• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

GeekyDad

Search Ariablarg on twtich

About 6+ hours of stream

but like half of that time is due to stupid and frustrating play.

Still it's SMT IV so I tolerated it

Ah yeah, I think I saw that chick doing an unboxing of it a couple of days ago. Yeah, any SMTIV gameplay is probably gonna satisfy.

Thanks

s9E7bcil.jpg

The way it should be...

The only interesting thing here is TURBO.

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
Really? I checked a few examples like Sukaaha, Rakushumi, Sukadi and Sarasvati, who should be immune to one or more types of status attacks according to Nocturne, but their description text in IV doesn't mention anything about those.

It's somewhere. Maybe when you fuse a demon? I can't remember off-hand, but I've seen mention of resistance/vulnerability to status effects many times in the descriptive text.

Usobuko

Banned
How long does Atlus first print edition last?

Looking at their 3DS published games this year, I'm not sure if Code of Princess, Soul hackers and EO4 are PO or FP bonus but it seems the 2nd wave without all the goodies are already available.

GeekyDad

Search Ariablarg on twtich

About 6+ hours of stream

but like half of that time is due to stupid and frustrating play.

Still it's SMT IV so I tolerated it

Ugh...yeah, I can see now why it is six hours long. Good Lord, she reads every line excruciatingly slow with a bad accent, plus various commentary and distracting gestures throughout. Can't take any more. I'll wait...

ranmafan

Great to see that many copies of smtiv in one place. Sad to see that many copies of time and eternity around as well.

All this excitement for the western release is going to push me to finally try to finish my Japanese copy this weekend. Hopefully I can do it.

Effect

Ugh...yeah, I can see now why it is six hours long. Good Lord, she reads every line excruciatingly slow with a bad accent, plus various commentary and distracting gestures throughout. Can't take any more. I'll wait...

That tends to be Aria's style at times. It's fine when she's playing a number of different games. I like how she interacts with the stream watchers. Something like SMT IV it might not be great for though.

Looking forward to playing this. Trying to stay away from any stream or video with the game though. This is going to be my first SMT game outside of Soul Hackers. Don't want anything spoiled story wise.

Look at all those SMTIV copies! If the game sells well on 3DS, maybe SMTV will go back to being on consoles. Not that I'm complaining. But some people are saying the presentation is a step backwards from Nocturne.

I'm making room on my shelf now, that's the largest handheld LE bundle I've seen.

Now if only this awesome XL would see a stateside release.
yw20ojW.jpg

ohlawd

I'm so buying two physical copies.

So with that, can some retailers near me pls break street date plox. I will give you lots of xoxoxoxo

ZenComp

Neo Member
:') its a thing of beauty mang.
I'll more then likely go the eshop route like I have recently. Convenient and niiiice. Also does anyone know the name of the tracks that are on the LE OST?
I think they are: Prelude I, Prelude II, Prelude III, Hallucination I, Hallucination II, Overture, SDDS IV, and Reincarnation.

Young Magus

I think they are: Prelude I, Prelude II, Prelude III, Hallucination I, Hallucination II, Overture, SDDS IV, and Reincarnation.
Ah, I see then, the preludes are the remixes from the preview website awhile back?

EDIT: Quick Question: How to ability system in IV? Like Nocturne or DDS or Other? Can you keep all your abilities permanently or you gotta drop a skill when you get your list full?

KarmaCow

Well it might not be street date breaking shenanigans but at least Futureshop has started to ship the game. Hopefully it arrives soon.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
This is the last time I look at an OT before I actually have the game. All the street broken copies and reading the discussion is killing me (;´Д`)

Velcro Fly

Watching Romscout streaming SMT stuff all weekend is going to make me want SMT4 so bad. He's going to be doing SMT1 in a little bit. Finishing up DDS1 right now.

spiritfox

Man the first dungeon is a pain, especially since negotiations seem to be tougher this time round. So many failed negotiations leading to wipes.

Goby

Banned

Yeah and there was a miniboss that she literally did the exact same strategy 12 times in a row until the RNG got lucky and she won.

Top Bottom