• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shirtless FF League |S2| Revenge is a dish best served Shirtless

Darkest Red is up, then the 2 banned donkeys. Snes can do it via Twitter, but Lunchbox, if you're reading this, you should send your pick via email or twitter as well if you have it.

And then by random draw, we pick out of Larry and Sanjuro who can pick first out of the two.

Darkest Red is up, then the 2 banned donkeys. Snes can do it via Twitter, but Lunchbox, if you're reading this, you should send your pick via email or twitter as well if you have it.

And then by random draw, we pick out of Larry and Sanjuro who can pick first out of the two.

No need. He can pick. I will take the scraps.

And dominate with them.

UberTag

I fear Trent Truck may not fall to 14 now.

What have I done.
He won't be there at 14.
He put up decent numbers last season despite being mediocre.
And now they have the almighty RB-loving Norv and a semi-competent QB putting the heat on Weeden.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He won't be there at 14.
He put up decent numbers last season despite being mediocre.
And now they have the almighty RB-loving Norv and a semi-competent QB putting the heat on Weeden.

Even better than that they don't have Pat Shurmur there to ruin the offense.

Honestly it's a miracle Trent even came close to 1000yds with Shurmur's offense.

It was baffling the decisions he'd make on offense.

Darkest Red is also too busy with the Royal baby? Or maybe he's just out spending insane amounts of money on shitty stuff, like his Dolphins.

Sorry man, been traveling all weekend so I've only been stopping by the NFL thread occasionally.

11 is fine with me!

So, when am I picking?

Also, when is the draft? It didnt' say on the league site.

Sanjuro is either dead, ignoring us, neglecting us, or occupied at the moment. If he doesn't pick by tomorrow 9 pm eastern, you can pick out of the 2 remaining spots and Sanjuro will get the last spot.

The draft will be SUNDAY, AUGUST 18th, 2 PM EASTERN/ 7 PM BRITISH TIME, 8 PM BEST PART OF EUROPE TIME

ChanHuk

Banned

Have no fear worst German, I will be working on the ambulance. I will bring my internet hotspot and show you degenerates how to draft. Of course I will be interrupted by saving lives so I demand additional time.

PS: My milf has squickened, she informed me tonight she has a second team, the Seachickens.

Sanjuro is either dead, ignoring us, neglecting us, or occupied at the moment. If he doesn't pick by tomorrow 9 pm eastern, you can pick out of the 2 remaining spots and Sanjuro will get the last spot.

The draft will be SUNDAY, AUGUST 18th, 2 PM EASTERN/ 7 PM BRITISH TIME, 8 PM BEST PART OF EUROPE TIME

What spots are left?

What spots are left?

13th and 15th.

Have no fear worst German, I will be working on the ambulance. I will bring my internet hotspot and show you degenerates how to draft. Of course I will be interrupted by saving lives so I demand additional time.

PS: My milf has squickened, she informed me tonight she has a second team, the Seachickens.

You still have the MILF?

I'll look into the draft setting when I have a computer to see what I can do for you. Just make sure you set up a nice list of pre-set draft picks. Just in case the computer or I have to pick for you.

Greg

You will still draft a better team while riding an ambulance and giving CPR than I will after having been awake for over 30 straight hours with minimal pre-draft prep this year.
preparation doesn't exist in the shirtless league

we let our emotional attachment to players and hatred for each other rule our decisions

preparation doesn't exist in the shirtless league

we let our emotional attachment to players and hatred for each other rule our decisions
This is completely true. That's why I drafted McFadden and Fitzgerald last year. Run DMC because a part of me likes the Raidahs for no reason and Fitz because he seems like such a nice guy.

I'm gonna build such an amazing team and then trade it all for Trent Truck.

Another great example.

I'll take all the spots!

Pick pls or Larry, you pick. Who ever picks first gets the spot.

I'm not even sure what I'm picking, or why!?

Flip a coin?

Draft order said:
1. Godslay
2. Kave Man
3. Actstriker
4. Chan
5. Ubertag
6. BlackGhost
7. Foxy
8. Greg
9. Dutch Godell
10. Milchjon
11. Darkest Red
12. Snes
14. Wes
16. Lunchbox

We are determining the order in which we will draft, based upon the result from the real draft prediction competition, which we did in April (In which you and Larry didn't partake).

Since Larry said you could pick before him, you have the choice in drafting 13th or 15th during our Shirtless Fantasy Draft. Which will be Sunday the 18th of August at 2 PM eastern.

Wouldn't I obviously take the earlier spot? Is there a disadvantage to doing so?

Well, we're drafting the same style we did last year. So in the second round, we pick in the reverse order of the first round. So when you pick earlier in the first round, you pick later in the second round. Some like to pick early, to pick a 'sure thing' at the beginning and settle for a low pick in the second round, other like Lunchbox, like to pick last in the round so they can pick first in the second round, to get 2 solid players.

But with 13th and 15th, there isn't that much of a difference.

Sanjuro

Well, we're drafting the same style we did last year. So in the second round, we pick in the reverse order of the first round. So when you pick earlier in the first round, you pick later in the second round. Some like to pick early, to pick a 'sure thing' at the beginning and settle for a low pick in the second round, other like Lunchbox, like to pick last in the round so they can pick first in the second round, to get 2 solid players.

But with 13th and 15th, there isn't that much of a difference.

Ah. I'll just take 13 then.

Ah. I'll just take 13 then.

Awesome.

Final Draft order said:
1. Godslay
2. Kave Man
3. Actstriker
4. Chan
5. Ubertag
6. BlackGhost
7. Foxy
8. Greg
9. Dutch Godell
10. Milchjon
11. Darkest Red
12. Snes
13. Sanjuro
14. Wes
15. Baltimore Larry
16. Lunchbox

Well here it is then. The draft order for Sunday the 18th (2 PM Eastern!). I will try to set it up today on the laptop, or I will do it when I get back home on Wednesday.

The Shirtless Champ, Godslay, with the first overall pick for the second year in a row, will it he once again take the crown with a good draft?

Will Kave Man actually take the plunge and draft Trent Truck or will he let him slip to BlackGhost? There is also still the possibility Chan steals him under BG his nose.

Plus, who will draft Gronk and het immediately kicked from the league?

Find out next Sunday at 2 PM ET, only on NFL Network*

*Not really on NFL Network

How does the live draft work exactly? Will there be a chat?

Pretty sure there is a chat on the draft screen. Check the website, there might be mock draft things so you can get a feel for how it works and the speed of it all, You have like a couple of minutes per pick, so it can go really fast. I recommend you to do some work before hand, like making a list of the players in the order you rank them and set some of the automatic options in case you can't pick (It's all on the website).

First you get hit by a bus, if you somehow survive, I'll tell you how things work

Are you one of those people that can see the future?

UberTag

Pretty sure there is a chat on the draft screen. Check the website, there might be mock draft things so you can get a feel for how it works and the speed of it all, You have like a couple of minutes per pick, so it can go really fast. I recommend you to do some work before hand, like making a list of the players in the order you rank them and set some of the automatic options in case you can't pick (It's all on the website).
Any chance you can confirm in advance whether the pick interval is 2 minutes or something less than that (i.e. 60-90 seconds)?

I like two-minute intervals as it allows us to trash talk and mock people for terrible picks when they happen.
Like Gronk in Round 1. Or Kave Man drafting Trent Truck at #2.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I already said my goal is to draft the greatest team ever and then ruin it all by trading for Trent Truck.

And then possibly drafting Gronk Gronk but then trading him to the commish for practically nothing.

Godslay

Banned
I already said my goal is to draft the greatest team ever and then ruin it all by trading for Trent Truck.

And then possibly drafting Gronk Gronk but then trading him to the commish for practically nothing.

Trent Truck is certainly for sale. We can swap picks. All for the low, low price of a 4th rounder!

Any chance you can confirm in advance whether the pick interval is 2 minutes or something less than that (i.e. 60-90 seconds)?

I like two-minute intervals as it allows us to trash talk and mock people for terrible picks when they happen.
Like Gronk in Round 1. Or Kave Man drafting Trent Truck at #2.

I think I can set the time right? 2 minutes seems right, might make the whole draft a rather long process though (Still about 3 weeks shorter than last year's draft)

Top Bottom