very useful skill.

Vamphuntr

Hmmm anyone has a strategy to beat ENDGAME SIDE BOSS SPOILER
Beelzeebub
?

I think there must be a trick where his strategy changes depending on your party configuration or armor as some bosses in DDS2 did as he uses megidolaon X 3 and it's over. The first time he uses it it's fine as all my demons have endure and we have mediarahan but after that it's a total wipe out. I'm level 81 with the demons around that level. I tried using the doping spell but it's not enough to withstand megidolaon X 3. I have debilitate and Luster Candy too.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Almost fell asleep while playing, got woken up by burroughs saying "you look great when standing still master"

( ・ ー・ ) who wrote this AI

Riposte

I quit and reloaded until this one fight didn't start with a party member dying (thus making the fight too difficult to be worth it). This game is dumb lol.

EDIT: It was the
Ose fight
for the fourth terminal.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm really depressed I can't keep playing this game, I literally just hit the 40 hour mark right after the Ring of Gaea/Ginza stuff, and my XL bricked.

2 weeks (minimum) without being able to sate my obsession. I just got the $30 too. I guess I need to go buy Last of Us.

PK Gaming

Late game challenge quests help

I've landed myself in "wasteland tokyo" or w/e its called and there are still a few challenge quests that need completing. For starters, the game wants me to slay a demon in Ikebukuro... how do I get to Ikebukuro, the terminal only takes me to Shibuya. There's also a quest involving the DDF and a cannon. Where do I take the cannon

Reposting because I still suck :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Next couple bosses are gonna be hard as fuck, although not impossible.
I just finished that part as well, I think the same level also. Probably should do some quests & such in order to level up. I got lucky with the previous boss, as I was down to my last hit/just MC, but thankfully, I was able to defeat it.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I'm really depressed I can't keep playing this game, I literally just hit the 40 hour mark right after the Ring of Gaea/Ginza stuff, and my XL bricked.

2 weeks (minimum) without being able to sate my obsession. I just got the $30 too. I guess I need to go buy Last of Us.

That sucks man. Stay away from the thread so you don't spoil yourself!

Does anyone have a recommendation for what level my team should be the "Dance of the Dead" challenge quest?

Also, if I'm on my last target, and I decide to drop the quest (or just outright ignore it), and
go back to Tokyo
to continue the plot, can I come back and finish the quest where I left off?

I was 13 when I did it. But I had to be careful to get the 1st strike and heal at the barracks pretty often. Given your advancent you should be fine.

Bogeypop

Energy Drain and Mediarahan.

Y he no have Megidoplasma? Then it'd be that skill and Energy Drain. Shin Megami Tensei IV [OT] Pay to Megidoplasma
BELIEVE

Whoa! Just had a fight where Reinforcements arrived four times, anyone else get any crazy number of reinforcements?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

I view that as something like,
living in Tokyo, can you handle all the difficulties it can impose?

Me being a badass dude I am, hahaha, I say "Of course! Piece of cake."

But I didn't not know. I knew for a fact.

Black Frost served me well. Plus you need him to fuse King Frost, who is also pretty good, and brings with him a very useful skill.

How to fuse a Black Frost? I get the one that looks like its wearing superhero costume, but haven't gotten a Black Frost.

brinstar

oh my god, post-Ginza spoilers

I'm on the
Ethics Trial, final question
and I'm just staring at my 3DS screen, I can't make a decision...

Bad7667

Does anyone know what happens to the $30 credit if when I bought fire emblem, my Nintendo club account wasn't linked to my 3DS?

I've only played persona 4 golden but with the credit I would like to get SMT IV and give it a shot.

Thanks!

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Does anyone know what happens to the $30 credit if when I bought fire emblem, my Nintendo club account wasn't linked to my 3DS?

I've only played persona 4 golden but with the credit I would like to get SMT IV and give it a shot.

Thanks!

You got FE digitally?

I think he's weak to Force.

Thanks. I sure wish I had access to Media. I thought for sure I was going to soon face demons with Diarahan and the second level of media so I think I didnt pass that skill to anyone via fusion. I was wrong. :(

edit: Won with only one bead chain used.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Story is interesting the whole swords and knights that leads into
what looks like modern days stuff, but the city is underground?
early on in the game. Not sure what to make of it.

What is this? I've heard at least one other person getting this issue. Is it something with the game that breaks the system? :/

Sounds like a pretty major issue, even if it is a rarity.

The virtual battle theme is GODLIKE. That surely is a SNES remix, right? With those soft organ-synths...

I also like the puzzle-like concept of those challenges. I've played a handful of SMT titles but never quite fully grasped the whole depth of those battles, so this is a welcome addition.

Oh, and a restart/retry button would have been nice. Oh well.

Yeah I loved them too.
9 and 10 are outright bullshit though, the solutions are so arbitrary.

Top Bottom