• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The final photo quest is in Tokyo station
, I do believe.You need about 15,000 Macca
total to open up the area in Ginza that's required. You may need to open up the areas in Ginza first. I haven't actually gotten to those quests myself.

The
Tokyo Cosmos
quest is found in Ginza's Hunter association.
After that there's a shrine in Ikebukuro you have to visit
. That will start the actual quest.
The Devas are found (this is from memory, so you may have to search a bit) in the four cardinal directions on the world map. They'll be red enemy static. There's one far north of ikebukuro, past the hole in the wall.The west one is around shinjuku in the streets. The east and south ones require the Torifune shawl from the Amaterasu quest. The east one is on the artificial island that's south of the dead end that goes east from Ginza. The one in the south has to be reached from a desert area in the far south accessible only with the shawl. There should be a pair of highways sprawling east and north of it. It'll be on one of those two paths. Hopefully that helps

So I still need to do the
Amaterasu
quest first.... I have no idea where I can get the three relics (I think I already got one from a Demon's Domain)... but thanks man, I don't want to trouble you further. I am just gonna go Google for this one.

For all the great things this game can give, I *wish* it can be less obscure in terms of providing directions for its quests, *sigh*

You know how in RPGs you have that go to skill that's just amazing every time you use it?

For me, that skill is Stun Needles.

It's SO GOOD.

The marvelousness of Desperate Hit is a thing unmatched by anything.

Especially when complemented with a Charge.

Caladrius

You know how in RPGs you have that go to skill that's just amazing every time you use it?

For me, that skill is Stun Needles.

It's SO GOOD.

How did I manage to forget about that?

I don't know if it was deliberate but thank you.

EDIT: Two domains that have the treasures are found north of shinjuku. Both of them just so happen to be located near each other and require you to traverse a poison swamp to get to them. One is found in the mire just north of the skyscrapers and the other actually requires you to loop around and go through the SW area of the poison field that leads to the Ikebukuro tunnel (It's literally wedged right above the skyscrapers) The final one is East of Ginza.

Busaiku

How many of you guys actually did the quest where you deliver wine to Hugo?
Just curious, cause it's definitely something that is super easy to miss.

It's not a Challenge Quest by the way, and it's not involved with Dionysus.

Uh...

So, um...

The Heralds, eh? How frightening looking they were. I want to kill them all, because nothing that terrible needs to exist. Lilith wasn't looking too hot either.

In regards to my preferred alignment choice, all I know is my gut says maybe.

Eusis

Why do people hate on turn based combat? I fucking hated the "live" combat system present in Chrono Trigger and similar games.
Well, I find that OK since I can soft pause it by going into menus, but in general I APPRECIATE having the time to take in what's going on and respond appropriately. I feel it's one of the worst mindsets as of late when approaching games, that everything must be constantly active or require "full" control or it's archaic. Even though quite a few games went with more streamlined combat and QTEs, the latter of which now that I think about it kind of comes off as the warped counterpart of turn based combat: interactivity's removed, but instead of issuing commands at your own pace as the situation warrants you just have to press a button at the right time to continue.

I don't really remember the last JRPG I got so effortlessly hooked on to the point where I don't care how long it takes me to finish it. Probably on the SNES.

I really enjoyed FE:A, but this and Etrian Odyssey have edged out ahead for my favorite 3DS games this year.

Okay. Spoilers incoming!

I found Jonathan. He wants to go kill Lilith.

I found Isabeau. She doesn't know what she wants to do, but she won't come with me.

Where is Walter? I want to hear what he has to say before I do anything else. Or am I supposed to just go with Jonathan for the time being?

PK Gaming

The Black Samurai is such an awesome character.

Black_Samurai.png

Our viewpoints don't necessarily align, but I really like her despite that. I've had her to strike her down twice now, and it feels me with regret. Ah well, that's what the Chaos playthrough is for, right.

And her voice is so pleasing to the ear ♪

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Well, a real game would just let you shoot the demons yourself. Why do you have to take turns?

Not sure how legit this is, but stacking Luster Candy only twice seems to cut down on Megido spam. Fully buffed = spam. Casting a reflect = spam.

If you have Salvation, Doping, and a persona that can resist sickness, you're good to go. Honestly.
That fight is the only one I struggled a lot with late in the game. One that exposed how weak my demon builds really are, as they could be a lot more focused instead of building them to withstand various scenarios. The winning combination in my case was having Salvation, two Luster Candies, two demons with Gun Rpl, and a Tetrakarn thrown every now and then (it wasn't extremely beneficial though). Debilitate was spam wasn't a help as it kept using Luster Candy itself.

NeonZ

Okay. Spoilers incoming!

I found Jonathan. He wants to go kill Lilith.

I found Isabeau. She doesn't know what she wants to do, but she won't come with me.

Where is Walter? I want to hear what he has to say before I do anything else. Or am I supposed to just go with Jonathan for the time being?

Walter will be in your room.

NeonZ

Thank you. Is this the final alignment choice? I'm pretty sure I'm not close to the end yet, right?

No, it isn't the final choice, but does add points for it. Although you can minimize that by taking opposite choices once you're in that split.

you guys wouldn't happen to know where a man could find a Dragon Long?

He's a challenge quest boss in the Mikado lake. I can't remember if you need to finish that challenge quest to fuse him though. He's a lvl 41 dragon.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Not sure how much longer I'll play this. The frequent group KOs from random battles is getting to me. Doesn't help I'm not happy with how my demons are turning out.

later(much?) game boss spoiler

I'm getting my arse handed to me 7 ways from Sunday by Kenji. When does the ailments it really locks up my win chance, Then he either spams megidola or whoever is alive dies from poison. I know he's weakness is agi/zan.

battle strategies that helped you?

Clov

So, what exactly do I have to do to get on the neutral path? I heard I had to do certain sidequests, but I've had conflicting reports on which ones.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
later(much?) game boss spoiler

I'm getting my arse handed to me 7 ways from Sunday by Kenji. When does the ailments it really locks up my win chance, Then he either spams megidola or whoever is alive dies from poison. I know he's weakness is agi/zan.

battle strategies that helped you?

I owned his ass using Tetrakarn. If you have a demon with that skill, you are golden.

Just went through the Reverse Hills section.

Well, that got really fucked up really fast. I kind of saw where things were going, but all of the kids dialogue throughout those various rooms was a lot of 'nope' from me. Just completely fucked up in every way, especially at the very end when that sociopath dude is just going on about how they make the pills in the most detached manner in the world. It was very disturbing.

Also, that fucker Mastema from Strange Journey is back. He seems like a dick here, too.

end/later game alignment question

I'm now at the monochrome forest. How do I know if I'm locked in neutral or Law? I see Gabriel & my mission is warriors chosen by God? Advice please?

edit: nevermind I made a backup save just in case. I locked the neutral ending, muhahaha!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Late in the Neutral path, I'm having trouble with the
Seraph
boss battle, mostly his
light wal
l. Is there a trick to the
colors of those barriers
or should just focus on spamming Almighty?

Busaiku

Late in the Neutral path, I'm having trouble with the
Seraph
boss battle, mostly his
light wal
l. Is there a trick to the
colors of those barriers
or should just focus on spamming Almighty?

I noticed when Isabeau did Ziodyne, it broke through it.
Maybe lighting breaks it?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
And for what it's worth, this part of the game is emphasizing the importance or demon builds. No amount of cheat DLCs can alleviate this, afaik!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Desperate Hit is the best Almighty Skill, if not singularly the best offensive skill ever in this game.

Relatively cheap to use, has a gun effect, it pierces through -karn spells like a boss, doesn't care about resistances, and when paired with charge the damage potential completely dwarfs any Megido family spells *very easily*.

Makes a DEX/Gun build oh so sweetly, sweetly worth it.

vall03

Anyone know where to get the challenge quests for Ogun and Tokisada? Also, I can't go back to
Blasted and Infernal Tokyos
in the Law Route?

vall03

I tried Fiend hunting and they're really very hard to spawn. Although I just spent 15 minutes reloading my save, nothing happened at all. Don't know if I'll attempt it again sometime.

But a part of me feels disappointed that I won't be able to fuse them and they'll be missing in my Compendium. Now I'm starting to miss the password system from Strange Journey :(

Do all the boss battles result in: Fight boss for the first time --> Try a bunch of magic attacks to see what they are weak against --> Fuse demons so that all of the demons on your attack party have that magic attack --> Fight boss and spam the magic attack they are weak against --> Victory.

?

I just
beat that demon at that one night club so that the Ashura-kai can free the Samurai they have hostage

coopolon

Do all the boss battles result in: Fight boss for the first time --> Try a bunch of magic attacks to see what they are weak against --> Fuse demons so that all of the demons on your attack party have that magic attack --> Fight boss and spam the magic attack they are weak against --> Victory.

?

I just
beat that demon at that one night club so that the Ashura-kai can free the Samurai they have hostage

I go into every boss fight planning on winning. On most it might take me a few spells before I find their weakness. But if you go in with most elemental spells available as well as buffs/debuffs and reflect spells you can beat most of them on the first try (this is mid game, no idea if this holds true towards the end.)

But sure, every once in awhile it took me a death and reload to properly exploit their weakness.

end game question for neutral alignment

How did you guys go about getting hope for the chalice and etc? Anything I maybe missing?

You basically have to complete a certain number of quests. I know for a fact you need to do the Photography quest line and a few others that I can't remember at the moment. I'm at work so I can't really dig around too much, but this came up a few pages back in the thread. Sorry I couldn't help more!

EDIT: Googled a bit in the thread the other main quest I forgot is the
Four Devas quest where you have to fight them, I think it's unlocked as a challenge quest at a Hunter Association

Top Bottom