• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Recall

The only thing he's main evented was Raw...which was a better match thanks to The Big Dog.
ZdqyEtG.gif

Balor made Reigns look strong. It's the sign of a talented performer.

Just like how AJ did against Reigns in those PPV main events.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
So, as someone unfamiliar with Finn's NJPW work, was he better in ring NJPW? He has a cool look, and his entrances are pretty cool, but I don't think I have ever seen him have an amazing match. They're largely just competent. Anyone have any suggestions for great matches from him?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someone doesn't have Netflix
War Zone is superior, easily. Daredevil was nice, but it wasn't right on.
So, as someone unfamiliar with Finn's NJPW work, was he better in ring NJPW? He has a cool look, and his entrances are pretty cool, but I don't think I have ever seen him have an amazing match. They're largely just competent. Anyone have any suggestions for great matches from him?
On mobile so I don't have a link, but Prince Devitt vs Kota Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom was fantastic. Another Wrestle Kingdom match he was in was Devitt vs Ibushi vs Low Ki. Good stuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Not really. If anything, he probably benefits from not being surrounded by better wrestlers now like he was in NJPW.

Though even that's starting to slip away

Recall

so what you're saying is finn would be good as an enhancement talent

agreed

Bret always did a great job of making his opponents look like real threats. Bumped for his opponents and sold their offence to heighten his own comebacks.

Balor is no Bret but downplaying everything he does is pretty shitty but not unexpected here.

Recall

Reigns made Balor seem like a main eventer. Now that's a sign of a talented performer.

Classic NeoGAF.

Is it time we dig up the 2 years of Reigns shit posting which now everyone is back peddling on?

Next people will be telling me Rumble 14 and 15 were the best ever.

rrc1594

Bret always did a great job of making his opponents look like real threats. Bumped for his opponents and sold their offence to heighten his own comebacks.

Balor is no Bret but downplaying everything he does is pretty shitty but not unexpected here.

Same could be said about Roman

Yeah, they clearly don't want AA to win the tag titles right away and they with their building up Slater and Rhyno so AA will feud with the Usos for a while, maybe The Revival get called up in the Fall and get the titles leading to AA chasing until WrestleMania. Hopefully Vince can cool his dislike of tag wrestling and let them actually do what they've done so well in NXT.

They're forcing baby face bullshit on him when he's a natural dickhead heel, they keep trying to force the proverbial shoe to fit on the wrong foot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't use jiffs like that Seph. You said you liked Thomas Jane Punisher the best. Your EVERYTHING is suspect now.

Are you also one of those weirdos who thinks Legend of Dragoon was anything other than complete garbage trash? Because that game was poop, pressed to disc.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love how it suddenly turns out Reigns is considered good. Where was this support 2 years ago?
You can learn a lot in two years

Just look at Dana Brooke. Greener than grass, but now she's serviceable.

Very serviceable.

Finn's always been average

The only thing I've wavered on is 5 years ago I hoped his legs would still be functioning when he's 50, considering how often he does that dumbass stomp

Today I hope his legs are still functioning by the time Hillary wins reelection. Even a 4 year window for his survival seems too optimistic

rrc1594

Roman has never been garbage in the ring. People's hate for him lead to people saying that. If you think Finn or Seth is so much better then Roman in the ring your kidding yourself. Roman wrestles well enough to be in the ME picture. You know who's bad in the ring or doesn't give a fuck Dean. Dean doesn't wrestle like a main eventer.

Roman has always been serviceable in the ring. Same with Cena. People just got sick of their character.

Roman has never been garbage in the ring. People's hate for him lead to people saying that. If you think Finn or Seth is so much better then Roman in the ring your kidding yourself. Roman wrestles well enough to be in the ME picture. You know who's bad in the ring or doesn't give a fuck Dean. Dean doesn't wrestle like a main eventer.

Finn and Seth are that much better than Roman. They are on separate tiers.

I haven't seen it here, but I've noticed on other places it goes like this. Reigns has a good match, people claim he's being carried. Someone like Ambrose has a bad or meh match (like at Summerslam) and people break their backs with the reach they go to try and justify it.

Sephzilla

Don't use jiffs like that Seph. You said you liked Thomas Jane Punisher the best. Your EVERYTHING is suspect now.

I said I preferred that movie version.

I like Netflix Punisher better than all of them though, even if they cock teased the mini gun and never payed off on it.

Are you also one of those weirdos who thinks Legend of Dragoon was anything other than complete garbage trash? Because that game was poop, pressed to disc.

I don't mind Legend of Dragoon but it's gotten massively overrated over the years. Just like Crash Bandicoot.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I love how it suddenly turns out Reigns is considered good. Where was this support 2 years ago?

Reigns has improved drastically in the last 2 years. I still think he needs a decently long stint in the upper mid card to allow the stench of his forced pushes to clear a bit. Its not like nothing has changed though. 2 years ago Reigns was cutting "suffering sucotash" promos. Even though he has improved nicely, he will continue to be hated as long as they insist on him being Cena 2.0 when he is a natural heel.

Their Summer Slam match together was shit tier.

I haven't seen it here, but I've noticed on other places it goes like this. Reigns has a good match, people claim he's being carried. Someone like Ambrose has a bad or meh match (like at Summerslam) and people break their backs with the reach they go to try and justify it.
It doesn't happen much any more now that Roman isn't the champ. Just like how ratings won't matter soon too.

rrc1594

Roman has always been serviceable in the ring. Same with Cena. People just got sick of their character.

I'll give you Seth because he can lead a match unlike Roman, but not Finn. What I seen in the WWE his matches are very anti-climatic. They never live up to what I feel they should be.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I said I preferred that movie version.

I like Netflix Punisher better than all of them though, even if they cock teased the mini gun and never payed off on it.

I don't mind Legend of Dragoon but it's gotten massively overrated over the years. Just like Crash Bandicoot.
Ok... You're still on earth, then.

Kaladin

Is this Bizarro WrassleGaf? I know we normally turn heel on everyone we like, but starting to like wrestlers we hate?

What's next? Hustle, loyalty and respect?

rrc1594

I'm not saying Finn is bad but I wouldn't put him in my Top 5 workers right now.

Is this Bizarro WrassleGaf? I know we normally turn heel on everyone we like, but starting to like wrestlers we hate?

What's next? Hustle, loyalty and respect?

Cena has been putting in the work last 2 years.

I'm proud of all who are against homophobia. It's controversial here but your stance is worthy, right, and deserves acceptance. There's only one AJ worthy of love here, and that's Lee/Brooks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna fix AJ Styles. I believe he can be saved. Can't take the boy out of the country, but hopefully we can somehow get the cunt out of AJ.

Sephzilla

I'll give you Seth because he can lead a match unlike Roman, but not Finn. What I seen in the WWE his matches are very anti-climatic. They never live up to what I feel they should be.

I like Finn but I do agree with you here, his matches are anti-climatic

miserable

how come the Royal Rumble threads were locked this year and last year too? I can't remember for the life of me what happened. was WrassleGaf on probation or did somebody snitch?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
how come the Royal Rumble threads were locked this year and last year too? I can't remember for the life of me what happened. was WrassleGaf on probation or did somebody snitch?
It's always a snitch!
Might have been the Great Minion War. The one that sent it over the edge was a TNA gif of Tommy Dreamer using a Minion in a match.

This is all traced back to the hashtag #thankyoubootaaay

Top Bottom