• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Vamphuntr

I unlocked the luck door and tried going in and out for about 10 minutes and gave up. I don't have a lot of patience for that stuff.

I feel bad knowing I will never complete the compendium because of that :S

It's too bad you can't cheat with estoma like you could in Strange Journey.

ohlawd

How far along am I?

Hmm.... way beyond the strategy guide and I'm already locked with my alignment
Just beat Pluto and I'm starting Camp Ichigaya in the destroyed Tokyo

Still got less than two weeks for Pikmin 3 and Tales of Xillia but I want this game over and done with :x

coopolon

Just started it and the 3D effect in this game is fantastic. It's actually throwing me off a bit with how intense it is. Little bit of ghosting, but eh, not too bad.

This is my first 3ds game and I really like the 3d but I get awful ghosting on Amy setting other than bare minimum. It is very frustrating. I try moving it but can't ever get it too go away for good. Hope all 3ds games a aren't this bad. I do have an xl so that isn't helping.

I really love those training battles. Nice puzzles to them. I wish there were more.

I unlocked the luck door and tried going in and out for about 10 minutes and gave up. I don't have a lot of patience for that stuff.

I still can't seem to get the hang of training session 3.

nevermind just beat it.

This is my first 3ds game and I really like the 3d but I get awful ghosting on Amy setting other than bare minimum. It is very frustrating. I try moving it but can't ever get it too go away for good. Hope all 3ds games a aren't this bad. I do have an xl so that isn't helping.

Could be both the game's fault and you not really being used to it. I could never find the right position to not see any ghosting when I first got the 3DS without shuffling around a billion times. Now, I pretty much get in the right position instinctively. Still, even when you've found the sweet spot, some games have ghosting regardless.

Late-game Neutral spoilers:
I just entered the Purgatorium... Holy damn this is awesome. :O I was wondering when I was going to get to murder law and chaos!

Hrmm, I'm in

late game
Reverse Hills. I have key card 2 but seem stuck on the first floor. What gives?

edit. Wow derp, missed an obvious elevator.

Vamphuntr

Like other Atlus USA release there's some small mistakes here and there in the game. So far I've found that the description of Acid Breath is different in the menu and in the battle text. In your menu it says that it decreases defense/hit/evade rate and in battle when you use it in battle it says that attack/hit/evade rate has been lowered.

In a sidequest to unlock the late game demon
Yaso Magatsuhi
there is an input password screen that asks for name while the password is a number.

During the final boss of the neutral path, Some of the names are missing in the text boxes during the dialogue sequence.

Aeana

It seems that the localization programming was also done by a third party company, ENSIDE, which I guess is Korean going by the names in the credits. I'd love to hear the story behind that.

Vamphuntr

That line made me groan. But it wasn't enough to quell my excitement.

I loved the way he presented his demon that time. The guy was a funny character. I'll put this in spoiler tag but I'm not sure if you can find all terminals in law/chaos path so I'll write NEUTRAL PATH ENDGAME SPOILER
When he explained he watched anime and became different characters because of that he reminded me of Virignia's rival in Wild Arms 3 with her mangas.

It seems that the localization programming was also done by a third party company, ENSIDE, which I guess is Korean going by the names in the credits. I'd love to hear the story behind that.

Ah, had not noticed that. That's fairly interesting. The team that made the game was too busy or is it related to the Index Holdings fallout?

The first boss is fucking destroying me, and I don't know what to do. My MC has fire-resistant armor, and I have a persona with Agi. Everyone is at least level 7, but my Angel is 5. Lunge is fucking everyone up.

What am I doing wrong?

edit: not the first boss, technically. i have to fight him in order to rescue someone very early in the game.

CSX

Im pretty sure Nich mentioned this on the forums once. It was in some thread about localization costs and he wondered why ___ company didnt try outsourcing the programming like they do cuz it was easier and cheaper. He mentioned the company was Korean too

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The first boss is fucking destroying me, and I don't know what to do. My MC has fire-resistant armor, and I have a persona with Agi. Everyone is at least level 7, but my Angel is 5. Lunge is fucking everyone up.

What am I doing wrong?

edit: not the first boss, technically. i have to fight him in order to rescue someone very early in the game.

Naga? He's pretty easy... yes, bring someone with Agi. The more the merrier. Also, in case you don't know, the first strike on boss battles are not set in stone: sometimes you get it, sometimes the boss gets it, so save and reload if the enemy gets the first strike (since it can REALLY make a difference)

Also, after you win the battle, prepare folks with Zio, Agi, and Ice resistant demons/skills. Well, the last one isn't really necessary--just don't bring anyone weak with ice.

Naga? He's pretty easy... yes, bring someone with Agi. The more the merrier. Also, in case you don't know, the first strike on boss battles are not set in stone: sometimes you get it, sometimes the boss gets it, so save and reload if the enemy gets the first strike (since it can REALLY make a difference)

Also, after you win the battle, prepare folks with Zio, Agi, and Ice resistant demons/skills. Well, the last one isn't really necessary--just don't bring anyone weak with ice.

I don't know what demon to fuse other than Pele that can use Agi.

edit: I just beat it, and I'm shocked by how easy it was. Having one of their Lunges miss made all the difference!

Okay the plot just took a turn to bonkersville.

For those of you who have finished or are near the end, can you answer the following?

(spoilers)
Do we get an explanation for what happened to Tokyo? Why the demons appeared? What and how Mikado came to exist? Whats happened to the world beyond Tokyo? No spoilers just a vague yes or no.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't know what demon to fuse other than Pele that can use Agi.

There's also a Fallen that comes with an Agi that you can recruit on that very floor. Lvl 5 dude, I forget the name, he looks like an old man.

Edit: Well, you won it! :)

Time to prepare for the next stuff :D

Also, don't throw away Posumudi. It's mightily useful. Have at least someone know it in your roster.

LProtag

I am getting completely destroyed by (late game but before final path split)
King Kenji.

He is weak against Agi and Zan. Agi seems to do little damage to him, but gives me a press turn and Zan seems to do decent damage but doesn't give me a press turn. I can get up to the end of the fight but then he starts busting out ancient curse and mamudoon and my shit gets wrecked every time.

The hell do I do?

BlackJace

Oh shit oh shit oh shit. Just beat Yamato and am faced with the decision to push the Expanse button. I declined and was taken outside until I'm ready. Is this the point of no return?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I am getting completely destroyed by (late game but before final path split)
King Kenji.

He is weak against Agi and Zan. Agi seems to do little damage to him, but gives me a press turn and Zan seems to do decent damage but doesn't give me a press turn. I can get up to the end of the fight but then he starts busting out ancient curse and mamudoon and my shit gets wrecked every time.

The hell do I do?

Matrakarn and Tetrakarn are pretty cool.

Items that negate 1 attack of light/dark insta-kill moves are also great.

Okay question. Where do you find Pyro Jack in the wild? I know I was fighting groups of him and Jack Frost a while ago but I can't seem to freaking find them again now that I want one. SIGH!

Watashiwa

Okay the plot just took a turn to bonkersville.

For those of you who have finished or are near the end, can you answer the following?

(spoilers)
Do we get an explanation for what happened to Tokyo? Why the demons appeared? What and how Mikado came to exist? Whats happened to the world beyond Tokyo? No spoilers just a vague yes or no.

Kinda? Haven't finished myself, but I think I saw hints about Mikado's founding from a quarter I did not at all expect, and I think how the demons broke out was suggested during the alignment split.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So what does the Skill Mutate app do? Randomly mutating your demons' skill during level up?

Now that I have gotten all levels of MP regenerating app I want to make that my next target (since it is expensive I thought it should be something really useful, hahaha)

Also a question, maybe there are those of you who knows this: does the stat from incenses carry on during the New Game+ for the MC? I figure that if they don't then it's better to use the incenses on demons since you can then record those upgrade in the compendium, right?

Okay question. Where do you find Pyro Jack in the wild? I know I was fighting groups of him and Jack Frost a while ago but I can't seem to freaking find them again now that I want one. SIGH!

Shinjuku southern gate. Many are there, usually paired up with Jack Frosts.

Top Bottom