• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

AsfaeksBR

It's time to become a man.

tumblr_mcw4u5GA6Q1qffyvl.gif

Come at me, Ruvik!

I think we should all take a moment to remember Krauser. He was one of the best bosses in the game with all the best bosses that could somehow be killed using only a knife despite the game being a third person shooter with tank controls. How did that happen and why is it so amazing.

Thanks. Some of my favorite fun has come from games that give guns as options, but don't require them to finish the game. I've been on a semi blackout of this, so I don't really know much at all outside of you use traps and get some trap parts from defeating enemies.

Also, while there are stealth kills, the melee attacks in footage shown looks like a pistol whip. Not sure if you can use the knife like in RE games. Hopefully you can. I'm definitely gonna try to make the most of the stealth kills though, that's something new for a Mikami survival horror game and should be fun to master.

Oh and, I'm so f**king happy to hear that there aren't any
QTE's.
Such an awful gameplay mechanic. RE6, I'm looking at you.....

I think we should all take a moment to remember Krauser. He was one of the best bosses in the game with all the best bosses that could somehow be killed using only a knife despite the game being a third person shooter with tank controls. How did that happen and why is it so amazing.

It was a good fight, but he was one of my least liked characters in the whole series.

Watched the first 27 minutes and the opening is meh.
And wow, the last gen version looks horrible + tearing everywhere.

(1) Last gen is so last gen.
(2) Nothing is meh. Meh is not a fucking word.

Hmmm... I wonder when GMG is planning on sending out pre-order keys so we can pre-load the 50gb download? Does anyone know? I just sent a support ticket in for S&Gs so, if nobody has gotten an answer yet, I will post in here again when I do get a response (if it's before the keys are released).

So, apparently now that I've opened a support ticket, CSRs at GMG are aware that a preload exists (on 10/10) and have forwarded my ticket to the "Trading department" so that they can look into it. (Which apparently involves "confirming a preload is being offered" before sending out keys...)

I send them the link to the Bethesda forums thread and pointed out that the rep said it was to be available for Steam preload 10/10 and that it was a hefty 50gb, so the earlier the keys were sent out, the better.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
another update from abyss

15-20 minutes i would say. Started Ch.10, so much variety. So much variety and mindfuck in this game.

-MD-

At least RE4's QTEs aren't like 6's. I found 4's pretty inoffensive. I understand taking a baseline stance against them, though.

That's true, and I liked his character's interactions with Leon.

RE6 seemed like it went out of it's way to be terrible.

So, apparently now that I've opened a support ticket, CSRs at GMG are aware that a preload exists (on 10/10) and have forwarded my ticket to the "Trading department" so that they can look into it. (Which apparently involves "confirming a preload is being offered" before sending out keys...)

I send them the link to the Bethesda forums thread and pointed out that the rep said it was to be available for Steam preload 10/10 and that it was a hefty 50gb, so the earlier the keys were sent out, the better.

Good, I'd like to redeem my season pass before that shit gets region locked.

My favorite type of Hard modes are the ones that actually switch up enemy placements and shit. Like in Ninja Gaiden Black brown struggle ninjas are now white skilled ninjas, and white ninjas are now badass black ninjas, or strategies that flat out don't work so well on harder levels, ya know. Like its not just, "Ok, its Normal mode...but now they have 8x health and you die in one hit have fun :3". Flip a couple of nobs here and there, ship it out.

Yeah switching up enemy layouts/tactics are the best hard modes. Makes the game feel new, not cheap.

BTW, totally unrelated but uh...you're getting Temple of Osiris for PS4 right?

Sure. First one was a big surprise. 4 player co-op should make it even better. Maybe. Hopefully.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I thought the Regenerators were awesome.

I like the island more than the castle, personally... even though they had the guns (fucking belt-fed gatling guns) start popping up around there. (the same ones people complain about in RE5 ironically)

But village and in around the lake were the highlights of RE4 for me.

The Island in RE4 still has lots of cool and memorable sections. I don't get the hate.

I don't disagree necessarily. My problem was more that it seemed very random in all elements of it's design when compared to the cohesion of the Village and the Castle. It also decided to ditch any sense of tension or creepy atmosphere outside of "It" and the Regenerators. The Island is merely "good" to me but really pales in comparison when I had just experienced 12 of the best hours I've ever played in any game ever.

Can't join in The Island hate. "women...", Krauser, It, bulldozer, JJ, Surprise Kitchen Man, Lasers, "There's No Time for Resting", Miiiiiiiike, etc etc

nah nigga, naaaaaaaah

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The Island in RE4 still has lots of cool and memorable sections. I don't get the hate.

Only the section with Regenerators and the final battle is memorable IMO. Everything else is a drop in quality. Boring environments, no interesting puzzles and the most stupid, ridiculous enemy in a RE game:
Gatling_Man.jpg

Really though, enough slobbering over RE4.

Let's talk about those amazing RE6 campaigns. Yes "campaigns," plural. So much content in that amazing g-

fgu0eorbnk5l.gif

Let's talk about those amazing RE6 campaigns. Yes "campaigns," plural. So much content in that amazing g-

It's like everyone on the team who knew what they were doing developed the mechanics while the interns were put on the actual content.

I wasn't such a huge fan of Chaingun Ganado, either.

But stunlocking him with sniper headshots was so satisfying...

Evolved1

fgu0eorbnk5l.gif

I really enjoyed RE6. By then, I'm just going with it.

Good, I'd like to redeem my season pass before that shit gets region locked.

I'd like to get the season pass before it's region locked (seems we're in the same boat, kinda).

Trust Mikami when it comes to aim->shoot mechanics.

I knew something looked off in the latest trailer.
This is not good news.
I just scoured over the PC Info thread too as I thought I saw something about a FOV option, but alas, I seem to have been mistaken. :\

I said it before and I'll say it again, Mike is a worthless piece of shit (on Professional difficulty).

I was glad that his ass got blown off in my last playthrough. Having to wait 5 minutes until he gets around to blowing off those gatling gun stations is such bs. And to top it all off, in the last section where he's available, the only gatling gun he blew up was the one where I already took care of ganado handling it. Fucking cunt.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Is there a reason for 30fps on PC, I'm guessing if it's not tied to animations etc. then somebody will unlock it.

It is unlockable via the magic debug console

I said it before and I'll say it again, Mike is a worthless piece of shit (on Professional difficulty).

I was glad that his ass got blown off in my last playthrough. Having to wait 5 minutes until he gets around to blowing off those gatling gun stations is such bs. And to top it all off, in the last section where he's available, the only gatling gun he blew up was the one where I already took care of ganado handling it. Fucking cunt.

dont talk shit about mike you cruel bastard wtf man :( ban pls

Evolved1

Chris looking all pissed off at Peirs during the snake chase and grumbling, "Shuudddup." is my favorite line in the entire RE franchise. Better even, for me, than Jill Sandwich and Master of Unlocking.

It's a scene where normal videogame protags would get up on the soapbox and be all emotional and wordy... Chris is like fuck off I'm out for blood motherfucker. Get you wussy logic out of my face. This is foreshadowing, so there's context when he starts falcon punching boulders later on.

NAPK1NS

RIP mike i was so devastate.

hit the bottle hard that week

;(
Hahaha oh man lol'd.

I think all of RE4 is great. The swapping of disks, industrial setting, and Gatling guns made the island section abrupt but not poor. The regeneratorsn and potato sack scene were both amazing. Oh, and the part where the guy runs out of the oven was great.

... So much RE4 discussion. Makes me worried for this games expectations honestly.

-MD-

rofl

Top Bottom