• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Lissar

Reluctant Member
ooo
Could someone make me a Principality avatar? (thats the one I see near the bottom-middle right)? Think its #82

Wasn't sure whether you wanted Principality or 82, so I made both.

iYxiRHUdiA6xz.png

iCOm13q9SnrTd.png

Also, bonus:

iVEiOnMZexKDl.png

Eterniti

How long is a normal playthrough supposed to be anyways? I'm trying to put my rpgs in order of play lol

Roughly 50-60 hours depending if you're thorough. Subsequent playthroughs can be shorter.

Our review just went up today. My friend who writes for our site played through the game three times, with his in-game clock saying he's played a total of 85 hours of the game.

http://gamerhorizon.com/shin-megami-tensei-iv-review/

Mupod

When does the dlc become available? After the tutorial?

the ebgames dlc shirt was available to me pretty much right away I think.

the white samurai stuff requires you to hand in 10 life stones for each piece, and opens up after the first challenge quest tutorial. It's weird because you technically start with the quest and Burroughs keeps counting them out loud as you collect them for what seems to be no apparent reason at first.

LProtag

Huh, been playing for a little while and the story is starting to pick up now.

I guess the real life literature references would be more mind blowing in Japan where those are two popular books, but thankfully I've read one before. I wonder what's going on.

I was unsure if this would be the game for me. I was extremely happy with Fire Emblem: Awakening. Having never play an SMT game before and with the new consoles right around the corner, I had my reservations about buying this game. However, since I learned about the $30 credit for registering both games, I really want it. Is there a reason this would be a terrible item to buy for what is technically a $30 rebate? I mean, am I making a mistake not buying this game solely on its own merits?

Oh, and while on the subject, would you guys recommend the digital version or the physical copy? I have no qualms with digital. I just have an aversion to the Nintendo eShop solely because I might lose tons of games if I ever lost my 3ds. Currently, I own Animal Crossing: New Leaf in digital. Any help making my decision easier would be appreciated.

Got my Orochi avatar (complete with the rad triangle shades of Eins from PxZ) and I'm opening my bubble mailer now.
Been building hype for this for a good month now.

Mupod

I was unsure if this would be the game for me. I was extremely happy with Fire Emblem: Awakening. Having never play an SMT game before and with the new consoles right around the corner, I had my reservations about buying this game. However, since I learned about the $30 credit for registering both games, I really want it. Is there a reason this would be a terrible item to buy for what is technically a $30 rebate? I mean, am I making a mistake not buying this game solely on its own merits?

Oh, and while on the subject, would you guys recommend the digital version or the physical copy? I have no qualms with digital. I just have an aversion to the Nintendo eShop solely because I might lose tons of games if I ever lost my 3ds. Currently, I own Animal Crossing: New Leaf in digital. Any help making my decision easier would be appreciated.

digital and physical are the same price and look at all the sweet stuff you get with physical. Seems like a no-brainer to me unless you are dead set on 100% digital on your handhelds.

Midou

Oh geez. I was just coming back to town while grabbing some low level demons I fused already and I went to the barracks then back in town I went to save and my 2nd (in dungeon) save file got corrupt and erased. I've never had that happen with like any game, ever.

I'm on physical copy and on a 3DS XL, it's good it happened while it was playing so I could just save again, but does anyone know if that's a common issue or anything?

I see no reason to get digital over physical.

Reached the first terminal and I almost feel bad just going with the default names for everything now. It's like my game isn't personalized for me. Maybe I'll just name one of the terminals TRAUMA.

Pick up the physical copy for the bonus goodies.

vall03

Uh huh, just finished the tutorial dungeon and never died once. The worst that happened to me was missing the timing on my one of my swings, and the demon got the pre-emptive attack on me that wiped all of my demons save for the MC. But then again, I kinda abused going out of the dungeon and then healing back in the Barracks.

Maybe because I rarely use it but the 3D is pretty nice...on that little opening with the atlus logo.

system update time tho...what is this? The ps3?

Just give me my cardboard coat already

Like Demikids, but not hideous?

Something like that. I don't know that I would want an entire game of it as I'm sure the charm would wear off fast.

I want my SMT to be dark but darn it if I can't resist the cuteness of the chibi demons - especially those chibi-fiends.

Oh I know! Maybe the chibi-demons could be in a:
Pokemon x SMT crossover game. Having chibi Mara in it would probably create a whole new ESRP level - rated P for, well, perversion (among other things) :)

EDIT:
Oh, Lissar, forgot to say: You're godly for making all these avatars for people. Thanks a ton!
I agree. I don't tip - but I hear Mara does. (har har har)

khaaan

Oh lawd. I just went to my local retro shop and to my surprise they've started carrying newer stuff. I walked in and ran into a massive stack of SMTIV's. I told myself that I would wait for a price drop/smaller backlog....but damn, that collectors edition looked so good. I think I've subconsciously made a decision to go back tomorrow. I already own Fire Emblem so it's like paying $20 right? ....right?

Oh lawd. I just went to my local retro shop and to my surprise they've started carrying newer stuff. I walked in and ran into a massive stack of SMTIV's. I told myself that I would wait for a price drop/smaller backlog....but damn, that collectors edition looked so good. I think I've subconsciously made a decision to go back tomorrow right now. I already own Fire Emblem so it's like paying $20 right? ....right?

Fixed that for you.

Top Bottom