• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

Xpliskin

OH god, unpacking is going to seem like a lifetime. That damn bar hasn't even moved yet.

Daniel-Craig-Knocking-Over-Monopoly-Board-SNL-1.gif

"Ready to launch in approximately: 29 minutes"

off topic but awesome avatar!

MBV is one of my favorites.

edit-

god damn, I just called gamestop to see if they're doing a midnight release and they are but they don't have any extra copies for the ps3. I thought i'd be safe with not preordering it.

Off topic.

Loveless is my favorite album ever, nice to see another fan:

OT:

For the longest time, I was under the impression this game would be trash because i didn't look up recent previews. Apparently it has turned around in a big way. I was wondering why everyone was so excited for this game. and in the past week I just realized, this is Mikami's follow-up to F***ing RE4 and I was like "yeah, that game was monstrously boss."

I am not delusional, it's not gonna come close to overshadow that masterwork, but getting another game in that vain with that mikami sauce is seemingly grim. It's closest descendants are basically dead or very far off (Dead Space 1 and Last of Us). My expectations are of a game that's around a 75-80. I am in a good position not to be crushed by the mounting anticipation I have.

Nibel

Holy shit, I didn't prepare my HDD and got an error message that I had no space left; I looked it up and indeed I had 14 MB left
KuGsj.gif

Deinstalled some games and getting the rest if the game.

Grief.exe

My bar finished and told me I didn't have enough space, now I made space and have to wait for the bar again. :/

Same thing happened to me actually. I had to uninstall Titanfall. Get that bloated 52GB install out of here!

Holy shit, I didn't prepare my HDD and got an error message that I had no space left; I looked it up and indeed I had 14 MB left
KuGsj.gif

Deinstalled some games and getting the rest if the game.

You essentially need to have double the space for a Steam unpack. Antiquated system that hasn't been fixed as Valve works its way through older Steam issues.

Easy

Final Fantasy XIII -> UNINSTALL

problem solved

BUT MY 16K

My god.....everyone who wants a true sequel to RE4: Buy this game. It's definitely not a 3rd-person-shooter so far but I'm only in chapter 5, so...who knows? (4 hours)
The atmosphere is fantastic, the story seems very interesting, the puzzles (so far) are not very hard but a nice change of pace (like RE 4...you know..)

I'm loving some of the Nemesis-like enemies where they just eat bullets so you have to run away.

Every time I see your avatar, I always get a feeling you're going to really love one of the bosses in this game..really freaky stuff..which then again isn't saying much but you'll see if you haven't already!

So the game seems to be unpacking right now, which is odd because usually it doesn't do that until it is unlocked.

I'm in America by the way, Mountain Standard Time in Colorado.

It's about 5:35pm here, I'll keep this updated to see if it locks or unlocks after this initial set up.

I'm doing this without a VPN by the way, so all you fellow Americans might want to see if it is unlocking for you right now.

TheRed

And I have an assignment I have to work on that's due at midnight. I just want to load this up and play the beginning and mess with settings. Come on unpack!

Anung

Un Rama
Every time I see your avatar, I always get a feeling you're going to really love one of the bosses in this game..really freaky stuff..which then again isn't saying much but you'll see if you haven't already!

Only 5 chapters in so far and oh my this is getting me hyped. Going to have to mainline this game.

Grief.exe

So the game seems to be unpacking right now, which is odd because usually it doesn't do that until it is unlocked.

I'm in America by the way, Mountain Standard Time in Colorado.

It's about 5:35pm here, I'll keep this updated to see if it locks or unlocks after this initial set up.

I'm doing this without a VPN by the way, so all you fellow Americans might want to see if it is unlocking for you right now.

released worldwide

Added community_visible_stats – 1
about a minute agoChanged releasestate – preloadonly › released

Grief.exe

The Evil Within Release State expanded to include additional countries.

Changed ReleaseStateOverrideCountries – US,CA,MX,PR,BS,PA,BZ,CR,SV,GT,HN,NI,VE,CO,GY,SR,GF,BR,PE,BO,PY,UY,AR,CL,EC,AF,BD,BT,BN,KH,CN,HK,IN,ID,JP,KR,LA,MO,MY,MV,MN,NP,PK,PH,SG,LK,TW,TH,VN,AU,NZ › AX,AL,DZ,AS,AD,AO,AI,AQ,AG,AM,AW,AT,AZ,BH,BB,BY,BE,BJ,BM,BA,BW,BV,IO,BG,BF,BI,CM,CR,CV,KY,CF,TD,CX,CC,KM,CG,CD,CK,CI,HR,CY,CZ,DK,DJ,DM,DO,EG,GQ,ER,EE,ET,FK,FO,FJ,FI,FR,PF,TF,GA,GM,GE,DE,GH,GI,GR,GL,GD,GP,GU,GN,GW,GG,HT,HM,VA,HU,IS,IE,IM,IL,IT,JM,JE,JO,KZ,KE,KI,KW,KG,LV,LB,LS,LR,LI,LT,LU,MK,MG,MW,ML,MT,MH,MQ,MR,MU,YT,FM,MD,MC,ME,MS,MA,MZ,NA,NR,NL,AN,NC,NE,NG,NU,NF,MP,NO,OM,PW,PS,PG,PN,PL,PT,QA,RE,RO,RU,RW,SH,KN,LC,PM,VC,WS,SM,ST,SA,SN,RS,SC,SL,SK,SI,SB,SO,ZA,GS,ES,SJ,SZ,SE,CH,TJ,TZ,TL,TG,TK,TO,TT,TN,TR,TM,TC,TV,UG,UA,AE,GB,UM,UZ,VU,VG,VI,WF,EH,YE,ZM,ZW

Yibby

My god.....everyone who wants a true sequel to RE4: Buy this game. It's definitely not a 3rd-person-shooter so far but I'm only in chapter 5, so...who knows? (4 hours)

For me the game shifts from a survival Horror / stealth game to a 3rd person shooter. Chapter 1-4 were great and now in C5,C6 i'm shooting non-stop. Just finished C6 and can't remember one stealth situation. After C4 i had full ammo for every weapon and now i'm constantly low on ammo. Maybe it's just a few chapters to mix things up and later it will go back to stealth again ?

Could anyone be so kind to link me to the pre order page for PSN? When I try to pre order on PS4 it keeps stating my card info is incorrect even after checking and re-putting the info.

Top Bottom