• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

I'd switch to the dork theme if it looked like that.
U3zAeqd.jpg

ReiGun

The 'real-as-fuck' Attitude Era had tag teams consisting of vampires and dancing vanilla midgets with a fat guy as a third wheel who wore a thong. Anything can work if the writing is behind it.
Very true. I'm not saying it can't work - I love the Vaudevillians personally - but rather, that creative has no interest in making it work. Hence why the writing isn't behind it. They probably don't see any potential in it in the current product.

Which is a shame, given the lengths they've gone to for Finn's goofy as all fuck "Demon King" schtick.

Pikma

Banned
Whoever thinks that white shit looks better needs to find two partners and fight blue, Zach and me on the next PPV
pre-show

Barrage

Not to pile on, but that Raw was horrible.

It literally hurts my heart when a New Day segment bombs. But ill always support them for taking risks and not just splurting catchphrases, ala New Age Outlaws.

Once the Club gets the belts they have to consider either making the New Day go for singles gold or turning heel, there's no Heel team for them to face on Raw.

Tagyhag

I had a dream that Balor was dating another wrestler that looked half like Cesaro, and half Roode. I teased him with a cheating joke because he was going to hang out with Fandango so I sang his theme song.

And then I called Nakamura "Shinji-chan".

I've been hanging around here too much.

Raw had three good TV matches(Bayley/Charlotte, Seth/Jericho, KO/Zayn), yet because of other shitty segments (New Day, Enzo/Cass crap, jobber matches galore), the show was brought down into shit tier.

I'm sure it's all the wrestlers' fault though.

ghostmind

Wait I just saw the latest Cruiserweight Division teaser, Will Metalik, Gallagher and Tozawa really be part of it?

Holy fucking shit if so

There have been several teasers so far, with the following wrestlers highlighted:

Akira Tozawa
Jack Gallagher
Gran Metalik
Tommaso Ciampa
Cedric Alexander
Johnny Gargano
Rich Swann
Noam Dar
Brian Kendrick
T.J. Perkins

That's a sweet starting roster, and I think there are more to come.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Smasha's work ass retirement was also bad? She's no Mark Henry but I expected something passable.

Jamie OD

Smasha's work ass retirement was also bad? She's no Mark Henry but I expected something passable.

Nobody bought that she was retiring. She's in a weird place where the fans want to see her succeed but don't want to go on the journey with her. It's either make her the champion now or we don't care.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was one of the better segments of the night. Plus most of WrassleGAF got worked by it.
That ain't sayin much based on how the rest of the show sounded, and how gullible WWE-GAF can be. I'm sure "shoot" was said like a thousand times for no good goddamn reason.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Body shaming poor Dana for zero reason, they could've had Charlotte come out and speak for herself.
Body shaming Ms Flex City? There's a reason why one of the only Reddit subs I have is for SwoleAcceptance.

Smh. People who haven't earned muscles will always tear down those who have. It's envy.

Aiii

So not worth it
Serious talk: I wonder if now is a good time to quit watching wrestling for a few months, seems like a good time to take a break for a little while and clear some of the fatigue. Might give it a go, Network sub runs out tomorrow.

I guess I'll finish the CWC since I'm invested.

Sephzilla

earned muscles

Vince McMahon
no more brown bags for my meals
(Today, 08:25 AM)

Serious talk: I wonder if now is a good time to quit watching wrestling for a few months, seems like a good time to take a break for a little while and clear some of the fatigue. Might give it a go, Network sub runs out tomorrow.

With Monday Night Football starting up on Monday, now is the best time to stop watching Raw after the opening segment (at least until KO is no longer champ). Because creative sure as hell is taking a break from WWE for the next few months.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince McMahon
no more brown bags for my meals
(Today, 08:25 AM)

With Monday Night Football starting up on Monday, now is the best time to stop watching Raw after the opening segment (at least until KO is no longer champ). Because creative sure as hell is taking a break from WWE for the next few months.
Not following the tag quote at all, can't tell what you mean about earned muscles. Nobody is given muscles, you have to earn em.

imBask

Banned
I think you guys are over sensitive about the Dana body-shaming thing. That was nothing and Dana is more muscle than fat, get over yourself jabroni marks

bjork

I guess I'll finish the CWC since I'm invested.

It's always a good time for a break if you're feeling fatigue on something. This applies to anything in life.

I think you guys are over sensitive about the Dana body-shaming. That was nothing and Dana is more muscle than fat, get over yourself jabroni marks

If they attack Miss Piggy to her as a "burger king" kind of thing, it's Molly Holly's granny panty thing all over again. She never recovered from that, character-wise. Dana hasn't had a lot to work with since... basically her first night.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It means Vince's muscles are about as earned as Roman Reigns title shots
How do you figure?

Even using steroids you still need to put in a huge amount of work. If that's what you're implying, I'm still not honestly sure.

The body is an honest machine, what you put into it (effort or otherwise) will show.

Sephzilla

Also - what is with seemingly everyone having spray tans lately? It was especially noticeable on Enzo, Gallows, and Anderson last night

imBask

Banned
If they attack Miss Piggy to her as a "burger king" kind of thing, it's Molly Holly's granny panty thing all over again. She never recovered from that, character-wise. Dana hasn't had a lot to work with since... basically her first night.

Most good wrestlers and performers can recover from basically anything. Dana is trash regardless, don't blame this segment if she ends up failing

Zach

if he's a lumbering beast-man then he shouldn't need to climb to the top rope

I know, Dato. I'm just trying to gauge how big of a monster I'm dealing with here.

P.S. Aren't you and NVM two of the jerks who told me to return Bloodborne? If so, what's your beef with the game?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NeoGAF Vince McMahon, are you a lumbering beast-man? Do you have the ability to climb to the top rope?
I am a lumbering beast-man. 6'7 without being trained in the art of ballroom dancing makes for my Lummox-Style that keeps me grounded. That said, I -can- get to the top rope. Do I want to? No... Fear of heights.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bloodborne is very edge lord and try hard, it exposes the game for what it is - a desperate pull for people who stan for the Souls series to play another game.

The formula is tired. However if you've not really played many others I can see how you may enjoy it. Either that, or being a like, twenty something manbabby. Both of those types of folks tend to like Trashborne.

Top Bottom