• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

cordy

Banned
Not sure why people are surprised that SD didn't air the Slater promo. I mean, it's only 2 hours and they had too much. They had so little time they squashed the Usos lol. That Slater promo was over 5 minutes long and everything else was way more important than it. They can't take anything out that would make those 5+ minutes slide in there.

Pikma

Banned
Not sure why people are surprised that SD didn't air the Slater promo. I mean, it's only 2 hours and they had too much. They had so little time they squashed the Usos lol. That Slater promo was over 5 minutes long and everything else was way more important than it. They can't take anything out that would make those 5+ minutes slide in there.
Slater is the brand's main story if you take into the account all the time they've spend on it, so yeah, it should've been there

MG310

Lol my DVR info had John Cena listed as appearing on tonight's show

They've been running ads locally for the November 1st Smackdown in Newark and Cena is nowhere to be found.

Ad had AJ/Becky/Ziggler and then the dark match main event of Orton/Ambrose vs. Styles/Wyatt.

painey

I heard everyone shitting on WWE 2K16, but I got it on Xbox Gold for free and honestly, it's been a lot of fun so far. I beat Austins showcase mode and it was just straight up fun seeing all the old clips and hearing the real audio. I hope Career mode is fun.

Just heard Bryan is voting for Stein......you part of the problem you rube.

GG Bryan it's been fun.

EDIT: He's probably working me, playing his character, nvm he's the greatest ever.

So is the Gable injury a work? If it is, I guess that confirms that Heath and Rhyno are getting the belts. They don't wanna kill AA's credibility by having them lose.

Tagyhag

I heard everyone shitting on WWE 2K16, but I got it on Xbox Gold for free and honestly, it's been a lot of fun so far. I beat Austins showcase mode and it was just straight up fun seeing all the old clips and hearing the real audio. I hope Career mode is fun.

Well if you liked Austin's showcase mode, you'll love this year's.

miserable

hey Aiii I found your new avatar

punkbpsse.png

I see way, way too many people thinking that Slater and Rhyno should win on Sunday. Look, I like Slater as much as the next guy. He's entertaining enough and has done well in his role. It's admirable. But a team of him and Rhyno is worth so little in the long-term. The Usos crushing them and getting the heat from that, then allowing AA to chase them for the belts is so much more of a money program, both short-term and long-term, than making your inaugural champions Rhyno and a perennial job guy.

klonere

Banned
Is there any wrestler that wasn't some grundgy emo hardcore wrestler that wore a t shirt and made it work while wrestling?

I feel like if you are stepping into a WWE ring and it isn't a street fight you should be dressed for an athletic competition.

The WWE is not athletic competition

Did people get sufficiently hyped at the announcement that Evolve is trying to get Jeff Cobb?

Cobb vs. Riddle
Cobb vs. Hero
Cobb vs. Sabre (even if RevPro already had that match)
Cobb mauling Darby Allin

The Allin squash is going to be a thing of legend

Hasney

Hnnng, this Uso heel turn makes them slightly interesting and the beatdown leaves the door open for a Slater/Rhyno win. Kind of loved the super-calf-kick.

QKNsQb6.gif

Smackdown still A-showing it.

klonere

Banned
People are going pretty nuts about this Lupus vs Trauma I mask vs mask match (the one with the exceptionally bloody photo), talking about it being a MOTY. Definitely going to check it out tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYGF_njBYBg&feature=share

Pete Dunne > all your faves.

Dunne/Ward II is going down in OTT and it's going to be fascinating to see if the crowd is going to be as split as I think it will. Dunne's so good he's getting that Austin reaction now.

Hasney

DB on Talking Smack: "No, those fake retirement angles [like Sasha Banks] don't bother me. That one did because it was just bad though"

Best WWE show

klonere

Banned
I watched a quick clip of Talking Smack on the bus into work and was shocked to see WWE employees acting like regular human beings on camera.

It was so fucking good.

DB on Talking Smack: "No, those fake retirement angles [like Sasha Banks] don't bother me. That one did because it was just bad though"

Best WWE show
Daniel pretending like his retirement wasn't fake. We all know he had a face transplant and is really Zack Sabre JR.

Hasney

Oh no, DB stanning for Jill Stein. Weird place to do a heel turn.

Also, Dolph does political commentary apparently?

Hasney

He's very bad at it.

It's like his comedy, wrestling and acting - he tries too hard and it's patently clear.

Maybe they should have a wrestling political debate. Rhyno, Kane, Val Venis, DB, Ziggler and JBL.

I mean, I wouldn't watch it, but still.

UberTag

I want a big evil Samoan syndicate. They have a tag team, a woman, and a world champion. Do it.
Dwayne needs to give them a stern talking down-to heading into Mania.

He then needs to turn heel to the dismay of "the People" and endorse the Evil Samoan Syndicate, its new champion Roman Reigns and its new enforcer, Samoa Joe. Hell, give Nia and the Usos titles, too. Let them all carry gold.

klonere

Banned
Dwayne needs to give them a stern talking down-to heading into Mania.

He then needs to turn heel to the dismay of "the People" and endorse the Evil Samoan Syndicate, its new champion Roman Reigns and its new enforcer, Samoa Joe. Hell, give Nia and the Usos titles, too. Let them all carry gold.

You know the only way this ends is a McMahon vs Samoa feud.

Alexa and Becky don't deserve to be on Smackdown. Jesus the rest of that group is just bad. I'd rather watch a Bella match than be subjected to more Carmella matches.

klonere

Banned
I like to think Super Dragon and Excalibur were too lazy to go an actual PROGRESS show so they just booked one themselves with a few Americans involved as well. And Liger cos why the fuck not.

Alexa and Becky don't deserve to be on Smackdown. Jesus the rest of that group is just bad. I'd rather watch a Bella match than be subjected to more Carmella matches.

Having all the women and all the tag teams on one show really would have solved this problem.

I know the over whelming demographic of WWE is kids, but Smackdown really feels like a children's show with the jokes and promos.

The matches are better but they're losing me a bit with the AJ/Ambrose stuff. Ziggler/Miz doesn't fee that way though and Ziggy is doing some solid work.

Top Bottom