• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

imBask

Banned
Bloodborne is very edge lord and try hard, it exposes the game for what it is - a desperate pull for people who stan for the Souls series to play another game.

The formula is tired. However if you've not really played many others I can see how you may enjoy it. Either that, or being a like, twenty something manbabby. Both of those types of folks tend to like Trashborne.

I disagree with the manbabby part, but I agree that Bloodborne was way too edgy and try hard. It's the weakest game in the franchise.

People shit on 2 all the time but they keep spewing the same trash they all saw from that one video review that one guy made.

Zach

...pepper NeoGAF Vince McMahon with dropkicks. When he goes high, you go low. Never attempt to grapple. If the beast is stunned, use springboard attacks for best results. Never be seduced into a cross body attempt...

Zach

Bloodborne is very edge lord and try hard, it exposes the game for what it is - a desperate pull for people who stan for the Souls series to play another game.

The formula is tired. However if you've not really played many others I can see how you may enjoy it. Either that, or being a like, twenty something manbabby. Both of those types of folks tend to like Trashborne.

So, like, you don't like the game's fans?

Okay.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Okay.
Yeah, so you'd better not like it or there's gonna be trouble!

I found it really repetitive ane wasn't very inspired, and it was infectious. Also dumb bosses.

Sephzilla

This made me cringe harder than the Old Day segment from last night

I disagree with the manbabby part, but I agree that Bloodborne was way too edgy and try hard. It's the weakest game in the franchise.

People shit on 2 all the time but they keep spewing the same trash they all saw from that one video review that one guy made.

Dark Souls 2 is bad and anyone who doesn't think it's the worst Souls game needs to severely re-evaluate their taste. That game is Devil May Cry 2 tier compared to the rest of the Soulsbourne games

Okay.

I think my sarcastic comment about him hating it because it's popular is more accurate than I realized

So this is the inspiration for Hell in a Cell or what? I've heard a lot of hushed, excited whispers about this in the last few days but not a lot of details. A tape thought lost forever? Ellering had it but forgot to tell everybody?
Yeah Shawn was pitching this idea to management as a creation for the hiac.

Vinny Mac and his controversial kideo game posts, could be part of Wrasslegaf bingo at this point.

Did they fire every writer or did Vince die? what happened? why is wrestling fun again?

Because you're forgetting the next 2 hours of inevitable filler content.

Glad to say after catching up on everything after Raw's first hour, I was damn right.

Sasha worked me into a shoot and i'm not sure why they went in that direction.

imBask

Banned
Dark Souls 2 is bad and anyone who doesn't think it's the worst Souls game needs to severely re-evaluate their taste. That game is Devil May Cry 2 tier compared to the rest of the Soulsbourne games

stop being a sheep Seph, it's a great game. 1>3>2>noweaponsnoreplayabilityshittyonlinechromaticaberrationborne

A single bloodborne trick weapon is often more fun that the entire avalanche of useless DS2 weapons and that's a shoot into a visceral attack.

klonere

Banned
lmao at using the term "edge lord" to describe a fan Bloodborne

oh your so edgy liking a popular and critically acclaimed video game. step up Vince.

That gems collection looks great, Regal vs Joe was the real wtf for me. Rollins vs Hero should be good too, they really need to get on chucking the whole OVW/FCW/early Florida NXT on the network. Like, why can't I go watch Ambrose vs Regal or Ivelisse's 3 NXT matches.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
lJjwbqd.jpg
I appreciate you.

Sephzilla

Yeah I was about to say there are more weapons in Bloodborne that are end game viable than there are in Dark Souls 2. Because Dark Souls 2 has an avalanche of redundant and useless weapons that are there to fool you into thinking it has more diversity than Dark Souls 1.

i hate those Souls games, they're hard to the point of frustration for me.

but god damn do I love the art styles they incorporate in them. I wish a more conventional hack n slasher (devil may cry, ninja gaiden etc.) was made with this art team.

Anth0ny

dark souls 2 is still better than 95% of games released today

it's not a bad game by any means. don't make me shoot on you, seph.

it just had the gargantuan task of following one of the GOATs. of course it wasn't going to live up to the first dark souls.

imBask

Banned
Yeah I was about to say there are more weapons in Bloodborne that are end game than there are in Dark Souls 2. Because Dark Souls 2 has an avalanche of redundant and useless weapons that are there to fool you into thinking it has more diversity than Dark Souls 1.

like most people I did my first run with the first weapon you get, there was no incentive to find anything better

I never finished my second run because the game is boring as shit and doesn't have the same replayability the first 2 had. Also the online coop and PVP is absolute trash compared to DS1 et DS2 and that's what made those game so incredible to me

Jamie OD

Also - what is with seemingly everyone having spray tans lately? It was especially noticeable on Enzo, Gallows, and Anderson last night

It's been like that for a while. It's why most of the roster wrestles in black so the rubbed off tan isn't noticeable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vinny Mac and his controversial kideo game posts, could be part of Wrasslegaf bingo at this point
Oh, I'm not that controversial at all. I tell it like it is, daddeh. There's plenty of stuff I like that a lot of other people don't agree with but I'm right, and I know I'm right. Like Assassins Creed 1 is far more amazing than any other AC game, period. Vision counts for a lot.

Kane and Lynch 2's multiplayer is one of the finest things, and the game is excellent as well.

Super Mario World is the best Mario game, 3 kinda stinks but at least is content heavy. That's not controversial, though.

Sonic games just aren't fun to me, feels like going fast then immediate stops. That doesn't work well with me. Adventure 1 was great though and some of those post-16 bit soundtracks were goofy and good.

SNK is the best fighting game company around

Mutation Nation was a good game

Life Force was a pretty good NES kideo

The Willow arcade game was fantastic, and had a surprisingly good soundtrack too, shame nobody could ever hear it

The Punisher is the best 2d beat em up ever created, yes better than all the Streets of Rage games and Final Fight (which is a great #2)

Dimahoo is my favorite shmup

Gran Turismo series is dead to me and has been for many years, so sterile and cold. Forza is better on all accounts

Last Blade 2 is a better game than Samurai Shodown, but I sure do like the characters in SamSho

Mega man X series is dogshit, and always will be

Art of Fighting did some really cool stuff but wasn't as fun as Real Bout FF

That's about as crazy as I get. I've got a lot more opinions, but I won't make separate posts with them anymore.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't get a good answer because it's all in Japanese, but is STARDOM's tournament over or still to finish? It sounds like it's been fantastic. Can't wait for it to hit their streaming service.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also another hot take from the NVM Mental Archives

Sex isn't scary or bad

Aiii

So not worth it
We should feel bad for even discussing this very mundane thing.

Girl should feel bad for being an asshole and putting that shit online.

Basically everyone loses.

Except Seth, because congrats on the sex.

Yeah, in an ideal world, this is all fine.

In practice, they have advertisers, kids, a "morality clause", and a prior history.

I'd be surprised if anything really happened.

Assuming it's actually him.

Seth Rollins, supposedly met a girl at a bar yesterday after Raw and exchanged numbers. Presumably, she put this online. Maybe because he was being a jerk and she wanted to bring him down, but I wonder if she can get sued or something.
Maybe not sued. People have done worse but only get humiliated on social media and they learn their lesson. Seth needs to protect himself especially since he's a face on the tv. Great timing with those comments from last week. Damn.

Top Bottom