• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

jmdajr

9afde507_o.png

Excited about the possibilities.

Fantomex

Balor talking about Seff

"Well, people are entitled to their opinions, but as far as my opinion goes, I have been hurt a lot of time working, and it’s never been with Seth Rollins. Obviously, if you work a lot, you are going to get hurt. Occasionally, this just happened coincidently, and I just so happened to be working with Seth, so as far as I’m concerned Seth is one of, if not the best performer we have in this business. I feel that all the flack he gets is totally unwarranted. Any kind of slack he gets for being unsafe is really ridiculous."

Balor talking about Seff

"Well, people are entitled to their opinions, but as far as my opinion goes, I have been hurt a lot of time working, and it’s never been with Seth Rollins. Obviously, if you work a lot, you are going to get hurt. Occasionally, this just happened coincidently, and I just so happened to be working with Seth, so as far as I’m concerned Seth is one of, if not the best performer we have in this business. I feel that all the flack he gets is totally unwarranted. Any kind of slack he gets for being unsafe is really ridiculous."

Sounds like he's trying to get on Seth's good side so he doesn't injure him again. Sad!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tbh if Balor went heel when he returns and joins Owens I wouldn't hate it.

Meltzer said that Rollins *really* fucked Balor up and that while he will be back in the 6 months stated, don't expect it any earlier.

cordy

Banned
Meltzer said that Rollins *really* fucked Balor up and that while he will be back in the 6 months stated, don't expect it any earlier.

Poor Balor.

Good news about this is that we won't see the demon for months. We saw a glimpse of it so next time we see it should be a great while. Balor needs to only use it when feuds hit the third match now.

gun_haver

I wonder how many of us here are involved in the wrestling business but don't wanna give anything anyway and expose ourselves.

You guys want a shoot? Fine.

I think Sasha is overrated. Her 'boss' persona is forced, considering she is smaller than most women, she doesn't speak particularly well, and her wrestling is only above average. I think she is very sloppy, careless, and very dangerous. She was completely outshined at WM by both Becky and Charlotte during the triple threat. I legitimately fear for her in the ring. I shouldn't have to do that.

She's young and she will learn but I think she's nowhere near as polished as Bayley, Charlotte, or Becky.

I used to be pretty high on Sasha but after having essentially squash matches on RAW here and there and then have a brutal botch at almost every PPV she's involved in, I have cooled on her.

Come at me.

I think Sasha is overrated. Her 'boss' persona is forced, considering she is smaller than most women, she doesn't speak particularly well, and her wrestling is only above average. I think she is very sloppy, careless, and very dangerous. She was completely outshined at WM by both Becky and Charlotte during the triple threat. I legitimately fear for her in the ring. I shouldn't have to do that.

She's young and she will learn but I think she's nowhere near as polished as Bayley, Charlotte, or Becky.

I used to be pretty high on Sasha but after having essentially squash matches on RAW here and there and then have a brutal botch at almost every PPV she's involved in, I have cooled on her.

Come at me.
With her botchiness she probably won't be around long enough to learn.

Come at me.

No disagreement here. I enjoy Sasha but her "Boss" persona just doesn't work. It's so incredibly forced and feels "ratchet" at this point.

gun_haver

well two things

1. fuck all of you for those sasha comments

2. you're all totally right. sasha needs to ditch the boss gimmick. it's a racist caricature that has been superimposed onto her when in reality she's an anime watching, video game playing, marking out, wrestling nerd. She can't act or hold it up and if they want her as a face they should play into the fact that she's a fucking nerd and drop the racist 'legit' swagger crap. They're just so happy to have found someone who isn't too black, like Naomi or countless other black performers, but just black enough that they can stand next to her and say we're egalitarian here in the WWE.

as far as her wrestling goes, i dunno, i generally enjoy her matches. nobody knows what is actually safe and and what isn't except actual wrestlers so i wouldn't judge on that.

as far as her career being short cos she might get injured? as long as it doesn't effect her daily life, so what? she's like 23 or 24. she should HOPE she comes out of wrestling at 30 with a few hundred thousand, maybe even million if she's lucky, and move on to a totally unrelated career she can have a lifetime to build.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is corporate shenanigans 101:"Never whine.", "Never whine about other people." and "Be positive". Even when it is warranted. The people who buy into this shit are naive and all I have learned today is that Balor has his nose up his boss' ass.
Also a potential answer: shit happens and it's not Seth's fault

Syder

The Boss persona while she's face just shouldn't be a thing. I'm still high on her but I recognise her flaws, I think she's probably the worst out of The Four Horsewomen in-ring but that's by no means irreparable being the youngest in the group. I still think she's a very good, high intensity worker but WWE don't give her nearly enough matches (or mic time) so she goes all out in her PPV matches and ends up almost killing herself. She's far too eager to impress; a 24 year old should not be having a career threatening botch every fucking match. If she has the right people in her ear, I honestly believe in another 4 or 5 years she's going to be the best in the business...
if she hasn't broken her neck.

well two things

1. fuck all of you for those sasha comments

2. you're all totally right. sasha needs to ditch the boss gimmick. it's a racist caricature that has been superimposed onto her when in reality she's an anime watching, video game playing, marking out, wrestling nerd. She can't act or hold it up and if they want her as a face they should play into the fact that she's a fucking nerd and drop the racist 'legit' swagger crap. They're just so happy to have found someone who isn't too black, like Naomi or countless other black performers, but just black enough that they can stand next to her and say we're egalitarian here in the WWE.

as far as her wrestling goes, i dunno, i generally enjoy her matches. nobody knows what is actually safe and and what isn't except actual wrestlers so i wouldn't judge on that.

as far as her career being short cos she might get injured? as long as it doesn't effect her daily life, so what? she's like 23 or 24. she should HOPE she comes out of wrestling at 30 with a few hundred thousand, maybe even million if she's lucky, and move on to a totally unrelated career she can have a lifetime to build.
Sasha loses way too much of her appeal if the Boss character is dropped, given it's what made her popular in the first place. It might be horribly written right now, but that's the thing that got her well-known in the first place and she'd go way down the ladder if they changed that.

gun_haver

i mean you guys say sasha has career threatening botches all the time

did you ever consider that was how the move was supposed to look? like it was supposed to look dangerous, but wasn't? isn't that wrestling? just a slight chance you're being worked a little?

she's got what, some niggling back problem? big deal. all wrestlers have something like that. she's fine.

did you ever consider that was how the move was supposed to look? like it was supposed to look dangerous, but wasn't?

she's got what, some niggling back problem? big deal. all wrestlers have something like that. she's fine.
All wrestlers should have injuries that force them to not compete for a month? And you mean to tell me that she's SUPPOSED to land on her head and/or neck for every suicide dive?

Syder

did you ever consider that was how the move was supposed to look? like it was supposed to look dangerous, but wasn't? isn't that wrestling? just a slight chance you're being worked a little?

A person that had a concussion in May should not be working spots like that.

I don't believe it was an intentional spot anyway. Charlotte botched it.

RBH

It was a good week for WWE ratings-wise as Smackdown pulled in 2,835,000 viewers yesterday, the highest since the July 19 Draft episode. Taking that special episode out, it’s the highest of the year so far on USA Network. It was the top rated show on cable in the 18-49 demographic and second overall in terms of viewership. (Ratings credit: Showbuzzdaily.com)

Lothar

Banned
2. you're all totally right. sasha needs to ditch the boss gimmick. it's a racist caricature that has been superimposed onto her when in reality she's an anime watching, video game playing, marking out, wrestling nerd.

This is worse than anything Russo said today.

Hey guys, one of the few people on the roster that has an interesting character and a fun gimmick shouldn't have it. Shootember!

Edit: unless the post is sarcastic. In that case, good one. It's hard to tell sometimes.

We're talking about more then just the Summerslam screw-up. How about when she flat out landed on her neck during the match where she won the title?

cordy

Banned
Sasha's great but she was better in NXT. In NXT she wasn't being force-fed these promos, she was just herself, she went at her own pace and she didn't do unnecessary risks. Ambrose himself said only recently has he had any freedom with promos so imagine if you're Sasha trying to say what you want how you want. I still think these women (Sasha and Charlotte mostly) need to tone down this "huge major spot omg this means this match is a classic" crap they do. I don't want to see them do suicide dives and moonsaults in every single match, it's crazy. Becky's the best because she doesn't do that crap and yet her wrestling is top notch. Bayley's improvement is insane.

So nah, I'm not gonna disagree with the Sasha comments. Well, to a degree. She's dope but she isn't fucking amazing like they present it. Some of it is on them but other parts is on her.

Just let her tone it down, let her be a heel, let her cut her own promos and shit let her tell more of a story in her matches like with Bayley than pulling out the same shit during Raw. Charlotte too.
2. you're all totally right. sasha needs to ditch the boss gimmick. it's a racist caricature that has been superimposed onto her when in reality she's an anime watching, video game playing, marking out, wrestling nerd.

The problem is that's basically Bayley. She'd be a black Bayley.

Or a black Beatle according to Yeezy.

Top Bottom