• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Goddammit Amazon

yiMy0dLl.jpg

:/

Esura

Banned
How is physical builds in this game? Is it better to go with physical or magic this time in this game? I won't have any Beldr-like moments in this game right (so glad I went physical that time)?

Busaiku

No,
Minotaur
Alraune
is a miniboss.

Seriously, I played 5 hours, and I only got to a miniboss?
Why do I suck so much.

I wish you could skip the resurrection stuff, I just want my Game Over darn it.
Don't waste 5 minutes telling me I want a Game Over.

Is there an option for the Japanese voices instead of English?

I haven't played a jrpg since Dragon Quest 8...hopefully I still enjoy them! Need to go pick this up before the fancy boxes run out.

vall03

I've been meaning to ask this for months and I just remembered. Does the game have some sort of achievement system similar to the Medals in Strange Journey?

How is physical builds in this game? Is it better to go with physical or magic this time in this game? I won't have any Beldr-like moments in this game right (so glad I went physical that time)?

Physical's decent, and on that matter, to clarify for some people: Strength is the stat that's not really worth it, not the entirety of physical skills. Go Dex for physical and gun builds.

Seriously, I played 5 hours, and I only got to a miniboss?
Why do I suck so much.

I wish you could skip the resurrection stuff, I just want my Game Over darn it.
Don't waste 5 minutes telling me I want a Game Over.

I just go back to the Home menu and restart, much quicker.

Esura

Banned
Physical's decent, and on that matter, to clarify for some people: Strength is the stat that's not really worth it, not the entirety of physical skills. Go Dex for physical and gun builds.

Ah, ok. Another question since I got you.

Which is better between the two builds? I noticed that one always seem to be better than the other in other games.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Someone can do number 50 for me?

Someone already had this one, but they took a different one. Someone else made the other image, and I don't know where it is, so I just made a new one.

ibdrLl5CPOqb4j.png

Enjoy!

edit: there are still a few white spaces. Hold on a sec!

edit 2: that should be better!

Got my copy. It's a little banged up on the top but the rest of it is fine. Sent in a flimsy bubble wrap envelope. Kind of a bummer but I'm not going to stress too much over it.

But...come on, Amazon.

woheFti.jpg

Infinite

Someone already had this one, but they took a different one. Someone else made the other image, and I don't know where it is, so I just made a new one.

ibdrLl5CPOqb4j.png

Enjoy!

edit: there are still a few white spaces. Hold on a sec!

edit 2: that should be better!

Ok! Thanks!

Loving this game already and I haven't scratched the surface yet. It was awesome to see
Navarre hung up by Alarune, since he's such an elitist douche and all.

The first few floors of Naraku are a pretty decent challenge, I'm wondering how the rest will fare.

Oh and -- !!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay SMT4 is finally out! :D

Which is better between the two builds? I noticed that one always seem to be better than the other in other games.

Phys is reliable. Gun has the most damage potential (apparently? But even with a "Gun" build you'll still get a lot of mileage out of Phys-skills). Magic is all about versatility.

"The best" is pretty subjective, especially here where crafting new allies is super easy. No matter what you choose, you'll be able to make allies that have all your bases covered, you know? That being said, no matter which you choose (Dex or Magic), your MC will end up being a force of nature.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Best Buy sent mine in a bubble mailer and it was pretty OK, one very small dent in the corner.

Now that I have food in me, it's time to play.

Physical or gun, or physical or magic? It's too early for me to say, but I'd say magic > gun > physical so far, but each is only slightly better than the rest. I have a pretty beefy Jack the Ripper right now who is doling out some impressive physical damage, though, so your mileage may vary.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Everyone with Amazon issues:

Their customer service is very good. If I get a banged up box, I'm going to promptly chat them online and ask for a replacement (must be LE) or ask for some compensation. I strongly suggest you do the same. More often than not, they'll give you something for the shit shipping.

Got my copy. It's a little banged up on the top but the rest of it is fine. Sent in a flimsy bubble wrap envelope. Kind of a bummer but I'm not going to stress too much over it.

But...come on, Amazon.

Mine looked about the same. They'll send an SD card in a box, but for this had to go with an envelope. Not saying it should be standard, but I would think as far as mitigating damage for returns that Amazon would be smart to send all LEs in boxes.

Internal thread bump -

I have two GameStop Armor DLC codes. PM me if interested in trading a Amazon and or EB DLC codes for my GS code(s).

Thanks.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
So far i spent the 1h and a half of gaming worth of skill points in agility and luck. Am i going somewhere with that build in the future?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It's made by the Nocturne Maniax team (the group that did the enhanced version of Nocturne which is what came out in NA), with some Trauma staff. Some of the key Nocturne people are on the Persona team now.

For how important the Persona IP has become to them, they don't appear to be interested at all in releasing a new game... it's been 5 years since P4.

BlackJace

It's great seeing how much work they put into the overall presentation. You know its good when you spend time marveling at the freaking title screen.

Great job ATLUS.

LProtag

Anyone have any tips on how to get the neutral path? I've looked some stuff up online but I'm a bit confused on whether or not I should be doing sidequests or not.

Top Bottom