• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

cj_iwakura

Think it may be high time for me to bail out of this thread. I'll be back when I finish it!

Parting thoughts: music is amazing, love the SMT1/2 vibe everything has.

I also take back my comments on the OST. It's still a bit disappointing, but the SMT1/2 love is significant.

CrisKre

I just want to say as the first game in the series I dive into, this game is freaking AMAZING!

Also, I think promoting this alongside Fire Emblem is a brilliant move and both games are very complimentary of one another.

I now understand the excitement for the crossover game for Wii U. They really could be a match made in heaven. The games are different in many respects but I could see how FEvs.SMT could borrow aspects from both series and be an incredible experience.

Emitan

Looks like your collect-a-thon is going well

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
I'm going home.

I'm working out.

I'm spending 20 minutes in animal crossing. okay probably more.

And then I'm not stopping this game till I fall asleep.

Why can't I be going home yet.

KarmaCow

So is the fusion chart completely gone? The new system does seem more powerful but I kinda miss being able to immediately see what demon fusions are possible with each pairing.

i died four times on mission two of the tutorial. Where do i plug my game genie in? GOD MODE PLEASE

Well those demons are assholes. I give them so much only to peace out without even joining. :(

Ugh. I just got less than 200 macca after turning in resources found and I just crawled three floors.

Just keep at it, alongside doing the challenge quests. I'm a little past the first boss and have over 9,000 Macca (and yes, I did buy some healing items). I've avoided the Compendium since it seems to be so expensive right now, and I'd rather see what armor I can get.

My only problem with the game so far is a lack of macca. Where the heck do I get macca in this one? I don't remember getting money this hard in the past?

I want to fuse and I need my compendium in use. Can't do that without cash. Can't even afford 2k worth demons.

Once you hit a certain point, money won't be a huge issue.

There are tons of random pick ups all around the Tokyo maps, so it's easy to accumulate stuff you can sell to shops for macca.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Goddamn that was clutch as fuck

First major boss spoiler:
So Minotaur randomly decided to off two of my party members in one turn and I decided to soldier through, just to see what would happen. He killed Flynn on his next turn, got my last demon down to 15 HP and missed his third attack. I hit him with two Bufus and Jonathan finished him with a Bufu of his own.

My heart is still beating. This game. THIS GAME.

Busaiku

Just keep at it, alongside doing the challenge quests. I'm a little past the first boss and have over 9,000 Macca (and yes, I did buy some healing items). I've avoided the Compendium since it seems to be so expensive right now, and I'd rather see what armor I can get.

What.
You are talking about Alarune, right?

If so, I got there and am nowhere close to 9000, what the heck...

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Can somebody make ne a Grimekhala avatar? (#61) he is one of my favorites :3

Thanks in advance!

Did you want number 61 or 41? I made both.

iJ4hgk3Y0W3sB.png

iAe4d2X8vVyvh.png

PK Gaming

It was rough at first, but I finally found my footing after I started getting demons (they're the bitchiest enemies in existence, I swear)

I love the level up system. Going to lean heavy on magic, wahahahaha.

Busaiku

Gods I hate trying to negotiate with demons.
They keep taking all my Life Stones and Macca, and then they beat me up.

It's like 1000 times harder than Soul Hackers.

Emitan

Kill all the demons except the one you want. At least that way you won't take as much damage.

Yuterald

OMG the OST is god-like so far. Really digging the game's era and the samurai/foreign flair to the music at the start. I LOVE the first tutorial dungeon track too. The game is everything I've imagined it to be so far! The first dungeon is like miles ahead of Nocturne, geography-wise, at least. Hope there's some cool puzzles/trap ideas waiting for me the further I get. Hope there's a Diet Building or an Obelisk or two waiting for me to climb! =D

KarmaCow

Well it's only harder because you forfeit your turn if you fail and even if you succeed you usually lose an action or two.

edit: well duh, I meant that the success/failure rate seems similar.

Jessicat

Like Demikids, but not hideous?
That would actually be Devil Children on the GBC, the GBA/Light+Dark games got some super fugly demon redesigns. Barong is so much cuter in the GBC games (in the GBA ones he was basically a piece of furniture with a face o_O)

Also, surprised that the free DLC armour is actually useful, it's better than what I can currently get at Q's. Well, going to fight a boss now, let's see how many times I die! 8D

Top Bottom