• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Kinda? Haven't finished myself, but I think I saw hints about Mikado's founding from a quarter I did not at all expect, and I think how the demons broke out was suggested during the alignment split.

I just finished the part with the giant cocoon and the reveal of the four angels in Mikado. I'm just really confused at the geography of the game, how a giant land mass exists over Tokyo that looks older than Tokyo itself.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I guess I am lucky at level 40 to have gotten it in a random skill mutation on a low level Quicksilver?

I beat you very silly.

I got a random skill change to Concentration from a starter demon in the very 1st floor of Naraku. I forget the name but it's the dude that you have to fight in your very first battle, hahaha.

The funny thing is he's a pretty much a physical looking dude, so I was like WTF.

Dresden

So I loaded up my locked-Law save, figuring that I could just breeze through the last hour or so of the game for the ending.

- Law feels really tacked on, compared to Chaos. Less bosses, less . . . everything.

- Used up the hundred or so app points I had lying around, and the Skill Plugin app is amazing. Or at least it's my luck. On level sixty-ish enemies, recruiting gave me the following skills:

• null force
    drain gun
    null dark
    luster candy
    null phys

Of course, I got junk often, too, but just getting them tacked onto whatever previous skillsets they had is so damn good.

- this last dungeon is (not-plot-related)
terrible.
Law blows!

Watashiwa

I just finished the part with the giant cocoon and the reveal of the four angels in Mikado. I'm just really confused at the geography of the game, how a giant land mass exists over Tokyo that looks older than Tokyo itself.

Well...
let's just say that dimensional travel and multiple timelines are an established part of the plot and leave it at that.
Really, I shouldn't be talking too much about this; I chose the Negation ending.

@Dresden: WAY better NG+ demons though.

PK Gaming

So I loaded up my locked-Law save, figuring that I could just breeze through the last hour or so of the game for the ending.

- Law feels really tacked on, compared to Chaos. Less bosses, less . . . everything.

- Used up the hundred or so app points I had lying around, and the Skill Plugin app is amazing. Or at least it's my luck. On level sixty-ish enemies, recruiting gave me the following skills:

• null force
    drain gun
    null dark
    luster candy
    null phys

Of course, I got junk often, too, but just getting them tacked onto whatever previous skillsets they had is so damn good.

- this last dungeon is (not-plot-related)
terrible.
Law blows!

fuck law
fuck chaos

go neutral

Shit, I think I hit the period where I am forced into an alignment path and I am the opposite of what I want to be.

It seems I have to choose between killing Lilith or Tayanama and his red pill operations. Last I checked I was chaos, and I haven't had much time to change that since there have been very few choices present since then. Walter and John just split.

Vamphuntr

I think Neutral is the path with the most content. End game spoilers for every path I guess
since you have both the law and chaos dungeons/bosses and the hunters competition quest

Pretty sure the game wants you to treat the neutral path as the best one considering the amount of stuff they explained about the backstory and Tokyo itself and the huge amount of content.

spiritfox

Question about Hero demons:
Do i need to fuse at a certain level for the fusion accident to create them? Or certain demons? Not exactly sure now to get them.

Watashiwa

Shit, I think I hit the period where I am forced into an alignment path and I am the opposite of what I want to be.

It seems I have to choose between killing Lilith or Tayanama and his red pill operations. Last I checked I was chaos, and I haven't had much time to change that since there have been very few choices present since then. Walter and John just split.

Keep playing.

Question about Hero demons:
Do i need to fuse at a certain level for the fusion accident to create them? Or certain demons? Not exactly sure now to get them.

Just need the accident, you get the one closest to the level the resulting demon would have been.

PK Gaming

I have a locked neutral save, I just want to get Law out of the way.

e: oh man, this dungeon suddenly got so much better.

oh I know, i was just saying it in general

i'm jealous of you neutral guys, i'm stuck with law here :(

oh well, there's always next run.

LProtag

Ahhh, I got locked into the Law path.

I wonder what I did wrong. I thought the advice I followed said I'd get neutral. Meh.

Maybe I can go back to my second save before the first path split and do some challenge quests to get some chaos points...

LProtag

If you talked to some NPC's they can effect your alignment if they ask you a question.

Challenge quests that aren't required also add points.

I didn't do any challenge quests and I thought if you answered with the first response to every question you'd even out with those.

reriel

It seems that the localization programming was also done by a third party company, ENSIDE, which I guess is Korean going by the names in the credits. I'd love to hear the story behind that.

If I remember correctly, ENSIDE was involved with Catherine and P4G localizations too.

Dresden

Ahhh, I got locked into the Law path.

I wonder what I did wrong. I thought the advice I followed said I'd get neutral. Meh.

Maybe I can go back to my second save before the first path split and do some challenge quests to get some chaos points...

You may have messed up on the boss questions.

LProtag

Looking online it must have been the suicidal woman that screwed me over. The guide I read didn't mention it, but the others said not to talk to her.

CSX

xSRoXHB.jpg
Reference to beginning of nocturne?

Vamphuntr

Maybe a few ask Alignment reliant questions based on your current alignment.

Not sure if any add any points though.

Not sure how to spoil this one so just don't highlight if you don't want to be spoiled about bosses or alignment.

The questions Tenkai ask you during his battle affect your alignment score according to the wiki here http://www34.atwiki.jp/megaten4/pages/88.html. The question Walter asks you during the Pluto boss battle also affect your alignment.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Not sure how to spoil this one so just don't highlight if you don't want to be spoiled about bosses or alignment.

The questions Tenkai ask you during his battle affect your alignment score according to the wiki here http://www34.atwiki.jp/megaten4/pages/88.html. The question Walter asks you during the Pluto boss battle also affect your alignment.

Interesting. I've beaten the game 3 times already so you aren't ruining anything.

Anyone has the link to the web fusion tool?

This? http://erikku.github.io/smt4tool/

duckroll

Boss questions don't effect alignment. Only battle buffs and debuffs.

I'm not entirely sure if that's the case. In Midtown,
the second Tenkai question during the fight certainly felt like an alignment effect to me. I picked Law, and Jonathan commented on it immediately, there was no buff/debuff either.

LProtag

So next time I'm avoiding that suicidal lady, and answering the top question every single time I can make a choice even if it's not an alignment question.

Top Bottom