• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

After you complete the main objective in Ikubekuro, you can return to the Shinjuku terminal and go to the bar area where you can heal up for 100. There will be a guy who will go "wanna hear what people are saying about you?"

Hot-blooded = chaos

Polite = law

Hard to read = neutral

Polite is law you say? Time to be a dick to everyone until the guy says so

For me, personally, it's because I tend to role-play the main character as myself. And I think the philosophies typically displayed by Chaos and Law are just outright dumb. So I prefer to go Neutral if possible.

Heh. I do the same thing generally, leaning a bit towards Law until it jumps the shark (which it does in EVERY game).

Polite is law you say? Time to be a dick to everyone until the guy says so

Well polite options in this game aren't necessarily lawful. Lawful people can be such dicks in SMT.

PK Gaming

Oh my god, I love (late game spoilers)

The "demon" version of Toyko. So much fun!

Haven't gotten there yet, but what are Judgement Light and Die for Me? The third tier of Hama/Mudo?

Basically, yeah. They cost 45 MP and have a ridiculously high kill % (pretty much guaranteed with high luck)

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Heh. I do the same thing generally, leaning a bit towards Law until it jumps the shark (which it does in EVERY game).

I was a bit Law at first, then of course they went crazy so I went a bit Chaos. Then they went crazy, and then I started choosing mostly half and half. Screwed me over in the end, though. :s

Is there any way to make low level demons stop chasing after me? I'm level 90 you idiot demons, you're level 5. What do you think you're going to do to me?

Dresden

Locked into Neutral.

Also have a save file where I'm locked into Law, so I'll speed through that one day. Happy that I can finally like, do things, though.

My team is really starting to shape up. I have the ability that cancels out all stat debuffs cast on me, and soon will get the one that fucks up the opponents buffs. Might put them both on my MC. I also have Fog Breath and War Cry on a demon with Spirit Drain. Sadly its weak to a single element but meh. I'll soon have Medirahan on my MC allowing him to play medic during boss fights in addition to primary damage dealer.

hawk2025

How do you know when you are "locked into" neutral/law/chaos? I'm currently law according to the guy in the bar, but I literally JUST got to the part where you can get that information.

Do I still have a bit to go before it's locked in?

If this info is considered spoilers, tag away :)

Dunno if it is coincidence or not, but every fucking demon in Shibuya asks me for one or two items and then goes "bye sucker" and leaves. -_-

Ok, I am doing the side quest to fight
Asura
, but I cannot find him at all. I have been trying to follow the directions in the guide that came with the game but to no avail. I am in the Ouiji area currently.

Aeana

How do you know when you are "locked into" neutral/law/chaos? I'm currently law according to the guy in the bar, but I literally JUST got to the part where you can get that information.

Do I still have a bit to go before it's locked in?

If this info is considered spoilers, tag away :)
You'll know. You aren't yet. Nowhere near.

If you actually want to know when, I'll tell you (this is a real spoiler):
you'll make a really big choice, and end up in a monochrome forest. The character who shows up at this point is how you know your alignment, and at this point you are locked into that alignment for good.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Ok, I am doing the side quest to fight
Asura
, but I cannot find him at all. I have been trying to follow the directions in the guide that came with the game but to no avail. I am in the Ouiji area currently.

Did you speak with Nozomi at Ameyoko first? (It's in the Ueno Station area). I had that problem too. Then I realized the quest states you have to meet someone.

Did you speak with Nozomi at Ameyoko first? (It's in the Ueno Station area). I had that problem too. Then I realized the quest states you have to meet someone.

No I didn't know you had to go there first, the guide didn't mention that. Thanks. Too bad I have to backtrack now lol.

I quit and reloaded until this one fight didn't start with a party member dying (thus making the fight too difficult to be worth it). This game is dumb lol.

I love this game, it's seriously one of my favorite RPGs in... years and years, but it has about three really, really dumb things about it, and just how random (and decisive) the first turns of many boss battles are is one of them.

Anybody play this game with headphones?

You can play 3DS games without headphones? :eek:

PK Gaming

I feel like Isabeau got the short end of the stick. (late game spoilers)

Regardless of who you side with, Walter and Jonathan both get to wander around each variant of Tokyo, and their insight / reaction to each world is interesting. I kinda wish she tagged along too, just like old times sake:/

Busaiku

Major late game spoilers.
I didn't think things would go this bad.
I just wanted to give power to the common people!
Walter and Isabeau...

lol I cheesed the shit out of this Erlkonig demon I came across, guy was completely annihilating my party but then I put in Raiju and he was completely helpless.

Is it bad that I stopped bothering with side quests? I just can't be assed to backtrack and aimlessly search for a particular event trigger.

Young Magus

Another question: Where does the hordes spawn for the side-quest in Shinjuku? East, West, or South Section?

Also, I went to the cynical man to get an aliment read, he stated that I was "hard to figure"
YAY!!

Is it bad that I stopped bothering with side quests? I just can't be assed to backtrack and aimlessly search for a particular event trigger.

yeah I've been meaning to ask this, some of the quest descriptions are vague, am I just expected to run around until I find something or is there a way to search where to go?

Hmmm anyone has a strategy to beat ENDGAME SIDE BOSS SPOILER
Beelzeebub
?

I think there must be a trick where his strategy changes depending on your party configuration or armor as some bosses in DDS2 did as he uses megidolaon X 3 and it's over. The first time he uses it it's fine as all my demons have endure and we have mediarahan but after that it's a total wipe out. I'm level 81 with the demons around that level. I tried using the doping spell but it's not enough to withstand megidolaon X 3. I have debilitate and Luster Candy too.

Once I used Luster Candy and War Cry (didn't have Debilitate yet) 3x, his Megidolaon's didn't kill me, always leaving around 100-200 HP. Then again, my party all had at least 600HP.

My team... *sheds prideful tear*

I just ruined a boss's entire day, and unlocked Metatrakatan on my Dantalian. Can't wait to fuse him and a demon with energy drain together. UNLIMITED REFLECTS WORKS.

I was really REALLY tempted to put both reflecting skills on my MC, but I have him as an antibuffer and damage caster. And secondary healer. No room for reflect skills.

War Cry is amazing and I have two demons with it + energy drain. Makes battles a cinch. Can't wait for some luster candy.

Bogeypop

Frost Ace (34) x Kresnik (56) x Cu Chulainn (50)

He's staying in my party. Forever.

I missed out on making a
Cu Chulainn
and am too lazy to look at that site to figure out what I need to fuse to get him so no
Demonee-ho
for me at the moment :(
Besides I'm more interested in making
Uriel
since he's one of if not my favorite demons.

My team... *sheds prideful tear*

I just ruined a boss's entire day, and unlocked Metatrakatan on my Dantalian. Can't wait to fuse him and a demon with energy drain together. UNLIMITED REFLECTS WORKS.

War Cry is amazing and I have two demons with it + energy drain. Makes battles a cinch. Can't wait for some luster candy.

Debilitate + Luster Candy all day eryday. Reflect spells are a godsend until end game bosses who use say fuck your shields I got
Almighty
skills

Eusis

Wonder what I should aim for with spells in general on my lead? I got single target ones of each element (Hama/mudo/almighty aside), but I can't help but wonder if that's really not so efficent? Diarama too and some buffs, maybe I should invest in tetrakarn or something.

Wonder what I should aim for with spells in general on my lead? I got single target ones of each element (Hama/mudo/almighty aside), but I can't help but wonder if that's really not so efficent? Diarama too and some buffs, maybe I should invest in tetrakarn or something.

Honestly I like having every element on my MC since the press turn system makes it shine. Though if you max out magic you could probably do quite well with the best Almighty skill and Energy Drain.

edit:

That awful feeling when you fuse your demons into seemingly stronger demons but end up with a slightly weaker team. :(

Top Bottom