• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Looks like my 2GB SD card is full. Whats the best way to transfer from one card to a bigger one? Is it as simple as dragging or do I need to download some specific nintendy tool?

Okay I'm sorry but one more pic. These two sides were the only parts that really got damaged but I mean the box isn't exactly strong.

Amazon should really put cardboard or something into consideration when shipping games that aren't just the games themselves. =/

Sorry for the people who are already worried and sickened by the images.

Same shit happened to me. The last few games like this I got from amazon have all been in padded envelopes rather than boxes. Very frustrating.

I also ordered from Amazon and it shipped in great condition (can't take pics right now). I did have a hardcover book along with the order, so that may have helped.

Thorakai

Amazon pulled bubble mail on me too, fortunately I didn't really care about the box and the only damage to the guide was relegated to the top left corner. Real shitty for Amazon to skimp out on packaging regardless.

Soriku

Wondering if I would like this game. I typically don't play JRPGs. I usually play SRPGs. I think the only strict JRPGs I've ever played are FF1, Pokemon (if you count that), DQ IX and Persona 4 Golden. Based mostly on my love of Persona 4 I'm considering this game. I know they're completely different games in many ways. So I'm not trying to translate my interest in Persona 4 to SMT mainline. I'm just wondering what elements from Persona, if any, would I recognize and enjoy in SMT IV.

Also, I'm wondering if there are other games or series to which SMT IV could be compared in terms of story, theme, tone, gameplay, etc.

SMT IV has demon (called Personas in Persona) fusion and the battle system also relies on you exploiting weaknesses to gain an advantage. It also has the same familiar skills like Agi and Bufu and whatnot.

Other than that it's different tonally from Persona, and the soundtracks are different (but still as amazing) as well.

SMT is pretty unique, you couldn't really compare it to anything. I guess the Souls series has a similar "you vs. the world" tone to it (though at least you get demons to join you in SMT and you can join different factions eventually) but that's about it.

Gamestop armor apparently makes you weak to phys/gun/light/dark, so . . . yeah. lol.

#Dead

Velcro Fly

Looks like my 2GB SD card is full. Whats the best way to transfer from one card to a bigger one? Is it as simple as dragging or do I need to download some specific nintendy tool?

Yeah I think I just cut and pasted my stuff from my SD card to my laptop and then put my new one in and put all the stuff on my new card. Worked fine for me but I have no idea if there are any risks involved with doing it that way.

Yeah I think I just cut and pasted my stuff from my SD card to my laptop and then put my new one in and put all the stuff on my new card. Worked fine for me but I have no idea if there are any risks involved with doing it that way.

There are none, just copy the SD card to your computer and onto the new SD card. That's it.

Thorakai

I just did a SD card transfer just now with all my data and saves (including Animal Crossing!) in tact. I used the tool on this website https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ given by Nintendo to format the SD card properly using these http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/13288 instructions.

TEJ

When does the story start getting dark and unsettling? Beat the first dungeon and it seems like a fairly standard story which is not really something I want from a mainline smt game.

Eusis

I'm not liking the 3D of the game at all, its like EOIV all over again :( Oh well, turning it off will help add an hour to the battery life.
Is it just a single plane again? It's so weird that Soul Hackers of all the damn games got that one right.

Shame they didn't just go "ok we're just not supporting 3D" as they could probably get more mileage out of the system that way. Well, maybe only a little if that's why it's a flat plane in the first place.

Any more cool avatars left?

I think this should answer your question :D

jNDKVGE.jpgttp:

I gotta be fast about this, so I'd love to throw my hat in the ring for number 84. I could totally throw him into paint and sloppily remove the numbers, but if anyone more skilled is feeling generous I'd also love a transparent background. I can only offer my undying love and appreciation in return.

Amazon is estimating my delivery date as the 19th, but according to the tracker my package is in West Virginia right now (I live in Virginia), so maybe I could get the game tomorrow. I'll dare to believe until then, at least. It would be two less days to be jealous of everyone else in here.

coopolon

Wait, people's copies from Amazon were damaged?

Mine came in a box, wrapped in plastic so that it was attached to another piece of cardboard with the order slip.

Front Picture

Back Picture

There's a little ding on the front I guess, but I think I did that.

I'm going to start playing it later.

Seems like you're the only one who didn't get a bubble mailer. Amazon is so weird.

my amazon order came in a box and in perfect condition. It was on a cardboard sheet with plastic wrap sealing it to the sheet so it wouldn't move around at all. I've never had a problem with Amazon shipping.

Mozendo

No dibs on Dominion yet?
Can someone please avatar-fy him for me? I'm not good at the photoshops and MS paint and gimps.

Edit: Thank you suzu!

Sera O

Banned
Amazon armor is only weak to Gun

That's kind of ironic, since it's covered in flying amazon boners.

Anyone gotten the EB games one yet? Curious about weaknesses for that. I was just going to ignore it thinking it was cosmetic but perhaps it will be somewhat useful.

Velcro Fly

My copy is shipping from the Amazon place in Whitestown, IN. I live in Indiana near Chicago. Swear to God if it takes until Saturday to get it across the state I'm going to be unhappy.

-GW-

Neo Member
I've cropped #66 out. If someone could provide a transparent background and no number, that would be awesome, I don't really know photoshop too well.

Keyouta

Took this avatar. Liking the game, but my battery died out and I won't be home for another 5 hours, so that's lame!

My order came in from Futureshop bubble-wrapped, the corners of the box are squished :(

Who made the bizarre decision to only bubble wrap this? Why not use a cardboard box?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The boss theme in this game is about the single best boss theme I've heard in a game. It's brutal as hell. Man this shit is pumping me up something fierce.

This is waiting on my doorstep now and it's killing me.
I don't get home from work for another hour still so I hope chibi #96 Orochi is still there for me to grab and 'shop by the time I do.

vall03

Is it just a single plane again? It's so weird that Soul Hackers of all the damn games got that one right.

Shame they didn't just go "ok we're just not supporting 3D" as they could probably get more mileage out of the system that way. Well, maybe only a little if that's why it's a flat plane in the first place.
Not sure about the technicalities of this stuff but it hurts my eyes just like in EOIV. And yeah, really weird that Soul Hackers 3D was actually good.

Also, demons are bank robbers lol

Top Bottom