• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

imBask

Banned
how can anyone think Jericho needed the win more than AJ

post-2005 Jericho has been great with promos and being backstage, he doesn't need to win a match ever again because no one actually cares about in-ring Jericho anymore

I didn't get to watch SD last night because I was at work but the Usos turned heel!? Aw hell yeah UCE. Now lets get Big Roman to turn too UCE.

Lothar

Banned
how can anyone think Jericho needed the win more than AJ

post-2005 Jericho has been great with promos and being backstage, he doesn't need to win a match ever again because no one actually cares about in-ring Jericho anymore

He lost to Fandango at a WM. He needs all the wins he can get. He badly needed to repair his status. And I think he has repaired it. Now he's someone that everyone takes more seriously. It's not weird anymore when he beats Enzo or Nevelle clean. When he's fighting Seth, they look to be at about the same level. That wasnt the case in his last run. He could be a plausible world champion now if they wanted to go with that.

imBask

Banned
He lost to Fandango at a WM. He needs all the wins he can get. He badly needed to repair his status. And I think he has repaired it. Now he's someone that everyone takes more seriously. It's not weird anymore when he beats Enzo or Nevelle clean. When he's fighting Seth, they look to be at about the same level. That wasnt the case in his last run. He could be a plausible world champion now if they wanted to go with that.

He shouldn't win, he shouldn't be in matches, he should be a manager

I still fucking HATE Jericho as a wrestler, I just like his current shtick and I don't get how anyone wants to see him wrestle anymore

miserable

CrviwE5WEAAUpOi.jpg:small

Tana fishing for another Dome main event lol

cordy

Banned
Not my dreamcard but I'm pretty damn sure most of WM will look like this...

- WWE Universal Title: Owens(c) vs Balor
- WWE World Title: Cena(c) vs Ambrose
- Raw Women's Title: Sasha(c) vs Bayley
- Smackdown Women's Title: Nikki(c) vs Becky
- Lesnar vs Reigns
- Triple H vs Rollins
- Styles vs Orton
- Ziggler vs Wyatt
- United States Title: Rusev (c) vs Zayn vs Cesaro vs Sheamus
- Intercontinental Title Ladder Match: Miz vs Kane vs Corbin vs Crews (c) vs Slater vs Rhyno vs Kalisto
- Raw Tag Titles: The Club(c) vs Enzo and Cass vs New Day
- SD Tag Titles: Usos(c) vs American Alpha vs Harper and Rowan vs Usos vs Breezango
- Multi-Women Match
- Andre The Giant Memorable Battle Royal

I don't think Taker's going to go again this year and if so, Ambrose will go against some heel for the belt. Probably Wyatt and then Ziggler would be thrown in that IC match. Ambrose/Cena's been hinted for a while, last night even brought it up so they'll likely clash at a WM.

Kaladin

This is the first year the old guard seems to be fading out of the Mania spotlight. Sure, we still have Lesnar, Cena and Triple H all gunning for Mania matches, but no Taker, no HBK, no legends shoehorned in at the last minute to fill a card void of talent. There is finally a roster of guys booked at the top who can carry this company if given half a chance.

miserable

This is the first year the old guard seems to be fading out of the Mania spotlight. Sure, we still have Lesnar, Cena and Triple H all gunning for Mania matches, but no Taker, no HBK, no legends shoehorned in at the last minute to fill a card void of talent. There is finally a roster of guys booked at the top who can carry this company if given half a chance.

hah. we'll see about that come March next year friend

Kaladin

Jericho really is great this run, he's come into this version of his character well.

I loved him pointing out that Owens was the longest reigning Universal Champion of all time.

Lothar

Banned
He shouldn't win, he shouldn't be in matches, he should be a manager

I still fucking HATE Jericho as a wrestler, I just like his current shtick and I don't get how anyone wants to see him wrestle anymore

You should be a manager. He just had the match of the night on Raw. He was in a pretty good tag match at Summerslam. How can you hate him as a wrestler?

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
He turned babyface.

Reigns would immediately become one of the best heels this past 5 years if he went heel. I mean, we saw how the Usos were when they turned. A heel Reigns is money.

100% correct here. Roman Reigns currently has no aptitude as a pure babyface. He works matches like a heel. When people like him its largely due to him doing monster heel shit and just fucking stuff up. Roman Reigns' in ring performances are so completely at odds with his booking. Also his mic time largely comes across as condescending with his aw shucks mannerisms. Dude is a heel, its just no one has told Vince. Hell, just look at the most recent feud with Rusev, dude legit made me feel bad for Rusev.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Director Lexi Alexander is working on Crossface, the biopic of the Benoit tragedy
Great pick. Lexi Alexander spends a lot of time getting things right and is an incredible director. Great pick for that. She's so good. Also did Punisher War Zone, the best representation of Frank Castle, uh, ever really.

Top Bottom