• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shirtless FF League |S2| Revenge is a dish best served Shirtless

Fox318

yGcoBVF.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe
Whoever Bledscoe is obviously didn't hear the Calvin Johnson news.

Can we have a reminder of the GAF names and teams Dutch?

UberTag

Why is my all Rams/Jaguars team going to improve to a 4-1 record?
Reggie Bush even sucked for me this week with Megatron out.

I started 5 Rams/Jaguars this week. How many do I need to field in my lineup for somebody to beat me? Cripes. I'm so disillusioned.

Now I'm going to be tied for 1st overall with Hall of Finley and The Erection of Stonehenge. A shitty Rams/Jaguars lineup isn't supposed to be 1st overall. What the hell people!

Milchjon

Fuck you Chan! I love how NFL.com projected him to get 25-30 more points, and me to get 20 points less. Great model they have there.

Guys, I have a moral dilemma:

On one hand I hate Peyton so much right now that I feel like I should just bench him for the rest of the season.

On the other hand, that's obviously not gonna make any difference and I feel like I should at least get something out of this mess.

Help me bros! I'm stuck like a pug.

CrtoEH3.gif

Why is my all Rams/Jaguars team going to improve to a 4-1 record?
Reggie Bush even sucked for me this week with Megatron out.

I started 5 Rams/Jaguars this week. How many do I need to field in my lineup for somebody to beat me? Cripes. I'm so disillusioned.

Now I'm going to be tied for 1st overall with Hall of Finley and The Erection of Stonehenge. A shitty Rams/Jaguars lineup isn't supposed to be 1st overall. What the hell people!

I'm gonna need to make some small adjustments to my draft strategy for next year...

As for this week, I'm fairly confident that Snelling can score 50 points (+whatever Gozalez scores) to still win this week.

Edit : Time to fine some people.

• 25k to Godslay for being a Broncos fan and 10k for Seyton Manning his succes.
  • 5k fine for Greg, because he didn't congratulate me on my birthday on Facebook.
  • 10k for both Milchjon and Sanjuro for starting players on their Bye week.
  • 50k for Milchjon for breaking my laptop and 50k for Darkest Red for breaking my PS3.
  • 40k for Ubertag, 10k for every win.
  • 25k for BlackGhost for beating me this week.
  • 50k for Fox for being a Jets fan minus 45k for his great effort in posting Pug images.
  • 10k for Lunchbro, for not buying me a new Macbook Pro/PS3, despite all his wealth.
  • 75k for Chan, for getting his dumb ass banned.
  • 15k for Snes for being consistently bad at Fantasy Football.
  • 50k for Wes, because he still hasn't lost a game.
  • 15k for Larry, for not living up to the hype of being good at FF once again.
  • 10k for Wes, Kave, BlackGhost for injuring Hoyer.
  • 5k for Actstriker for not posting enough here :(
  • 1k for Wrayfield just to keep him in first place
  • $2.50 for me, because of my bad draft decisions.

Fine list Season 2 said:
  1. Wrayfield - $101,000
  2. Darkest Red - $100,000
  3. Milchjon - $80,000
  4. Chan - $75,000
  5. Kave - $65,000
  6. Wes - $60,000
  7. Ubertag - $40,000
  8. Godslay - $35,000
  9. BlackGhost - $35,000
  10. Larry - $15,000
  11. Snes - $15,000
  12. Sanjuro - $10,000
  13. Lunchbox - $10,000
  14. Greg - $10,000
  15. Actstriker - $5,000
  16. Fox - $5,000
  17. Dutch Goodell - $2.50

Wrayfield

• 5k fine for Greg, because he didn't congratulate me on my birthday on Facebook.
  • 50k for Milchjon for breaking my laptop and 50k for Darkest Red for breaking my PS3.
  • 50k for Fox for being a Jets fan minus 45k for his great effort in posting Pug images.
  • 10k for Lunchbro, for not buying me a new Macbook Pro/PS3, despite all his wealth.

The only standing lead by Dolphins... :(

Milchjon

I'm gonna need to make some small adjustments to my draft strategy for next year...

As for this week, I'm fairly confident that Snelling can score 50 points (+whatever Gozalez scores) to still win this week.

HEY!

I managed to sign Bailey 5 minutes before the games! No player on bye! And I won!

Fine me for not benching Manning yet and therefore failing as a moral being.

Greg

I'm appealing my fine because after I told you happy birthday on GAF, I posted 'facebook official' on your wall that same day - that's what that meant!

Thank you for your time and consideration of my appeal.

-Greg

I'm appealing my fine because after I told you happy birthday on GAF, I posted 'facebook official' on your wall that same day - that's what that meant!

Thank you for your time and consideration of my appeal.

-Greg

I'll send it to the judge.

Judge rules: The Happy Birthday stands, thanks again for that, but you lost the appeal because I say so, with an additional 5k for losing your appeal.

HEY!

I managed to sign Bailey 5 minutes before the games! No player on bye! And I won!

Fine me for not benching Manning yet and therefore failing as a moral being.

Okay, I'll add 20k to your fine.

Greg

I'll send it to the judge.

Judge rules: The Happy Birthday stands, thanks again for that, but you lost the appeal because I say so, with an additional 5k for losing your appeal.
:jnc

well, now that I can't get an award for having no fines for an entire season, it's time to become a complete asshole!

Fox318

So if I'm winning before monday and the person I'm playing has no players should I bench my players in the off chance that they both put up negative points?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So if I'm winning before monday and the person I'm playing has no players should I bench my players in the off chance that they both put up negative points?

How much points are you up?

I've done it before where I was only up 1 or 2 points and my opponent had no one else. If I'm up 10+ I keep them in though.

Godslay

Banned
Sorry SNES. Lost the Fatman, lost the Shirtless game, can't post, don't have a Wii U. Life is rough. I felt bad taking the win. It's too bad that Dragon did that to you, wish it would have been the other way around.

Sorry SNES. Lost the Fatman, lost the Shirtless game, can't post, don't have a Wii U. Life is rough. I felt bad taking the win. It's too bad that Dragon did that to you, wish it would have been the other way around.

Your hatred for Dragon is inspiring. We love you in here, would have been better had Peyton still been sitting in some hospital getting neck massages an eating fetuses.

:jnc

well, now that I can't get an award for having no fines for an entire season, it's time to become a complete asshole!

In pretty sure you're unable to be a complete asshole <3.

I can tell that you grew up on soccer logic!

My insane talent made that happen.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm Dutch bad right now. :(

BG it must suck that my only victory came against you biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttcccccchhhhh!

This is the only trashtalk I can do. :(

UberTag

Why does my opponent this week have his entire team on bye?
Yet another free pass for my fearsome all-Rams/Jaguars squad? Tsk tsk tsk.

I'm destined to own the worst 5-1 team in the history of fantasy football.

Why does my opponent this week have his entire team on bye?
Yet another free pass for my fearsome all-Rams/Jaguars squad? Tsk tsk tsk.

I'm destined to own the worst 5-1 team in the history of fantasy football.

People need to watch their teams better. Playing too many player in their bye week throughout the season = Losing your spot in the league.

Although I believe in Darkest Red, he'll fix his team (I Hope).

Also, Lunchbro (Darkest Red?) anybody else that plays FIFA Ultimate Team, share with me how your team looks :)!

UberTag

People need to watch their teams better. Playing too many player in their bye week throughout the season = Losing your spot in the league.

Although I believe in Darkest Red, he'll fix his team (I Hope).
He has minimal flexibility to do that given the 3 transaction/week limit.
He'd have to replace his kicker (that's one move).
He has two running backs and two receivers that can go. So he'd only need to pick up one more for his active lineup (that's move #2).
And given that his 2nd running back is Jackie Battle vs. the Seahawks, I'm betting he'd prefer to start someone else at RB (that would be move #3).

it was cold last night and I had to put on a shirt
felt bad
Dude, shirts are evil.
Crank the heat and remove that blasphemous object.

Fox318

I think not. The Leafs are 3-0, dude! Revel in it!

He has two running backs and two receivers that can go. So he'd only need to pick up one more for his active lineup (that's move #2).
And given that his 2nd running back is Jackie Battle vs. the Seahawks, I'm betting he'd prefer to start someone else at RB (that would be move #3).

Dude, shirts are evil.
Crank the heat and remove that blasphemous object.
he didn't respond to my trade request

Hey Dutch, I know you could use a boost, how about Gronk for Julio Jones straight up?

Yeah, I'm gonna Dutch it up this week, sadly.

Fox318

Sources: Gronk now unlikely to play

Gronkowski Not Cleared To Play

New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, recovering after a series of surgeries on his fractured forearm and ailing back, still has not been cleared to play by Dr. James Andrews, according to ESPN and media reports. Moreover, there was less optimism Friday that he will play Sunday against the New Orleans Saints than there was earlier in the week.

Andrews is serving as an independent physician charged by the team and player with determining whether Gronkowski is cleared to play. Andrews is considered the most accomplished orthopedic surgeon in the world, but he didn't operate on Gronkowski.
Gronkowski also still has not been cleared by Dr. Jesse Jupiter, who performed the latest forearm surgery on Gronkowski, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

On Thursday, Gronkowski said his status remained day-to-day. And on the Patriots' injury report Thursday, Gronkowski was listed as having participated on a limited basis. He has been listed with that designation since Week 1 and has not played since reinjuring his wrist in an AFC divisional playoff game against the Houston Texans in January.

"It's basically nothing new," Gronkowski told reporters. "I mean, I'm just working hard every week, working hard out at practice, and nothing's changed, we're day by day, like we've been from the very beginning."

Asked what he and doctors need to see to know that he is ready to return to the field, Gronkowski replied, "[I'm] really just taking it each day at a time and just trying to improve each day at a time. And that's all."

On Wednesday, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said that he's not riding the emotional roller coaster attached to speculating on Gronkowski's return date.

"We've kind of talked about it a lot the last five weeks," Brady said. "If he's there, he's there. If he's not, he's not. We're going to try to go win anyway."

Brady's comments came on the heels of remarks by coach Bill Belichick, who repeated that Gronkowski's status is day-to-day without elaborating.

The Patriots' offense has struggled throughout the early part of the season, and it was never more apparent than during a 13-6 loss in Week 5 to the Cincinnati Bengals. Perhaps no areas have been affected in the absence of Gronkowski more than the Patriots' third-down and red zone offenses, as the team ranks 17th and 31st, respectively, in those categories, a year after leading the league in both.
A return by Gronkowski on Sunday would be a boon to the offense as the Patriots (4-1) prepare to host the high-powered Saints (5-0), and whether it's this week or a future date, the team's top tight end is eagerly anticipating his season debut.

"It's going to be a great feeling, obviously," Gronkowski said of his eventual return. "[I've] just been working hard towards that goal and working hard every day to achieve that. It's going to be exciting, and when it happens, it's going to be awesome."

Top Bottom