• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I decided to buy it at retail rather than eShop, too many goodies in the retail version, guide and CD are sweet!

I'll be able to play in 2 or so hours, goddamn work!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Ahhhh!

Spoiler for one of the Challenge Quests:
Dat Dance of the Dead. I first got creamed by one of the Calamity Hordes so I reset the whole console and try again. I could basically do 2 in a row and then ran back to the barracks for healing. Except I decided to stay and kill the final horde...GODDAMN DAVID HAHAHA. Scared the crap out of me. I did him in my first try too. Only had Flynn and 1 demon left standing.

Lucent

Why my stuff not at my door yet...

Some of these posts about bubble mailer scaring me. I didn't think Amazon was stupid enough to use a bubble mailer for this....

I can confirm that they used bubble mailer for me. The box was just a little indented on the front near the top =/ but wasn't major. The contents are in perfect shape though.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Could somebody do #19 Kudlak for me?

Of course!

iboxLZee6oaSag.png

And also:

ibpyKcZBev2SmQ.png

iXqrd7TLWOguH.png

Esura

Banned
I can confirm that they used bubble mailer for me. The box was just a little indented on the front near the top =/ but wasn't major. The contents are in perfect shape though.

Oh...that sucks. I'm hoping mines don't get crushed...

I think I might just cancel all my other Amazon preorders at this point with all this bubble mailer foolishness and just preorder at Gamestop.

suzu

I see the avatar thing is still going. :) Some of those are already taken though from earlier in the thread. lol. I guess if people don't mind having the same avatar, it's coo.

I'm jealous of you guys that have the game already! Gonna play The Last of Us and ACNL until it gets here from Amazon...

FluxWaveZ

Club Nintendo's getting hammered or something because things are being real unresponsive.

Also, love the strategy guide, but there's no way I'm reading it before diving in. I'll probably look into it if I ever get stuck.

Busaiku

Hope that means the game was a success.
I did see someone else buying it when I went at 10:30, which is pretty rare for these types of games in my area.

Ahhhh!

Spoiler for one of the Challenge Quests:
Dat Dance of the Dead. I first got creamed by one of the Calamity Hordes so I reset the whole console and try again. I could basically do 2 in a row and then ran back to the barracks for healing. Except I decided to stay and kill the final horde...GODDAMN DAVID HAHAHA. Scared the crap out of me. I did him in my first try too. Only had Flynn and 1 demon left standing.

From now on, whenever you do those kinds of quests, always expect a tough boss fight immediately after the last target.

Watashiwa

1. Yoshitsune
2. Amaterasu
3. Mothman
4. Scathach
5. Cu Chulainn
6. Yatsufusa
7. Hua Po
8. Cait Sith
9. Thor
10. Yaksini
11. Mokoi
12. Kikuri-Hime
13. Beelzebub
14. Ose
15. Moh Shuvuu
16. Tam Lin
17. Cerberus
18. Angel
19. Kudlak
20. Kresnik
21. Slime
22. Sati
23. Jack Frost
24. Metatron
25. Mother Harlot
26. Decarabia
27. Barong
28. Rangda
29. Shiva
30. Norn
31. Ippon-Datara
32. Yurlungur
33. Cybele
34. Masakado
35. Joan of Arc
36. (clockwise from top) Saki Mitama, Ara Mitama, Kusi Mitama, Nigi Mitama
37. Mara
38. Anat
39. Samael
40. Seere
41. Girimekhala
42. Raja Naga
43. Nekomata
44. Halphas and Shax
45. Odin
46. (Left to right): Atropos, Lachesis, Clotho
47. Orthrus
48. Belial
49. Nebiros
50. Alice
51. Hitokoto-Nushi
52. Abihiko (left) Nagasunehiko (right)
53 Ame-no-Torifune
54. Lailah
55. Inugami
56.Throne
57. Amazon
58. Dominion
59. Black Frost
60. Peri
61. Uka-no-Mitama
62. Gashadokuro
63. Pyro Jack
64. Titania
65. Oberon
66. Anzu
67. Kohryu
68. Mot
69. Lilith
70. Susano-o
71. Pisaca
72. Principality
73. Oni
74. Vivian
75. Ichimokuren
76. White Rider
77. Okuninushi+Hare of Inaba
78. Silky
79. Nue
80. Alraune
81. Nyarlathotep
82. Astaroth
83. Osichi
84. Koropokkur
85. Belphegor
86. Kartikeya
87. Acheri
88. Loki
89. Neko Shogun
90. Sarasvati
91. Arahabaki
92. Obariyon
93. Vishnu
94. Lilim
95. Poltergeist
96. (Yamata-no-)Orochi
97. Shiki-Ouji
98. Lucifer
99. Pixie
100. Demi-fiend

There, done. FINALLY. Ran into a problem at 44, though it just occurred to me that it might be Shax.

Can someone tell me what effect your alignment has on your demons? Is it as pronounced as it was in Strange Journey? I loved that system. Made each playthrough unique.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I imagine my bro Daimaou who reps the Kaneko Beelzebub would want in on that action.

Can someone make me a Beelzebub one? Assuming he's not taken already.

Message board co-op action!

From now on, whenever you do those kinds of quests, always expect a tough boss fight immediately after the last target.

Will do. I love the fact that the game is not scared of casually dropping tough bosses, left and right.

Dammit! I was in the shower when the delivery guy came to my house. I would guess that they will resend the package to me tomorrow?

They should. If they miss you too many times though, they'll bring the package back to their distribution center.

If you're worried, leave a note on your door and sign it, saying you consent to having them leave the package on your doorstep. Most carriers will honor that.

Just picked it up at Gamestop. Was worried they weren't going to sell it to me if I hadn't reserved. The packaging is great! Book is way better than I thought it would be. Now I just have to wait till I get off work....

imBask

Banned
okay this is my first SMT game (played persona though), just got my first level up and I really don't want to fuck this up. Any recommendation on builds?

Sera O

Banned
I'm impressed by the book it comes with. It's not cheap at all.

Also: Damn it, Nintendo, get your site back online. I wanna register this thing. =/

ibrfNANMItmQV5.png

Wanna claim her. Thanks.

I won't lie, I'm kinda salty that you claimed my main man Oukuninushi... and you thought he was some random girl...

Okay, I'm over it!

I got my pre-order call yesterday afternoon. Can't wait to check this out. I laughed when I went to the eb games website and saw there was some hoodie equipment thing for preordering from there. It didn't look very motivating at all.

Soulhouf

Holy shit. It is possible to further the text by just pressing down the D-pad instead of A \o/
I could never imagined that this would be used again. The last one that had it was Devil Summoner IIRC.

This is huge.

Top Bottom