• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Garland7G

Yeah, I wonder if Club Nintendo's being unresponsive specifically because of the SMTIV and Fire Emblem: Awakening promotion. That'd be pretty funny.

Most likely from the gold/plat rewards stuff, but it would be pretty funny.
About an hour in and about to fight my first demon, so the consensus on the gamestop outfit is that its not as good as the starting one you get?

suzu

*fistbump*

I made one myself, but I'm not savvy enough to make it transparent or remove the number, so if anyone would want to do that for me they'd have my gratitude.

AjnXAvG.png

chrono01

mine arrived, slightly banged up thanks to Amazon using bubble mailers.
Damn here. One of my corners is decently busted in. -_-

No bubble-mailers for Special Editions, Amazon, especially those with flimsy cardboard. What happened to those cardboard mailers they used to send out?

Also, no DLC code yet Amazon.ca. I sent them an email.

pahamrick

This game is amazing, I love the UI and presentation. So slick, all the way around. I feel like I'm cheating by saving after every battle / successful negotiation but then again I probably died closed to 6 times in the tutorial dungeon until I finally got a full team of demons.

Kimawolf

Ihave only played about an hour of it, but man is this game hard and I like it, lol I got killed by a demon who said she wanted to show me her friendship then kicked my ass. And I think this game looks great especially the sprites and in 3d. I am lovin it.

Nags

Banned
Had a copy since last Tuesday but now I have 4 sealed copies sitting in my war chest (so 5 total). I went a little over board.

Oh, Time and Eternity arrived today too lol. Maybe I'll crack that open in the next few months.

I'm happy to make any others that people might want!

Got my game though, so I'll be a bit slower with it.

Susano-o (70) pls.

Thanks a bunch. Photoshop totally damn near nuked my computer right now lol.

My game came too. Amazon sent mine in a cardboard box.

awww yeeaaah

Ihave only played about an hour of it, but man is this game hard and I like it, lol I got killed by a demon who said she wanted to show me her friendship then kicked my ass. And I think this game looks great especially the sprites and in 3d. I am lovin it.

Always be suspicious when a demon seems too nice. Always.

Wrath

Neo Member
Just got my copy from gamestop. The guy and gal at the register were big SMT fans and were all excited because I was one of the few people buying IV over Dynasty Warriors (apparently it's pretty big in my location). People give gamestop workers a lot of shit, but I've never run into a "bad" employees, most of them have taste in the super niche, and are just generally cool.

Also, never buy boxed copies from amazon. Persona 2 IS was the last straw before I took my limited edition type game purchases elsewhere.

joe1138

I bought 2 copies, so I have an extra GS DLC outfit. Anyone willing to trade my extra GS outfit for an Amazon or other DLC outfit?

Seconded. I'd love to get my hands on the EBGames Canada DLC outfit. I'm sitting on an Amazon code if anyone is interested in trading. PM me.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Susano-o (70) pls.

Thanks a bunch. Photoshop totally damn near nuked my computer right now lol.

My game came too. Amazon sent mine in a cardboard box.

awww yeeaaah

iXyWJdP8pATmC.png

Also, lucky! Might got sent in bubble package and got slightly bent at the top. Though not as bad as others I've seen.

Just got my copy from gamestop. The guy and gal at the register were big SMT fans and were all excited because I was one of the few people buying IV over Dynasty Warriors (apparently it's pretty big in my location). People give gamestop workers a lot of shit, but I've never run into a "bad" employees, most of them have taste in the super niche, and are just generally cool.

Also, never buy boxed copies from amazon. Persona 2 IS was the last straw before I took my limited edition type game purchases elsewhere.

I usually prefer to pick up from Gamestop but when I know I won't have the time to pick it up on day one I just stick with Amazon. Thankfully my box arrived in good condition.

Eusis

Not sure about the technicalities of this stuff but it hurts my eyes just like in EOIV. And yeah, really weird that Soul Hackers 3D was actually good.

Also, demons are bank robbers lol
You can tell by contrasting with one eye open and the other shut then switching, and notice nothing's actually shifting for the in-game graphics, IE a tree isn't further to the left or right. Only reason I want 3D on in something like EO4 would be so I can have vertical lines separating pixels, and in that case sticking to the minimal level is more than sufficient, plus at least then it looks kind of like overlapping sheets of paper rather than a complete joke for 3D.

UPS man, why do you torture me so?

He/She is trolling me too, it arrived and was sorted out and everything at my local post office (according to the tracking # BB gave me) before 9AM today.

He/she is out on delivery and it's just before 2:30 where I am. They know....

Pouh

Could someone make a Nekomata avatar for me ? Pretty please ?

VG+ sent my copy exactly last week, guess it'll be in my mailbox tomorrow. :D

Wrath

Neo Member
This questions has probably gotten asked a lot, but is any of the dlc broken? Not the latter dlc, but the ones that are available already. I don't want to make it to easy on myself.

Kinda surprised I got the $30 voucher instantly from Club Nintendo. I was planning on some procession crap for days\weeks. Nothing to spend it on until Ace Attorney this fall though =\

TheExodu5

Banned
Well since STR is reportedly useless, I might restart considering I dumped 4 levels into STR. Won't take me long.

So, now I need to decide what I want to level up. I would go full luck but I'm assuming I'll need to AGI to actually hit stuff properly. Maybe a DEX/AGI/LUCK combination.

Top Bottom