• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

zroid

Banned
first thing I must do obviously is pop dat music CD in

also just need to reiterate how impressive the book is. for a free bonus, this thing is rad.

Busaiku

Yes, not right away though.

Spoiler:
demons can teach you spells and skills. They whisper them to you during level ups.

See this, is what I expected for Soul Hackers, but nope.
Instead they let us pump points into magic stuff with no way of knowing the player character would never learn magic.

This game is tough...

I didn't anticipate this. I thought I was prepared.

I was not prepared.

Awesome. I was worried when I read that the only difficulty you could play on was normal starting out and couldn't "unlock" hard difficulty until after completing the game (I absolutely hate that).

Anyone who has played the game for a lot longer (such as the Japanese version) care to comment on whether the "normal" difficulty stays reasonably difficult a good way into the game?

Glad my copy shipped. Cannot wait to play this.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
At this point I'd advise people to NOT check any videos or articles with comments enabled about this game. There's always an asshole that could spoil things for you.

Takuan

Contemplating checking out a local EB to see if I can just walk in and buy a launch copy.

Anyone from Canada that ordered from EBGames.ca get their order processed/shipped yet? I don't recall them ever taking this long, so I'm starting to get a bit worried. D:
Yep, and my shit's still in "OPEN" status.

Edit: Oh wtf, it's not even out yet! NM, will patiently wait for tomorrow.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Anyone from Canada that ordered from EBGames.ca get their order processed/shipped yet? I don't recall them ever taking this long, so I'm starting to get a bit worried. D:

Taborcarn

I got my 3DS a couple weeks ago for Fire Emblem and this game, and now I get a $30 bonus. I think I'm doing it right.
My Amazon copy is "Shipping Now", expected delivery date the 16th,

Takuan

My Futureshop order came too! I'm so happy. ;_;

My fellow Canadian, does Futureshop get those "launch" copies too? Hell, does Best Buy? I am willing to scour the locations in my area just for a chance to play tonight, provided I gets my book.

jorgeton

mikado -> Tokyo reminds me of leaving midgar in ff7 and hitting the world map for the 1st time.

This game is awesome you guys...

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Guys who are getting the game from Newegg, don't forget to report on the condition of the copy you received (remember that they ship games in those crappy bubble wrapped envelopes).

Kade

My fellow Canadian, does Futureshop get those "launch" copies too? Hell, does Best Buy? I am willing to scour the locations in my area just for a chance to play tonight, provided I gets my book.

The Future Shop shipped copies were the launch edition ones. Don't know if they have them reserved for pre-orderers in store though. You could get lucky.

Eusis

Not shipped yet, Amazon. Will be frustrating if it's late, but so long as it's that first print package I guess it won't be a big deal.

brinstar

mikado -> Tokyo reminds me of leaving midgar in ff7 and hitting the world map for the 1st time.

This game is awesome you guys...

Yeah I just went through the same thing a few minutes ago. Like my jaw dropped, haha. I can't wait to play more but I have to pry myself away for now to get some work done.

Takuan

The Future Shop shipped copies were the launch edition ones. Don't know if they have them reserved for pre-orderers in store though. You could get lucky.

Thanks. Won't hurt to check 'em out. Chances are they won't breaking the street date, but you never know.

Tirod

Not shipped yet, Amazon. Will be frustrating if it's late, but so long as it's that first print package I guess it won't be a big deal.

I'm in the same position as you. I really want this to be here tomorrow to break this pattern of day after day being at work, slogging my way through each shift.

I just want to fuse my Jack Frost, ho. ;-;

Saibastian

Neo Member
I'm in the same position as you. I really want this to be here tomorrow to break this pattern of day after day being at work, slogging my way through each shift.

I just want to fuse my Jack Frost, ho. ;-;
I had a chat with support, I was assured that if you qualify for release day shipping, it will get there on the 16th. I'm in cali so perhaps it hasn't shipped yet because of the amazon shipping center we have here.

Top Bottom