• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

NeonZ

I've found the entrance to underground Shibuya... Somehow I had mapped out the entire city and its relic spots, but I hadn't noticed that entrance. Anyway, thanks.

Also, I just summoned Minotaur, and I like how his dialogue referenced the main story.

Forkball

Ok I got past Shinjuku, and I need to find this demon that drops the Jirae Talisman. It's supposedly in the government building, but I can't find it anywhere. Someone told me west but there's nothing there.

NeonZ

Ok I got past Shinjuku, and I need to find this demon that drops the Jirae Talisman. It's supposedly in the government building, but I can't find it anywhere. Someone told me west but there's nothing there.

Have you finished the quest about
killing a bunch of corpses
? After that, you can go to West Shinjuku from the underground. The man blocking part of underground Shinjjuku will move away. From, there, just go on to the path that leads above ground again. There's only one path until you get to the boss with the talisman. The area right in front of the government building is the only location that might cause some confusion.

GeekyDad

I hate the voice of that old guy in the fusion app.

NOOOOOW THEEEEEEEEN. WEEEEEEEELLLLLL. OOOOOOH!

I usually just rush through the menus to skip his annoying dialog, but he still gets some of his abrasive groaning in. The dude in Soul Hackers was so much cooler.

I'm truly the opposite. I find it impossible to rush through the menus because I love listening to him do his spiel. Love his voice.

Late game spoilers:

I chose to take down Lilith with Johnathan, and that got me back to Neutral. I had a bit of trouble with her at first, but then discovered she was weak to gun which two fodder demons of mine had access to thankfully.

PK Gaming

I hate the voice of that old guy in the fusion app.

NOOOOOW THEEEEEEEEN. WEEEEEEEELLLLLL. OOOOOOH!

I usually just rush through the menus to skip his annoying dialog, but he still gets some of his abrasive groaning in. The dude in Soul Hackers was so much cooler.

That's unfortunate. Mido's got the voice of an angel for me.

I actually feel like my team right now (level 45) is weaker than my team when I was 5-8 levels lower. I seem to have less elemental coverage so it is harder to bounce around press turn icons. I think I let elemental coverage slip because they were the Medium spells and I thought I'd soon have access to all the Heavy spells.

duckroll

Ooooooh yeah! I finally beat the Ueno Prelim Tournament quest. It was surprisingly challenging even though I'm around lvl45. It was pretty fun to play around with party setups on the fly and reacting to how the fights were going. The enemies getting the first turn each time, and being unable to rearrange the party and heal between battles just made it all the more tense. Fun stuff!

PK Gaming

Ooooooh yeah! I finally beat the Ueno Prelim Tournament quest. It was surprisingly challenging even though I'm around lvl45. It was pretty fun to play around with party setups on the fly and reacting to how the fights were going. The enemies getting the first turn each time, and being unable to rearrange the party and heal between battles just made it all the more tense. Fun stuff!

Did you
viciously murder the 4th guy? I decided the spare the first 3 and kill the last guy because his team was so fucking annoying.

duckroll

Did you
viciously murder the 4th guy? I decided the spare the first 3 and kill the last guy because his team was so fucking annoying.

Nope. Why would I kill any humans? I'm Law all the way, baby! I only kill demons, and those who oppose the Lord! :D

Are streetpasses very beneficial? The reason why I ask is because I haven't started the game yet but I am going to the Video Games Live concert tomorrow and I hope to get a ton of streetpasses. Was wondering if it would be worth it to put the time into the game between now and tomorrow night to unlock the feature since this will likely be the only time before PAX that I will be able to get a ton of passes in one sitting.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I can't be the only one who loves (second boss spoiler)
Medusa
's design. I love her. She's always hanging out in my team or in my stock. Plus she'd make an amazing tattoo.

PK Gaming

Ueno Prelim Tournament quest spoilers:

Nope. Why would I kill any humans? I'm Law all the way, baby! I only kill demons, and those who oppose the Lord! :D

I didn't kill anyone, I'd thought it would net me some neutral points or something.

I tried to spare him, I really did. But after my 4th and 5th attempt were thwarted by him getting lucky, I decided that minute I won I would do the world a massive favor and end his miserable life.

duckroll

Are streetpasses very beneficial? The reason why I ask is because I haven't started the game yet but I am going to the Video Games Live concert tomorrow and I hope to get a ton of streetpasses. Was wondering if it would be worth it to put the time into the game between now and tomorrow night to unlock the feature since this will likely be the only time before PAX that I will be able to get a ton of passes in one sitting.

Apparently you can streetpass with EO4 and Soul Hackers players as well, and get free App points. Definitely sounds beneficial. Don't forget to download the Streetpass patch from the eShop though!

GeekyDad

Anyone know how to get to Juujyou Base? I know where it is looking at a map, but I can't figure out how to get to it from the Ikebukuro terminal.

FanFan

Neo Member

The demons you attached in the card will grow (if you use white card) or fused (if you use black card), and you will get DDS Skill.

The good thing comes when you streetpassed with someone who played EO4 or Soul Hacker players... That 40 App points are DELISHUS,

duckroll

Anyone know how to get to Juujyou Base? I know where it is looking at a map, but I can't figure out how to get to it from the Ikebukuro terminal.

Just did that quest myself.
Get to Ikebukuro proper, climb up to the highway again and exit from there. Then head upwards, past the subway to Shinjuku, and look for a hole along the wall to go through it. Then head left after you go through the hole. :)

Ugh, only one day without playing and I'm already feeling the withdrawal. Definitely starting a NG+ run for Law tomorrow, if not today. Hoping some of the challenge DLC comes out soon, I'll definitely put some of my $30 credit towards that.

GeekyDad

Just did that quest myself.
Get to Ikebukuro proper, climb up to the highway again and exit from there. Then head upwards, past the subway to Shinjuku, and look for a hole along the wall to go through it. Then head left after you go through the hole. :)

Many thanks!

I am back in

late game spoilers:
Reverse Hills. I thought that would be where the generator was, but am I fucking up and accidentally taking a chaos action by going there again?

Saw it posted a few pages back but I also just put in my Club Nintendo code for this game and got a $30 credit. I don't own Fire Emblem but I did download the demo.

Now I have to figure out if I want to use my code on the 3DS or Wii U.

The demons you attached in the card will grow (if you use white card) or fused (if you use black card), and you will get DDS Skill.

The good thing comes when you streetpassed with someone who played EO4 or Soul Hacker players... That 40 App points are DELISHUS,

Thanks Duckroll and FanFan. I will try to put some time into it tonight. I have been itching to play but have been trying to get some other games off my plate first.

Gamerloid

7 hours in now. Heading deeper into Naraku
after the Black Samurai incident
. I like where this game is going.

Shame what happened to my old friend. I knew something would happened to him, but more in the way that he'd be a main villain in a plot twist. Wasn't expecting me to have to kill him.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
7 hours in now. Heading deeper into Naraku
after the Black Samurai incident
. I like where this game is going.

Shame what happened to my old friend. I knew something would happened to him, but more in the way that he'd be a main villain in a plot twist. Wasn't expecting me to have to kill him.

If it were any other JRPG, I could see that happening. But SMT is... special.

khaaan

Somebody please give me some direction, I'm still fresh into Ueno and I've been running around trying to find
the military base.

I've been running around for so long that the enemies don't even feel that threatening any more. If it helps, I went through a location that had a little pond in the centre but past it feels like a dead end.

Dresden

Somebody please give me some direction, I'm still fresh into Ueno and I've been running around trying to find
the military base.

I've been running around for so long that the enemies don't even feel that threatening any more. If it helps, I went through a location that had a little pond in the centre but past it feels like a dead end.

Talk to all the people inside the bar at Ueno.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, my press turn troubles are over for a while

3LvGV.jpg

3LvGj.jpg

Lissar

Reluctant Member
the military base.

A guy in the bar will give you a very important quest.

Don't forget to talk to all NPCs! They will give more story info and sometimes quests. Only in this case it's actually a main quest.

Top Bottom