• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

If Kane had been in the main event instead of Big Show, and wasn't eliminated first, I'd have given Mania 2000 an A with no regrets. #Shootember

So you were backstage planning out the match?

How does this:

Always resemble this:

Which plays right into Bayley "hurting" her knee for it not being pulled off as she usually does? She's also not meant to be flying through the posts, it's more of a slide.

I must say the camera does a good job of hiding the fact that she didn't even connect.

bjork

I think friend bjork secretly wishes Roman Reigns was Stone Cold Steve Austin

He basically is. Austin was cool before he ever touched a world title, then his run was dumb as hell with "beat this guy with a guest time keeper/ref/enforcer/etc" in almost every match. Then he got free beers and just phoned it in for several years before he went home.

Also, fuck him anyway because he started that dumbass "what" nonsense, and his character's entire basis would later be reused in 10 years of Cena overcoming the odds.

Move doesn't even looks like it connects in the first gif.

Anyways, maybe the giant new ring-posts is the issue.
It's level of connection is irrelevant and yeah those new posts do look like they're taking up more space. Did Sami go for his DDT last night? EDIT: Nope but they're still playing the injured ankle angle.
I must say the camera does a good job of hiding the fact that she didn't even connect.

A strike not connecting in pro-wrasslin?

There's certain things I'm not hot on with Bayley but I didn't see a big deal with that botch since it looked play it played off in the story of the match.

bjork

I'm all for having some move that you use if someone's in a specific spot, but if it's something that isn't normal in the course of a match and it suddenly becomes normal *only* in that person's match, I always hate it. See: 619

Toki767

I'm all for having some move that you use if someone's in a specific spot, but if it's something that isn't normal in the course of a match and it suddenly becomes normal *only* in that person's match, I always hate it. See: 619

Like the drive by?

Sephzilla

He basically is. Austin was cool before he ever touched a world title, then his run was dumb as hell with "beat this guy with a guest time keeper/ref/enforcer/etc" in almost every match. Then he got free beers and just phoned it in for several years before he went home.

Also, fuck him anyway because he started that dumbass "what" nonsense, and his character's entire basis would later be reused in 10 years of Cena overcoming the odds.

Comparing Reigns to Austin is the biggest insult to Austin's legacy and achievements

Austin's run calls back to a time where WWF was attentive to crowd reactions and acted accordingly.

How could you ever compare him to Roman.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is for you Sephzilla - I know nostalgia is a big deal. I know it's tough to shake. But I honestly feel that you're going to get a TON out of some other peoples' runs if you dig way back. If you'd spend two hours, man, we could have you a believer on dudes like Bockwinkel, Terry Funk, Jumbo Tsuruta... We could feed you the best and you'd be eatin' good. Afterwards you'd say "yknow, I love Austin like a god, but I ALSO love these other dudes on that same level"

Just a couple hours of your time and you'd be a believer,
Daddeh

For what?
Other people violating his privacy? He should have an expectation of privacy.
And he should not be crucified for people showing private shit.

He should be crucified for being such a lame when sexting women.

"Let's have some adult fun". What kind of 90s phone sex line shit is that?

Sephzilla

Austin is a fine wrestler but he's not the god you prop him up to be.

Austin was a pretty great wrestler pre-neck injury. Even after the neck-injury he was still pretty good. He's one of the best mic workers of all time. One of the best characters of all time. Dude's merch rate was insane for the time frame he was popular in. Huge ratings draw.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Y'all really comparing Reigns to Austin now? A guy that can barely get cheers despite being the main event for 2+ years compared to one of the most over guys in company history?

cmon_son.jpg

Zach

Austin was a pretty great wrestler pre-neck injury. Even after the neck-injury he was still pretty good. He's one of the best mic workers of all time. One of the best characters of all time. Dude's merch rate was insane for the time frame he was popular in. Huge ratings draw.

See?

bjork

WWF Austin was interesting from Ringmaster up until WM14. After that, it doesn't matter if he was over, because everyone on the roster was over in 98. I'm not gonna act like he's the worst ever or anything like that, and the Roman comparison is mostly facetious, but the only way I could be like "dude fuck yeah Austin was the best his run was fucking rad as shit" or whatever is if I never ever revisited it to see how cruddy Attitude Era WWF is/was.

If I said "let's have some kid fun" would you be DTF? Hope not!

Some people are into weird ass role-play stuff, so who can tell.

cordy

Banned
TMZ.com reports that Scott Hall was kicked out of a T.G.I. Friday's restaurant for allegedly being drunk, rowdy, and harassing a bartender. According to a witness, Hall was drinking Coors Lights and having tequila shots. Hall allegedly called the female bartender a bitch and Hall got into a verbal exchange with the bartender's father. Hall was asked to leave and then somebody called the cops. Hall did eventually leave without a police report being filed. You can see video from the incident below:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/06/scott-hall-razor-ramon-kicked-out-airport-bar/

"-but bad guys do!"

I would go so far as to say he was still great a year after the injury too. He developed the brawler character in that time period and because that style plus the stunner we're literally the most over thing on the roster. Listen to any Raw during 98-99 and it literally sounds like the crowd reaches climax whenever Austin delivers a stunner. If the crowd didn't love it so much, he'd have to figure out a different style of work... which is exactly what he did after his heel turn and had that amazing match with Chris Benoit.

So Austin, great worker. One of the best, in fact.

Top Bottom