• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Zach

The Punisher is the best 2d beat em up ever created, yes better than all the Streets of Rage games and Final Fight (which is a great #2)

I'll have to look into this.

And I'd like to talk about Bloodborne some more, but I'm kinda biz at work right now. I'll return to have my revenge, though.

klonere

Banned
Kane & Lynch 2 is an interesting video game with an uncompromising visual style and storytelling and we need more of them.

I love Max Payne 3 but it struck me that K & L 2 did that whole genre better (even if Max Payen was smoother to play).

Maybe I'm just a sucker for pulpy, crass noire though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kane & Lynch 2 is an interesting video game with an uncompromising visual style and storytelling and we need more of them.

I love Max Payne 3 but it struck me that K & L 2 did that whole genre better (even if Max Payen was smoother to play).

Loved that they didn't have any collectibles, period. It was balls to the wall the whole time and you never stopped because there was never a reason to stop. Shit was fantastic. I hope we get a K&L3, I really do. I liked those two fucked up mans.

hell yes. (max payne 2 is the best third person shooter for me though)

man I would love to see another shooter game with that Kane and Lynch 2 style presentation. felt a lot like a michael mann film, down to the "digital cam" look. i feel like there's no room for that kind of experimentation now with the AAA budgets we're seeing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who are you talking to??
It's in reference to these Seth Rollins texts. It shouldn't be an issue how he spends his time if it's between two consenting adults. Nobody gave Ric Flair shit for it.

miserable

anybody seen this match from 2001? from a Giant Baba Memorial show

Kensuke Sasaki & Toshiaki Kawada vs. Genichiro Tenryu & Hiroshi Hase

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
anybody seen this match from 2001? from a Giant Baba Memorial show

Kensuke Sasaki & Toshiaki Kawada vs. Genichiro Tenryu & Hiroshi Hase
I think I have. I seem to remember Hase doing what he does best, throwing people around.

Zach

It's in reference to these Seth Rollins texts. It shouldn't be an issue how he spends his time if it's between two consenting adults. Nobody gave Ric Flair shit for it.

I didn't read the texts and I'm skimming right past the posts about it. Just not something I'm interested in.

P.S. I had Sports Entertainment Xtreme yesterday morn. Are you happy I shared? Yes, you are.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't read the texts and I'm skimming right past the posts about it. Just not something I'm interested in.

P.S. I had Sports Entertainment Xtreme yesterday morn. Are you happy I shared? Yes, you are.
yeah, I dunno why people focus on that area so much. Those worried about it need it!

Zach

So, that Bloodborne. It's pretty fun. I made it to the second stage, I think. Old Yarnball or whatever. Some dude shooting at me from far away. I eventually climbed some ladder and got rocked by a dude with hunter-ish skillz. Maybe it was shooting guy? I dunno. Always lost.

Anyway, fun game still. I'm worried I'm going to eventually hit a wall and not be able to progress. I'll just drop it if it gets super frustrating, though. I feel like I've already got $13.00 out of it.

klonere

Banned
Loved that they didn't have any collectibles, period. It was balls to the wall the whole time and you never stopped because there was never a reason to stop. Shit was fantastic. I hope we get a K&L3, I really do. I liked those two fucked up mans.

No filler all killer.

hell yes. (max payne 2 is the best third person shooter for me though)

man I would love to see another shooter game with that Kane and Lynch 2 style presentation. felt a lot like a michael mann film, down to the "digital cam" look. i feel like there's no room for that kind of experimentation now with the AAA budgets we're seeing.

Agreed, something with that visual flair is desperately needed now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just think the Souls games have been as same-y as the musou games and don't get any of the shit for it. Any criticism is usually met with the video game equivalent of 'gimmick poster' ie 'yer just bad' at a game series that involves regularly exploiting broken mechanics to achieve victory.

I remember people losing their shit over the international release of Demon's Souls and importing it and it's been same old shit since then except with a fanbase that thinks it's some revolutionary concept that reinvents the genre every time they put a new one out

and I was just thinking about Kane & Lynch 2's campaign like yesterday

So, that Bloodborne. It's pretty fun. I made it to the second stage, I think. Old Yarnball or whatever. Some dude shooting at me from far away. I eventually climbed some ladder and got rocked by a dude with hunter-ish skillz. Maybe it was shooting guy? I dunno. Always lost.
Most people cheese it so he falls off the tower by charging and hitting him, or staying on the ladder until he accidentally walks off.

Sephzilla

I just think the Souls games have been as same-y as the musou games and don't get any of the shit for it. Any criticism is usually met with the video game equivalent of 'gimmick poster' ie 'yer just bad' at a game series that involves regularly exploiting broken mechanics to achieve victory.

I remember people losing their shit over the international release of Demon's Souls and importing it and it's been same old shit since then except with a fanbase that thinks it's some revolutionary concept that reinvents the genre every time they put a new one out

Musou games get shit for it because musou games are shallow as shit games while the Souls games have some depth to them.

Zach

and I was just thinking about Kane & Lynch 2's campaign like yesterday

What do you mean by "exploiting broken mechanics"?

And it's fun and challenging, and I'm kinda fond of the over-the-top, edgy, Undertaker-y art style of the game. But revolutionary? I'm not seeing why people would think that.

Most people cheese it so he falls off the tower by charging and hitting him, or staying on the ladder until he accidentally walks off.

Haha, what the f. Is this an example of "exploiting [the] broken mechanics"?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Musou games get shit for it because musou games are shallow as shit games while the Souls games have some depth to them.
There's not much mechanical depth to them. Story, sure, not mechanically though.

bjork

Gotta go pick up my rental at 8, go to my uncle's shop and show him photos to see his opinion, and then decide if I'm even gonna call my insurance or not. If it's a lost cause, I don't know why I'd report it instead of getting a new car and switching the coverage over.

Part of me really hopes it can be fixed, but deep down I know I'd be scared of driving it after this.

Sephzilla

no they dont

CMPunkYeahOkayPal.gif

Meanwhile, here's a gif of playing every musou

button-mashing-1.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta go pick up my rental at 8, go to my uncle's shop and show him photos to see his opinion, and then decide if I'm even gonna call my insurance or not. If it's a lost cause, I don't know why I'd report it instead of getting a new car and switching the coverage over.

Part of me really hopes it can be fixed, but deep down I know I'd be scared of driving it after this.
Let your soul drive safe, get the greatest car of all time

The 1989 Lamborghini Countach

Still a BEAUTIFUL car after all these years.

Zach

I've actually been pretty surprised with the simplicity of Bloodborne's combat. I mean, I'm sure there are things I don't know, and new things will pop up (right?), but I expected to have to learn a lot more to make any progress.

CMPunkYeahOkayPal.gif

Meanwhile, here's a gif of playing every musou

button-mashing-1.gif

:D

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've actually been pretty surprised with the simplicity of Bloodborne's combat. I mean, I'm sure there are things I don't know, and new things will pop up (right?), but I expected to have to learn a lot more to make any progress.
Not really, you can beat the game without learning anything new, and anything new you learn is basically the same thing you were doing.

It's shallow like that. Not a big deal, shallow can be nice. Like that new mobile Naruto game. But I like it.

bjork

I'm shooting for "this thing is under $10k and can last me until I escape california."

That Mercedes was $8500 out the door, so I'm hoping I have similar luck this time around.

Kaladin

So Hermine passed directly overhead as a high powered Tropical Storm late Thursday night. We were without power for 21 hours, but that was the worst of it. Our yard just has a bunch of limbs and shit all over it, but nothing big. Trees came down all over the place and we heard many Transformers explode throughout the night. The center passed directly between my town and the next town over. It was a rough time before the power came back on. From what I read, about 10k - 20k in our county lost power, with around 90k in the state of Georgia loosing power altogether. I'm back to work for the first time since Thursday afternoon and everything is fine here save for a few down trees. This is right outside where I work :

It could have been a lot worse. It has been a long time since this area has had a direct hit even from a Tropical Storm. I'm just glad the hurricane wasn't more powerful than it was when it made landfall because we are far enough in that a powerful hurricane can still be a hurricane when it gets to us if that ever happens.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It really is.
There's not a heck of a whole lot that was made in the 80s, and looks like it, but doesn't rely on nostalgia. It's somehow timeless, yet being perfectly representative of what ruled at the time. It's my dream car. Someday!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm shooting for "this thing is under $10k and can last me until I escape california."

That Mercedes was $8500 out the door, so I'm hoping I have similar luck this time around.
I've honestly been happy with my 09 Scion XD (even though I look ridiculous getting out of it because it's smaller) and have had no issues. When you drive, it feels like an extension of your body and you always know where your boundaries are. It's been good since 2008, and I've been happy with that purchase.

Sephzilla

That car is so unquestionably 80s that I love it. It's right up there with the Delorian and the KITT car in terms of "I see it and immediately think 1980s"

I got gifted DBZ Xenoverse. Not sure if I will even have time to play, but seems like it could be mindless fun.

Xenoverse is flawed and a bit shallow but god damn I had fun with it. It's more an action RPG than a fighting game - and I kind of like that because I'm sick of DBZ fighters.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
a gif of everyone playing souls games
Bouncywikilogo.gif

you're hung up on the what and not the execution. the souls games are well made games

except they're easily broken so they're not at all? well made game where i shoot a dragons tail from under the bridge until it dies. well made game where i sit in the ribcage of a corpse and kill the boss because his hitbox cant get to me.

Musou games are great. There is definite depth there, not on the level of say Bayonetta or DMC, but there is still a level that exists.

Also Final Showdown is in Yakuza 6. 2 player mode as well. No word on online.

HYPE.

Top Bottom