• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like a good sit-out power bomb. Batista had it right.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Through history nothing will top Arn's Spinebuster as one of the best if not the best, but what else is up there?

Dark horse entrant: Rick Martel's Boston Crab was great.

tumblr_od24tmYMP91u1ljrzo1_500.gif

zPCQS42.jpg
Charlotte is dangerous in the ring, look at how she injures Bayley here

Sephzilla

i love you guys but...

there is zero chance punk ever returns. i think you all underestimate how toxic that relationship between him and the company was even after his exit.

Don't get me wrong, i would mark the fuck out to the point that it freaks my wife and kids out, but it isnt happening.

Punk's relationship with WWE isn't even remotely as toxic as Bret Hart's relationship with the company was. And Bret came back.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kevin Nash has a great powerbomb

it's also the safest powerbomb in pro wrestling and it fits his character completely.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As far as submission finishers go though, Rings of Saturn was also one of my favorites. Saturn never did it lazy, always thrashed about and that gave it a lot of credence. I believed he was hurting them.

Mahonay

Banned
Kevin Nash has a great powerbomb

it's also the safest powerbomb in pro wrestling and it fits his character completely.
Just dropping an opponent from the powerbomb position looks like absolute shit, but maybe that's just me.
As far as submission finishers go though, Rings of Saturn was also one of my favorites. Saturn never did it lazy, always thrashed about and that gave it a lot of credence. I believed he was hurting them.
I feel like I remember Rings of Saturn always getting a big pop too.

Sephzilla

Bret Hart's Sharpshooter will always be my favorite submission finisher because the dude knew how to crank it and make it look savage without actually hurting his opponent. Rings of Saturn was also pretty great.
Chris Benoit's Crippler Crossface was pretty good too
. In hindsight Bob Backlund's Crossface Chickenwing was kind of cool too.

Oersted

if Seth was in that gif, we'd have 4 pages of people talking shit about him by now. She always gets a free pass, ALWAYS

She has the worst finisher in the business
she's not the best in the ring
her gimmick is literally John Cena's

I hate the idea of Bayley's fanboys more than I hate Bayley

Pure babyface isn't a gimmick

Cagey

Banned
pop-up powerbobm is easily the worst powerbomb

no buildup. powerbomb shouldn't be some dumb 'outtanowhere' move
It's also wholly unbelievable against most of the roster. KO isn't throwing Orton in the air. Not his fault though. Most wrestlers couldn't effectively make that move work against most others. Just powerbomb dudes.

Sephzilla

I like the Pop Up Powerbomb but I sort of wish the Bullfrog Splash was KO's finisher. He does that really well. The Bullfrog Splash is to KO what the Blue Thunder Bomb is to Sami Zayn - a great looking move that looks better than his actual finisher.

I don't know if I agree with this in the slightest and, realistically, I don't think Punk is comparing this ordeal to that of Bret's anyway.

Vince is already on record as saying he'd welcome Punk back if Punk wanted to return. And, as long as Vince is alive, Vince will trump HHH. Personally I think Punk will come back at some point and I bet he'll take one of those cushy part-timer contracts and get a Mania main event just to prove a point.

Fantomex

Punk will get beat, go for another match, get beat. Take 6 months to decide hes spent too much money on trainers and come back to WWE to challenge Seth for the strap.

Mahonay

Banned
Vince is already on record as saying he'd welcome Punk back if Punk wanted to return. And, as long as Vince is alive, Vince will trump HHH. Personally I think Punk will come back at some point and I bet he'll take one of those cushy part-timer contracts and get a Mania main event just to prove a point.
Vince had a weird father-son dynamic with Punk even if he fucked him around booking wise. Vince would take him back in a second.

Sure, Vince's decision overrides HHH every time, but if a talent still has a huge issue with HHH they are much less likely to come back because he is a central part of the day to day operations.

klonere

Banned
Yeah the pop-up powerbomb looks pretty weak and is very unconvincing as a finisher.

The Bullfrog Splash would be an excellent finisher for Owens methinks

Kaladin

My only problem with the Pop Up powerbomb is that it's telegraphed to hell. Every time Owens throws someone into the ropes they should be doing everything they can to block that.

Bayley is fine as a character. With the exception of those moments where she's being written like she's a ten year old, then it just gets weird.

My only problem with the Pop Up powerbomb is that it's telegraphed to hell. Every time Owens throws someone into the ropes they should be doing everything they can to block that.
Pretty much my feelings with Ambrose's rebound lariat. If you knock the guy back against the ropes, know what the fuck he's gonna do.

Mahonay

Banned
I mean Irish Whips are a big part of every match, so it's somewhat believable they'd hit the ropes like they normally do.

Cagey

Banned
Yeah the pop-up powerbomb looks pretty weak and is very unconvincing as a finisher.

The Bullfrog Splash would be an excellent finisher for Owens methinks

I think the slam itself is dope.

I eyeroll when a 6'3" 240 guy has to jump in the air for Owens to execute the slam part of the powerbomb though.

I like that he just powerbombed Zayn last night.

...Cesaro would have been a good one to have the pop up powerbomb now that I think about it.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah but he throws people into the ropes in a very specific way to set up that move. It's never a standard irish whip.
Well this is the same world where people always stand up after receiving a second clothesline from John Cena despite there being 14 years of video evidence for what comes next.

Top Bottom