• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

cj_iwakura

This looks so awesome. Could I request one as well?

I'm sure BJ can do better, but...

DszPrjS.png

Also, I'd love one for Fumiko, since one for Jonathan seems silly:

7GNbKCI.png

jorgeton

The strategy book is nice. Good going Atlus! I've only flipped through it quickly because I want to go in unspoiled, but I'm impressed by how thorough it appears. I love the short Q&A they included with the sound designer and composers.

aravuus

I can try. Stand by.

EDIT: It's done. I sent it to your PM too.

1c0qc.png

It looks pretty good with anime characters, I wonder what it looks like with real faces hehe wink wink

ah what am I saying, it's not like I'm going to be able to play the game in a long while :(

If we're still doing those avatars, can someone do mine, too? They look awesome! Thanks in advance! ^_^

EDIT: You know, never mind.... I just remembered I have photoshop on my computer and need to practice using it anyways. Here goes nothing! If it goes well, I'll post results and may be willing to do a few others. :)

Just opened up my copy and took a look at the artbook/guide....sooooo nice!

I made sure to open the box and still have the plastic on it. Want to keep it nice and sexy, lol.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So, how comparable is the dungeon-roaming to Persona 3/4 dungeon-roaming and how is the battle system compared to Devil Survivor? I've played both spinoff series, but never a mainline game. I know the differences, but I wonder about the similarities. I've always imagined it to be an amalgamation of those two aspects.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
The biggest downside of the eShop, no breaking street dates :(

While I agree that that is a downside to the eShop, I can think of half a dozen things about the eShop that are worse than that. Which is not a compliment to Nintendo, to be clear.

Labrys

So excited! Switching between this and Animal Crossing on a daily basis will be blissful.
I'm also excited to see what the $30 will get me. I haven't really noticed, but does the eShop have sales at all?

Just got the game, excited to play my first smt game. I was really surprised the game comes with a strategy book. I was expecting an art book lol. Looks pretty well done too.

Rhodan

Neo Member
While I agree that that is a downside to the eShop, I can think of half a dozen things about the eShop that are worse than that. Which is not a compliment to Nintendo, to be clear.

I may have been exaggerating slightly for effect ;)

Also because I really want this game >.<

Dang that was fun! I like the Light/Dark look on Dio... Seems fitting.

Before:
image.php

After:
image.php

I don't mind doing a couple, if anyone wants me to. I'm not sure I'm doing it totally right, so tell me if you want me to do something a certain way. >.>

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Dang that was fun! I like the Light/Dark look on Dio... Seems fitting.

Before:
image.php

After:
image.php

I don't mind doing a couple, if anyone wants me to. I'm not sure I'm doing it totally right, so tell me if you want me to do something a certain way. >.>

I'm curious what Golgo 13 would look like.

Probably no less manly.

Like me.

Labrys

Alright! Might wait for a sale on something, then.

I'm gonna focus on finishing IV first, though. I've found with SMT games I have to give my full attention (besides AC, which takes up 1-1.5 hours a day) or I get distracted and never finish them.

I think battle system doesn't mean what some of you think it means, battle system has nothing to do with graphics, and this has the same battle system from Nocturne.

I'm curious what Golgo 13 would look like.

Probably no less manly.

Like me.

Not sure if you were serious or not, but....

cqzNsM0.jpg

It was a bit tough, but I did a Dark | Light version, and it turned out pretty decently, imo. Haha Use it if you'd like, I won't be offended if you don't. :p

And If anyone else wants me do try and do one, feel free to ask! I'm bored! :p

I think battle system doesn't mean what some of you think it means, battle system has nothing to do with graphics, and this has the same battle system from Nocturne.

Yeah I remember reading some comments that said the 2D sprites made for a bad battle system... and I didn't get that at all.

Top Bottom