• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

FluxWaveZ

I have a Gamestop armor code, anyone willing to trade for the Amazon armor?

Do the codes work yet? The message I'm getting when I try to input the GameStop costume code is:

Error Code: 007-1217
"The software that corresponds to the code you entered is not currently being distributed."

Edit: Wait, nevermind. The code's apparently supposed to be added in-game.

Tiktaalik

wow the special strategy + design book that comes with SMT is serious business.. 176 pages. First time I've seen something like this since Earthbound

Mine was on the doorstep when I got home. Nicely packed as usual and Amazon even managed to attach the Black Lagoon (anime) bluray set I ordered from the sale yesterday morning to it.

Looking forward to digging in and discovering the game of my own accord/avoid spoilers.

Stoof

All the chibis everywhere is awesome. I still can't play it yet because my 3DS is being used atm but that doesn't stop the box from sitting there and taunting me. T_T

Busaiku

I dunno, I've really been liking the Gamestop armor.
Most of the enemies thus far have been using magic, so I've done okay.

I got mine a couple hours ago, definitely living up to the hype so far. I also got my $30 eshop voucher and spent that on Animal crossing.

Today is a pretty good day!

Lucent

CZWHVnm.jpg

Okay I'm sorry but one more pic. These two sides were the only parts that really got damaged but I mean the box isn't exactly strong.

Amazon should really put cardboard or something into consideration when shipping games that aren't just the games themselves. =/

Sorry for the people who are already worried and sickened by the images.

Just picked mine up and I'm diving in now. I just learned the hard way that along with being gaudy as hell, the Gamestop armor is also a straight death trap in that first quest. I got taken out in a single turn. That'll teach me to pay better attention to resistances though. :p

Bisonian

Okay I'm sorry but one more pic. These two sides were the only parts that really got damaged but I mean the box isn't exactly strong.

Amazon should really put cardboard or something into consideration when shipping games that aren't just the games themselves. =/

Sorry for the people who are already worried and sickened by the images.

That looks almost exactly how mine does. One on the side a little smaller than that crease, and one on the top. :\

You can ignore all the xp items and just get it for the quest and the demon you get (even if its just a demon already in the game with a different color and skill set)

Thanks for the info, I'll probably just steer clear. Doesn't sound like really thrilling content.

Are there any video reviews of this game up? I can't seem to find any.

Also, what's the cheapest place to buy? I'm new to the series, so the $50 package doesn't really interest me. Is that a Gamestop exclusive deal anyway?

coopolon

I had two nice packages waiting on my front doorstep today.

I also have Devil Survivor Overclocked arriving later this week. Just bought my 3ds last Friday and I'm kind of going crazy. I should be good for now though.

Clockwork5

I am too excited for this, only one hour until I can leave work and pick it up. I told my band I am sick, haha! No practice tonight, only my first steps in the SMT universe. I cant wait, I have never played an SMT game or any of the spin offs. In fact, the first ATLUS game I played was EO4. Did i say I am excited?

Also, what's the cheapest place to buy? I'm new to the series, so the $50 package doesn't really interest me. Is that a Gamestop exclusive deal anyway?

MSRP is $50. Some people got deals by preordering from from certain sites, but other than that $50 is what you're going to pay.

All first run copies are the package deal so even once those run out it will still sell for $50 bar any future sales.

DSGamer

Neo Member
Wondering if I would like this game. I typically don't play JRPGs. I usually play SRPGs. I think the only strict JRPGs I've ever played are FF1, Pokemon (if you count that), DQ IX and Persona 4 Golden. Based mostly on my love of Persona 4 I'm considering this game. I know they're completely different games in many ways. So I'm not trying to translate my interest in Persona 4 to SMT mainline. I'm just wondering what elements from Persona, if any, would I recognize and enjoy in SMT IV.

Also, I'm wondering if there are other games or series to which SMT IV could be compared in terms of story, theme, tone, gameplay, etc.

Midou

Magic is supposed to be better. Actually I heard people like to have one of every element (Agi, Bufu, Zio, Zan) on their MC to exploit weaknesses.

I'm 2 hours in and already got all but Agi on him, and just got an Agi demon, that is my general plan.

Cbajd5

Wait, people's copies from Amazon were damaged?

Mine came in a box, wrapped in plastic so that it was attached to another piece of cardboard with the order slip.

Front Picture

Back Picture

There's a little ding on the front I guess, but I think I did that.

I'm going to start playing it later.

Aeana

Wait, people's copies from Amazon were damaged?

Mine came in a box, wrapped in plastic so that it was attached to another piece of cardboard with the order slip.

Front Picture

Back Picture

There's a little ding on the front I guess, but I think I did that.

I'm going to start playing it later.
Seems like you're the only one who didn't get a bubble mailer. Amazon is so weird.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The difficulty to start is considerably higher then Nocturne. Holy shit, and not in a good way.

I should not be killed in battle before I even have a chance to act.

Edit: And easy now seems a bit too easy... oh well, not giving up yet.

Stoof

Seems like you're the only one who didn't get a bubble mailer. Amazon is so weird.
Amazon always sends my games in a bubble mailer but I got a box this time since I ordered DW8 as well. After looking at those images above, I'm glad I did that.

Velcro Fly

If mine comes damaged I'm going to complain to Amazon. Even if I don't get any credit back I want them to know their shipping policies suck. It's already bad enough they hosed the shit out of me on getting the Soul Hackers CD with Warehouse Deals saying it was "Like New" when it came case and cart only. Not going to take a dinged box lying down this time.

vall03

I'm not liking the 3D of the game at all, its like EOIV all over again :( Oh well, turning it off will help add an hour to the battery life.

Cbajd5

I guess they like me, I've had Prime through Amazon Student for three years now I think.

And I've spent way too much money on stuff from there too.

Amazon always sends my games in a bubble mailer but I got a box this time since I ordered DW8 as well. After looking at those images above, I'm glad I did that.

I didn't order anything else with my copy, so I will continue to feel special.

Fandangox

I just got my copy and read a bit of the design part of the book.
Gotta agree with whoever said earlier designs looked better, I kind of liked the all-black garb too.

Can't listen to the album ost cause I have no DVD here and I have just a desktop. Also can't play the game because I don't even own the system yet.

Here's looking forward to eventually play it!

Someday!

Draconian

My box got bent too. I wish Amazon would've sent it in a cardboard box, but at the same time, I wish Atlus would've put something in the package to support the top half. The package as a whole is very nice, but it was very awkwardly compiled together.

Tbf it's only a minor bend at the top of the box, but yeah, it's a shame.

Top Bottom