• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Would it be a good idea to sell all my items, fuse all my demons to new demons, register them, buy as some high stat equipment, farm for Macca and play the post game DLC before starting a NG+?

Weird that I never encountered any riders or
Beelzebub
and I finished Neutral route.

duckroll

YESSSSSSSS! I beat that MOTHERFUCKER Ancient of Days. Felt so fucking good.

I did it at lvl 81 and all my demons survived too. I basically grabbed a piece of paper and a calculator, and computed every single damage I inflicted to check how close I was to the 50% health line, to avoid triggering his second phase. Then right at the edge of the line (just shy of 8k damage), I put an entire turn into full damage to deal 5k of damage with my party. After that it was just a matter of chipping away the last 3-4k of his health over two turns, just before he can start his Spirit Focus -> Damnation bullshit.

I used Quetzalcoatl, Demonee-Ho, and Uriel. My MC has Doping/Debilitate/Luster Candy, Quetzalcoatl has Deilitate, Demonee-Ho has Luster Candy, and Uriel has Mediarahan. For offence my MC uses Concentrate->Megidola, Demonee-Ho has Desperate Hit, and Uriel has that 15-hit physical attack (which kinda sucks because I didn't fuse Charge on him). Quetzalcoatl never attacks unless it's using Energy Drain.

I really like how the tactic worked out in the end. The ending for the DLC quest was pretty cool too. Now that I have that weight off my shoulders, I can't wait for the next story DLC. :p

Soulhouf

YESSSSSSSS! I beat that MOTHERFUCKER Ancient of Days. Felt so fucking good.

I did it at lvl 81 and all my demons survived too. I basically grabbed a piece of paper and a calculator, and computed every single damage I inflicted to check how close I was to the 50% health line, to avoid triggering his second phase. Then right at the edge of the line (just shy of 8k damage), I put an entire turn into full damage to deal 5k of damage with my party. After that it was just a matter of chipping away the last 3-4k of his health over two turns, just before he can start his Spirit Focus -> Damnation bullshit.

I used Quetzalcoatl, Demonee-Ho, and Uriel. My MC has Doping/Debilitate/Luster Candy, Quetzalcoatl has Deilitate, Demonee-Ho has Luster Candy, and Uriel has Mediarahan. For offence my MC uses Concentrate->Megidola, Demonee-Ho has Desperate Hit, and Uriel has that 15-hit physical attack (which kinda sucks because I didn't fuse Charge on him). Quetzalcoatl never attacks unless it's using Energy Drain.

I really like how the tactic worked out in the end. The ending for the DLC quest was pretty cool too. Now that I have that weight off my shoulders, I can't wait for the next story DLC. :p

That's awesome :D
I really like how there are many tactics to handle this kind of battles and every one can find the strategy that works for them.
GG

Ridley327

Beat the game today with the neutral ending. If I have major gripes, it's that the dungeons are a big step down from the ones in Nocturne in terms of puzzles and ferocity, as well as the more grounded look to them in comparison to Nocturne's more genuinely alien art design, but other than that, it's a great game that's more than worthy of being Nocturne's successor.

Is it me or does shaking down a Bound Barbatos with Expert Fundraiser , work out as more money / time than relic selling ?

I'm doing pretty good out of this and I'm not even optimised for shake down (none of my demons null or drain wind) and I only have one Bind user.

Its strange that I accepted a challenge quest I have no intention of doing just to stop my stupid ally from killing Barbados though.

Also a question about the internal consistency plotwise of a couple of late game challenge quests concerning the Tuatha De Danaan
So on Nozomi's final quest, Rebirth of the Great Mother, Black Maria is revealed to be Lady Danu (which makes roughly zero sense mythology-wise since even the compendium notes that her probable origins are not Celtic) but there's also the quest for the Cauldron of Dagda in which the gods of the Danaan ask you to retrieve their Cauldron so Lady Danu can be reborn and Brigid seems satisfied this will eventually happen. What is going on here ? Also this quest has even more problems than the previous one myth wise, Fortuna is one of the Danaan gods, despite being a Roman goddess (what?), and it seems weird that Brigid would be interested in resurrecting the old gods anyway since she did pretty well out of being adopted as a Christian saint. So whats up with these two quests basically? They confuse me.

Yuterald

Beat the game today with the neutral ending. If I have major gripes, it's that the dungeons are a big step down from the ones in Nocturne in terms of puzzles and ferocity, as well as the more grounded look to them in comparison to Nocturne's more genuinely alien art design, but other than that, it's a great game that's more than worthy of being Nocturne's successor.

I was JUST about to post this about the dungeons. I share the exact same sentiments. The dungeons are designed well, as in there's a ton of shortcuts and wrap-arounds to discover, but as far as puzzles or interesting dungeon/scenario gimmicks, there were like none. I could see why this made this decision because of the portable nature of the game, however. They probably didn't want players to get overwhelmed or bogged down by overly complex dungeons, but as someone who enjoyed the dungeons a lot in Nocturne, it was definitely a disappointment.

I just finished the game a second ago, but I have no idea what ending I got, lol! Whatever happened, it was pretty dismal! SMT III: Nocturne is my favorite SMT game and I will say that IV did some things better, but missed the mark in other areas. Overall, I loved it though. I'm surprised it turned out THIS good. I never thought we would see another RPG that could amount (or even get as close) to Nocturne's greatness, but we go it. I guess I gotta wait another 10 years to play an RPG like this again?

I'm tempted to go right back into New Game+, but I've bought SO many other games recently that I feel like I need to finish them first (eyes copy of Tales of Xillia...) ugh...time to jump back into some pedestrian RPGs! =/

In annoying news , it turns out that Invitation is one of those skills that Flynn can't learn.

I wonder why he can't learn Pandemic Bomb/Invitation/Breath.

Soulhouf

Yeah, the main thing SMTIV is lacking are actual dungeons.
I understand that the handheld nature of the game doesn't allow that but imagine this game with Nocturne level dungeons and you obtain a 120 hours intense RPG.

If Atlus has ball, they may release a Maniax version with dungeons and Kaneko who makes the design of the butchered demons. They may also remove Burroughs and all the useless dialogs and tutorials but that would never happen, unfortunately...

duckroll

Tried out the new DLC "The Eternal Youth".

As I suspected, the plot is about
the fate of the Infernal Tokyo dimension. Basically Akira is running from this super demon who appeared after he conquered Tokyo. Sanat is the chaos king who originally sowed the seed of chaos in humanity, and now he's back to test the evolution of his results. It seems kinda random, and less consistent compared to the Ancient One of the Sun DLC, but maybe it's because I was pure Law in the game and didn't get to see all of Infernal Tokyo.

As for the boss battle, it didn't seem that tough at first, but like the other DLC bosses, Sanat has some evil tricks up his sleeve.
I'm not sure what I can really do to counter his Gaea's Rage attack which he starts using later on. It basically does almighty damage to the entire party and has a good chance of blowing away one or more demon making them lost. His physical and gun attacks also pierce through resistances. Maybe I should try repel?

I love the animation for the boss sprite. Pretty detailed stuff.

Meia

Ok, so so far, 20 hours in and have no signs of slowing down like I did with Nocturne, so this may be the first actual SMT game I beat.

Currently going for a max MAG character, so thinking of going one of every element, one almighty, one heal, one buff or debuff, and whatever else. Reached a boss in the last area I was in that gave me some problem and made me reconsider how I approach certain things though, so I have a question:

Do you find raising your evasion or raising your defense more important? I know later you get abilities that do everything, but early game it's a trickier question. Only asking cause right now I have the option of a lv22 demon giving me War Cry, so now I have to decide between War Cry and Sukukaja.

Also in terms of buff/debuff spells, getting +1 on attack magic causes it to do more damage, but what does getting a +1 on the support spells do? Does it give you an extra stack per cast?

So far on bosses I've been buffing my dodge to +3(and lowering the boss's accuracy as well) before laying into them with the idea that having them miss means they attack less times so it accomplishes what raising defense does anyway. Of course, some attacks even under ideal situations seem to have a 100% success rate, leading to a problem with one boss(Ose) before I decided to say screw it and just lay into him.

duckroll

Also in terms of buff/debuff spells, getting +1 on attack magic causes it to do more damage, but what does getting a +1 on the support spells do? Does it give you an extra stack per cast?

The bonuses on the MC's skills reduce casting cost and increase a minor amount of damage on alternate levels for offensive spells. Support spells just get a reduced casting cost per level, and have a lower max level.

Soulhouf

SMTIV guest artists in case it hasn't been posted yet.

Tamotsu Shinohara - Minotaur, Napaea, Dullahan, Koga Saburo, Tenkai, Chemtrail, Ancient of Days, Sanat
Yasushi Nirasawa - Centaur, Medusa, Asmodeus, Michizane, Lucifer, Masakado
Kyouma Aki - Kuebiko, Yamato Takeru, Kenji, Astaroth
Yoshihiro Nishimura - Omoikane, Pluto, P-Army, Yaso Magatsuhi
Keita Amemiya - Lilith, Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, Uriel, Merkabah
Seeing this list and who drew what, it made me reflect on something.
Yasushi Nirasawa who by far made the worst designs, is (or at least was) a good artist actually.
He's well known for his work on previous video games such as Bullet Witch (Cavia Xbox 360), Deep Fear (Saturn), Poison Pink (PS2), London Seirei Tantei Dan (PS1).

I really like his work in these games.
The problem in my opinion is that his style in SMTIV isn't very consistent with the rest (Kaneko design) and perhaps rushed out.

It's a shame that such talent got wasted like that...

As an European, still waiting. :p

Could someone give me information how much and what DLC there is already? And the price of them?

Would be the first DLC on a 3DS game I just have to buy. :)

duckroll

SMTIV guest artists in case it hasn't been posted yet.

Tamotsu Shinohara - Minotaur, Napaea, Dullahan, Koga Saburo, Tenkai, Chemtrail, Ancient of Days, Sanat
Yasushi Nirasawa - Centaur, Medusa, Asmodeus, Michizane, Lucifer, Masakado
Kyouma Aki - Kuebiko, Yamato Takeru, Kenji, Astaroth
Yoshihiro Nishimura - Omoikane, Pluto, P-Army, Yaso Magatsuhi
Keita Amemiya - Lilith, Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, Uriel, Merkabah
Yasushi Nirasawa who by far made the worst designs, is (or at least was) a good artist actually.
He's well known for his work on previous video games such as Bullet Witch (Cavia Xbox 360), Deep Fear (Saturn), Poison Pink (PS2), London Seirei Tantei Dan (PS1).

I don't agree Nirasawa has the worst designs at all. I think it's mostly a toss up. Most of the designers had at least 2 crappy designs, and a few good ones. Nishimura and Amemiya provided the best designs. They were by far the most consistent in terms of expressing the unique style of the artist, and also in terms of making the demons stand out.

Here's how I would rate them.

Tamotsu Shinohara:
Shit - Minotaur, Napaea, Dullahan
Good - Koga Saburo, Chemtrail, Ancient of Days, Sanat
Whatever - Tenkai

Yasushi Nirasawa:
Shit - Centaur, Medusa
Good - Asmodeus, Michizane, Lucifer, Masakado

Kyouma Aki:
Shit - Yamato Takeru, Kenji, Astaroth
Good - Kuebiko

Yoshihiro Nishimura:
Good - Omoikane, Pluto, P-Army, Yaso Magatsuhi

Keita Amemiya:
Good - Lilith, Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, Uriel, Merkabah

You have to also keep in mind that the designers for the new demons were hired for a unique reason - other than Kyouma Aki (who probably got the gig because he adapted the Persona designs for the P4 and P3 anime adaptations) the designers are all big name designers in Japanese tokusatsu shows like Kamen Rider. The director of SMT4 is a huge fan of the genre, and he's been waiting for a chance to collaborate with these talents for a long time now. They definitely delivered in terms of providing designs which matched the tone of the work they're known for. I would say that after getting over the silly designs of Napaea, Centaur, Minotaur, and Medusa (omg the WORST!), the rest of the new designs throughout the game worked really well. They fit into the tone of the setting, and matched the roles the demons serve in the story of SMT4.

Soulhouf

You have to also keep in mind that the designers for the new demons were hired for a unique reason - other than Kyouma Aki (who probably got the gig because he adapted the Persona designs for the P4 and P3 anime adaptations) the designers are all big name designers in Japanese tokusatsu shows like Kamen Rider. The director of SMT4 is a huge fan of the genre, and he's been waiting for a chance to collaborate with these talents for a long time now. They definitely delivered in terms of providing designs which matched the tone of the work they're known for. I would say that after getting over the silly designs of Napaea, Centaur, Minotaur, and Medusa (omg the WORST!), the rest of the new designs throughout the game worked really well. They fit into the tone of the setting, and matched the roles the demons serve in the story of SMT4.

Yeah, I've read that somewhere.
It's more of an inconsistency and bad decisions IMO rather than a bad design most of the time. They delivered a design that matched the tone of the work they are known for but not necessarily SMT's tone.

For example [spoiler warning regarding the end boss]
Who had the idea to make Lucifer a diseased alien? His second form is more acceptable but still pretty crap.
C'mon, this is one of the most important demons in the game, how did they screw him this badly?
I felt really offended by that.
It's even more disappointing when you see what Nirasawa is capable of.

I would like to see a megaten spin off entirely done by Nirasawa with his surrealistic unique style without being influenced by the others.

Here's how I would rate the new designs.

Tamotsu Shinohara:
Shit - Napaea, Dullahan, Tenkai
Meh - Koga Saburo, Ancient of Days
Good - Minotaur
??? - Chemtrail, Sanat <- didn't see them yet

Yasushi Nirasawa:
Shit - Lucifer, Masakado
Meh - Centaur, Medusa, Asmodeus, Asmodeus, Michizane
Good -

Kyouma Aki:
Shit - Astaroth, Kuebiko
Good - Yamato Takeru, Kenji

Yoshihiro Nishimura:
Good - Omoikane, Pluto, P-Army, Yaso Magatsuhi

Keita Amemiya:
Meh - Lilith, Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, Uriel, Merkabah

At least we both agree that Yoshihiro Nishimura did a good job.

GeekyDad

Disagree. I like all of those demon designs, especially Asmodeus. I didn't even mind Medusa's sprite, though I know it's probably the most-hated design in the game. I thought it was fitting. Either way, I enjoyed pretty much all of those contributions. I think only one demon in this game kinda stood out for me as being out of place, and it was the gangster-looking, be-bop ghoul thing.

duckroll

I think SMT's tone is whatever the creators want to make of it though. There were a lot of comments about how SMT3 didn't really feel anything like a real SMT game when it came out too. Maybe less so in the west since no one had played a SMT game before that. It was a huge departure in many ways.

I think some of the new Kaneko demon designs for SMT:SJ pretty much sucked too, so it's not like he's incapable of making pretty meh designs. The character designs in SMT4 are an even larger departure from the style of Kaneko's character designs for other SMT games. Clearly the intention here was to create a true SMT sequel without relying on Kaneko's trademark visual style. They probably wanted to see if they could capture the concept of SMT without being restricted or limited to Kaneko's vision. It's a good idea too, since any franchise which relies on one or two people too much will eventually have problems if either those people aren't interested in working anymore, or they start to suck, or they die.

Soulhouf

I think SMT's tone is whatever the creators want to make of it though. There were a lot of comments about how SMT3 didn't really feel anything like a real SMT game when it came out too. Maybe less so in the west since no one had played a SMT game before that. It was a huge departure in many ways.

I think some of the new Kaneko demon designs for SMT:SJ pretty much sucked too, so it's not like he's incapable of making pretty meh designs. The character designs in SMT4 are an even larger departure from the style of Kaneko's character designs for other SMT games. Clearly the intention here was to create a true SMT sequel without relying on Kaneko's trademark visual style. They probably wanted to see if they could capture the concept of SMT without being restricted or limited to Kaneko's vision. It's a good idea too, since any franchise which relies on one or two people too much will eventually have problems if either those people aren't interested in working anymore, or they start to suck, or they die.

I agree with the general statement, but a game needs to have a consistent art direction. SMTIV is the work of many artists who worked on character and demons design. While the chara design felt consistent, demon design lacked that consistency.
It felt like a cross over or something in that regard.

As I said, I would really like to see another megaten with one new artist who draws all the demons like in Majin Tensei or Giten Megami Tensei. Even if the result isn't as good as Kaneko's art, at least it's consistent.

As an aside note, I'm curious, which demons did you find badly designed in Strange Journey?
Because I liked all the new designs Kaneko made for that one.

duckroll

I agree with the general statement, but a game needs to have a consistent art direction. SMTIV is the work of many artists who worked on character and demons design. While the chara design felt consistent, demon design lacked that consistency.
It felt like a cross over or something in that regard.

As I said, I would really like to see another megaten with one new artist who draws all the demons like in Majin Tensei or Giten Megami Tensei. Even if the result isn't as good as Kaneko's art, at least it's consistent.

As an aside note, I'm curious, which demons did you find badly designed in Strange Journey?
Because I liked all the new designs Kaneko made for that one.

I don't think the demon design being inconsistent is entirely fault of the new designers though. Even if we take all the new designs away, and just stick with the 300++ demons which are all designed by Kaneko over the span of two decades or so, the demon artwork would still look horribly inconsistent. Kaneko's own style has changed significantly over the years in terms of coloring, details, and linework.

By mixing and matching so many different eras of Kaneko in one package, it wasn't going to look consistent. So I don't think the new designers made it worse, they just made it more interesting. I really love Amemiya's work on the major angel designs. It fit what the story was going for perfectly.

For Strange Journey, I think that the pet demon thing which was part of the chaos hero's story was pretty dorky looking, the new Orcus design is really shitty, and Mem Aleph was pretty bad too. Definitely disappointing as the final boss in the game.

Rhapsody

Banned
So I'm at the part where
I see the cocoon and the angels. I'm guessing this is where I choose between law/chaos with Jonathan and Walter? Also, while I'm pretty sure I failed the requirements, I'm guessing that talking to Isabeau would've led to the neutral path if I made the right choices?

duckroll

So I'm at the part where
I see the cocoon and the angels. I'm guessing this is where I choose between law/chaos with Jonathan and Walter? Also, while I'm pretty sure I failed the requirements, I'm guessing that talking to Isabeau would've led to the neutral path if I made the right choices?

No, this is not the alignment lock. You can only choose one or the other for the next part of the game. The alignment lock is quite a while later. You can still build points to shift in one direction or the other.

Hylian7

So I need a demon with Salvation, Silent Prayer or both for a certain boss. I can't fuse any demons that have it. The boss in question:
Beelzebub

I have Desperate Hit, but it's not enough to survive more than two turns. Any ideas? This boss is even more bullshit than the last one I had trouble with:
King Kenji

Soulhouf

I don't think the demon design being inconsistent is entirely fault of the new designers though. Even if we take all the new designs away, and just stick with the 300++ demons which are all designed by Kaneko over the span of two decades or so, the demon artwork would still look horribly inconsistent. Kaneko's own style has changed significantly over the years in terms of coloring, details, and linework.

By mixing and matching so many different eras of Kaneko in one package, it wasn't going to look consistent. So I don't think the new designers made it worse, they just made it more interesting. I really love Amemiya's work on the major angel designs. It fit what the story was going for perfectly.

For Strange Journey, I think that the pet demon thing which was part of the chaos hero's story was pretty dorky looking, the new Orcus design is really shitty, and Mem Aleph was pretty bad too. Definitely disappointing as the final boss in the game.

Well, since Devil Summoner (and Soul Hackers) Kaneko's style changed considerably and he redesigned most of the old demons who even today still look great.
Lilith for instance has been redesigned 4 or 5 times.
So basically I don't agree that his style isn't consistent during the last 15 years (99% of the demons in SMTIV are post Devil Summoner designs). Even so, his style is so distinctive and unique.

I found Bugaboo's design awesome. I mean, he has a diaper :D
Mem Aleph had a great design as well. Very imposing. Definitely an impressive end boss.
I also like Orcus, who is a new demon in Strange Journey. The old Orcus is now called Horcus.

twelver

Question about the fiends:

For the Toyosou shelter for instance, do I need to keep reloading my game everytime I go in there and walk to the center, or can I just run out to the elevator and come back in via elevator??

Thanks.

Question about the fiends:

For the Toyosou shelter for instance, do I need to keep reloading my game everytime I go in there and walk to the center, or can I just run out to the elevator and come back in via elevator??

Thanks.

I personally haven't read one way or another any confirmation on whether taking the elevator repeatedly without reloading would work. I just used the save on world map > take elevator > check spot > reload method. I figure everybody knows that way works, so they wouldn't want to spend hours testing just taking the elevator if there's a chance that doesn't reset the spawn chance.

Does anyone know of a good deal going around for the game? I'm hoping to get within $10 of breaking even when the Nintendo promotion is brought to bear.

I got the Chaos ending, chose New Life Plus.

Ugh, I kind of regret not bringing over my app points, money and equipment. I don't want to mow through the game again, but now that I've gone through about 1/3 of the game, it feels a little stale doing this new game all over again (doing the core story quests, etc), but I am still enjoying it. It's just that once you beat the game at level 85+ with all these cool ass demons, it sucks starting back from the bottom again. I do, however, want to go neutral this time around (I was going to do Law, but I heard Neutral is harder and a lot more lengthy), and I did miss out on a whole bunch of sidequests, exclusive demons and I didn't even run into any "Fiend" demons on my first playthrough.

The game hasn't lost it's complete charm on me yet, I'll just have to eat the level progression loss and keep playing. Awesome game, I just wish I would have chosen Reincarnation instead. Although I wanted to keep a challenge balance in the game -- I didn't want to just mow through the game. The first dungeon on NG+ is still as unforgiving as ever though...

Losing all of your apps like Scout+, Scout Gift, Scout Stat Plug In, etc really blows. =/

I beat the game over a week ago & didn't report in.

Neutral route, 70 hrs. Damn it felt good.

So are the DLC boss fights worth the challenge & do they offer any extra story tidbits?

duckroll

So are the DLC boss fights worth the challenge & do they offer any extra story tidbits?

They do add story bits, and they're pretty good fights. Clipped Wings Part 1 will probably be pretty easy for anyone who has beaten the game once you have the right set up to exploit the two bosses in a row, but starting from Clipped Wings Part 2, the bosses all have new tricks up their sleeve which make them pretty fun to fight. Definitely challenging.

They do add story bits, and they're pretty good fights. Clipped Wings Part 1 will probably be pretty easy for anyone who has beaten the game once you have the right set up to exploit the two bosses in a row, but starting from Clipped Wings Part 2, the bosses all have new tricks up their sleeve which make them pretty fun to fight. Definitely challenging.

Oh yeah <3

So any thoughts on where the series goes next?

I have a feeling we will see another SMT sooner than expected. Probably not mainline, kinda like Strange Journey. I assume this because Atlus has a habit of recycling assets, they have plenty to use from this game. Maybe a modern Raidou game?

Story wise? Not sure really. I do miss the alien feel of Nocturne, and my favorite part really was Infernal Tokyo as that felt truly apocalyptic.

What do you guys think?

Also, any good online resources or discussions about the plot of SMTIV?

So any thoughts on where the series goes next?

I have a feeling we will see another SMT sooner than expected. Probably not mainline, kinda like Strange Journey. I assume this because Atlus has a habit of recycling assets, they have plenty to use from this game. Maybe a modern Raidou game?

Story wise? Not sure really. I do miss the alien feel of Nocturne, and my favorite part really was Infernal Tokyo as that felt truly apocalyptic.

What do you guys think?

Also, any good online resources or discussions about the plot of SMTIV?

Can you even go inside the other cities when you help out Akira during the Infernal Tokyo chapter? Every time I tried to enter, there were always guards there and Akira would be like "let's get outta here man"

Yes but only in the Chaos and Neutral postgame.

When you mean postgame, do you mean newgameplus? Or do you mean save before the final battle and go back before you beat up the final boss (I beat the game on Chaos route) Sorry, this whole New Game Plus thing is confusing me for in this game

When you mean postgame, do you mean newgameplus? Or do you mean save before the final battle and go back before you beat up the final boss (I beat the game on Chaos route) Sorry, this whole New Game Plus thing is confusing me for in this game

You don't have to begin NG+. For the Chaos route, just return to Camp Ichigaya and push the button in front of the Yamato reactor at any time before the final boss.

You don't have to begin NG+. For the Chaos route, just return to Camp Ichigaya and push the button in front of the Yamato reactor at any time before the final boss.

Wow. I did not know that. After Akira I went back to "modern" Tokyo and I went to the Purgatory, then did some more exploring (went down south to that new area) in Tokyo and went back to the Purgatory again to fight the angels and the final boss. I had no idea you could return back to Infernal Tokyo at the Camp at any given point (if I'm understanding you correctly)

Yep. You can return to Blasted Tokyo too, if you want, but only Infernal Tokyo gets new content.

Awww man I already started my New Life Plus file! But thanks a lot! You've been a big help! Now my 2nd playthrough (or cycle) will be twice as long because of this! Thanks! I had originally thought once you left, you couldn't go back. Will completing sidequests in Blasted and Infernal contribute to the Law-/+Chaos factor?

Hylian7

Beelzebub is damn near impossible. There's nothing you can do against a double Megidolaon. I have Salvation for all the sick, not enough if he can just take down the demon that has it every turn. I have Charge and Desperate Hit, but still cannot survive long enough to kill this asshole. I even have demons with resistances to gun and elec, and it doesn't matter. He just gets his smirks from the others instead.

Top Bottom