• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Fox318

Honestly Nia should team with Bayley. Right now she's typecasted because she happens to be bigger than most of the women in the roster.

tumblr_od24tmYMP91u1ljrzo1_500.gif

zPCQS42.jpg

Anth0ny

Watching the evolution of punk finale.

Punks striking still doesn't look great and everything I've seen of gall looks like an improvement over his amateur and UFC fights.

Not to mention he's going to be in a world of hurt when Hall throws his first elbow.

does phil come crawling back to vince by this upcoming mania? or the next one?

klonere

Banned
Nia can't suppress her nice demeanor, no matter how hard she tries. I say turn her and make her head of a women's stable or team. Make her be that motherfucker you don't want to anger. Have her be Bayley's guardian angel.

Ya this is what I've been saying for ages, even down in NXT, the pairing with Bayley makes a ton of sense though, I would have liked to see that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nia needs to be released and see if she's actually worth her salt where she'd have to prove it.

No amount of Performance Center coddling is going to give her a personality or any kind of 'aura'. They'll just tell her to scowl more and it won't do anything. It's why I'm glad Scott's son went to NJPW first before going to NXT.

Fox318

does phil come crawling back to vince by this upcoming mania? or the next one?
Honestly I hope for his sake he stays away unless he somehow gets a Brock deal where he practically controls his dates and his booking.

One thing about that series is he has no reason to be mad about life when he has somebody as supportive as AJ in his life. She comes across like a saint and is probably the only thing that keeps punk from pulling a Martin Lawrence.

Lothar

Banned
I put on the the network last night and saw that it had a collection of greatest matches ever. It was like Flair vs Steamboat, Flair vs Funk, HHH vs Undertaker, lol, Has this thread talked about that?

There was also a collection of old DX moments and Austin/McMahon moments. That looks really cool and useful for people who weren't watching back then. There needs to be more of that. They could show many entire rivalries in that format. There should be Shawn/Jericho and Bret/Austin collections. I wish we could easily make our own collections to show to people. I would make a Jericho in WCW collection.

Recall

Nia needs to be released and see if she's actually worth her salt where she'd have to prove it.

No amount of Performance Center coddling is going to give her a personality or any kind of 'aura'. They'll just tell her to scowl more and it won't do anything. It's why I'm glad Scott's son went to NJPW first before going to NXT.

Then she comes back and creative and writers still fucking suck?

The Heyman approach might be needed. Hide the negatives, push the positives.

Mahonay

Banned

Lol she's part of the Anoa'i family. She's not going anywhere regardless if she's actually qualified enough to have a position on the roster.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Then she comes back and creative and writers still fucking suck?

The Heyman approach might be needed. Hide the negatives, push the positives.

It's nothing to do with the writing of the storylines. The Asuka feud could have been good but Nia herself is COMPLETELY unfitting her character. She is the least intimidating monster I've ever seen. She never looks confident. She hasn't even gotten to the point where the storyline writing is the issue.

Mahonay

Banned

Punks striking still doesn't look great and everything I've seen of gall looks like an improvement over his amateur and UFC fights.

Not to mention he's going to be in a world of hurt when Hall throws his first elbow.
The glimpses I've seen of Punk's training, he looks so fucking slow.

imBask

Banned
That's not true. But that gif was a poor display.

if Seth was in that gif, we'd have 4 pages of people talking shit about him by now. She always gets a free pass, ALWAYS

She has the worst finisher in the business
she's not the best in the ring
her gimmick is literally John Cena's

I hate the idea of Bayley's fanboys more than I hate Bayley

Cagey

Banned
Yikes. She's terribly boring as is but I was content with just thinking she was Good But Boring, except for that shit finisher. Might have to reconsider.

She's not athletic enough or strong enough to compensate for coming off as not mean, and she's not mean enough to compensate for the lack of athleticism or strength. She's just a tall, very heavy woman.

Fox318

I'm not saying you are wrong but I'm not sure if her situation is all her fault.

Sephzilla

if Seth was in that gif, we'd have 4 pages of people talking shit about him by now. She always gets a free pass, ALWAYS

That's because Seth would have sidelined his opponent for 5 months

Fox318

Speaking of people who should be cut to prove their worth like a Cody Rhodes both of IRS's kids should have to prove their worth.

Zach

Uhhh... I feel bad for you. Not because you don't like Bayley. That's fine. But some of your criticisms are disputable, and you're acting like they're not. Because "Bayley's fanboys". I mean, that's kind of a non-starter. There is no discussion to be had there.

klonere

Banned
Seth is the savior of NOAH #GlobalNavigation

Seth Rollins
@WWERollins
About to hit 3 continents & 4 countries in 5 days on this @WWE #globalnavigation tour. Stoked to see everyone in London, Manila & Shanghai.

Fantomex

Punk is gonna get rocked. I feel bad for him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I put on the the network last night and saw that it had a collection of greatest matches ever. It was like Flair vs Steamboat, Flair vs Funk, HHH vs Undertaker, lol, Has this thread talked about that?

There was also a collection of old DX moments and Austin/McMahon moments. That looks really cool and useful for people who weren't watching back then. There needs to be more of that. They could show many entire rivalries in that format. There should be Shawn/Jericho and Bret/Austin collections. I wish we could easily make our own collections to show to people. I would make a Jericho in WCW collection.
It's nice that they've been doing collections, but they have a long way to go to make great ones. There's a hidden gems collection that hit today that looks pretty interesting to me. I'd love to see some collections curated by wrestlers themselves, like Kane's Favorite Kane Matches, or Daniel Bryan's Favorite Tag Team matches.

I would LOVE to see a legit Vince McMahon's Favorite Debuts. I wonder what he loved. God, and with commentary...that'd be so good.

I still feel the network is sleeping on having matches with the people involved doing their own wrestlers commentary of what they're doing, like how Scott Hall used to do.

Ithil

Did Bo Dallas actually come out all serious with signs and squash a jobber or did I have some kind of fever dream?

Sephzilla

Also I wouldn't say the Bayley to Belly is the worst finisher in the business. Not when Big Show's KO punch is still a thing.

I would LOVE to see a legit Vince McMahon's Favorite Debuts. I wonder what he loved. God, and with commentary...that'd be so good.

I would love to delve into the mind of Vince like this. Just a peak into his crazy world.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did Bo Dallas actually come out all serious with signs and squash a jobber or did I have some kind of fever dream?
Lmao, this happened? If so I need to watch the Hulu version and hope it wasn't cut.

imBask

Banned
Uhhh... I feel bad for you. Not because you don't like Bayley. That's fine. But some of your criticisms are disputable, and you're acting like they're not. Because "Bayley's fanboys". I mean, that's kind of a non-starter. There is no discussion to be had there.

but they are fanboys. That's t he definition of a fanboy, you're a fanboy. She never gets shit ever, she's always the best, she's always perfect, it's always about the booking/her opponent/the weather

Cagey

Banned
Honest question: is there anything different about her belly to belly suplex that warrants elevating the move to finisher status?

Anth0ny

Honestly I hope for his sake he stays away unless he somehow gets a Brock deal where he practically controls his dates and his booking.

One thing about that series is he has no reason to be mad about life when he has somebody as supportive as AJ in his life. She comes across like a saint and is probably the only thing that keeps punk from pulling a Martin Lawrence.

I feel like his ultimate goal in life is to be that top guy, get paid top guy dollars, without having to work like a top guy. So, a Brock deal, yeah.

Work 4 dates a year, eat a beef sandwich on his couch with AJ for every other day.

imBask

Banned
Honest question: is there anything different about her belly to belly suplex that warrants elevating the move to finisher status?

i'd be ok with that suplex if she made it look spectacular, kinda like what The Rock did with his moves, or Orton with the RKO, or Jake with his DDT

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Worst current finisher on the main roster is probably...

No, it absolutely IS the Zig-Zag. Worst finisher and it isn't even a contest.

Sephzilla

Since the Walls of Jericho and Liontamer are now two separate moves, Jericho's Walls of Jericho/Boston Crab looks weak as fuck. It's Rock Sharpshooter tier bad.

You could apply this logic to a good chunk of finishers in WWE. But it's mostly just because she calls it her finisher and her opponents usually sell pretty good for it. Dana actually sold the Bayley to Belly like a champ when they had their match.

Zach

but they are fanboys. That's t he definition of a fanboy, you're a fanboy. She never gets shit ever, she's always the best, she's always perfect, it's always about the booking/her opponent/the weather

Are you saying I'm a fanboy with that "you're a fanboy"? You're losing me. I certainly don't think Bayley is perfect, but I think overall, she is great and fun.

She's a master of it, you see?

(It's wrestling. A move is what you make it.)

I strongly dislike the finisher Roode used at TakeOver. Weak as fuck looking.

Now there's no making a pumphandle slam into a good finisher, though. >_>

klonere

Banned

all the women are relatively shit in ring, Bayley just has a great character, which comes across as more natural than Cena shtick ever was and that elevates her matches and feuds when employed correctly.

That's how wrestling used to work right? Character over in ring?

Top Bottom