• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

jmdajr

What's up with RuRu. Are they just hoping we forget about him until he attacks Reigns next week?

edit: Dude living the life. Hope it doesn't come crashing down hard on him.

Nekofrog

Banned
Even if Kane in 2016 shows up at No Mercy I'm still going to pop like a mofo because it's freaking Kane, one of my favorites from the era I watched in my teens. I don't care if he's old and fat and bald, hes still A-ok in my book and it's my first time seeing him live

Just dont take up 15+minutes please glenn

Kaladin

Legit question - Does anyone here think Punk is actually winning?

Not a chance. Punk is coming into this fight with less experience than anyone ever has at this level, and to boot, he's not facing a total can. He's against a guy with 2 first round subs in the pros and 3 amateur wins leaving him undefeated. If Punk wins, it's because Gall let him.

What's up with RuRu. Are they just hoping we forget about him until he attacks Reigns next week?
Rusev winning life with his wife on their honeymoon.

Judging by their photos, their real non-Total Divas wedding looked fun as fuck. There was like a carnival or some shit set up for it.

Zach

He IS from the south. He was probably raised around people who used it and doesn't think of it being as bad of a word. Again, using a word on a live mic is different from cameras picking it up unintentionally.

I'm not trying to come across as defending the guy, I'm just trying to understand the accusations. I would drop him as a favorite if I saw something that was a smoking gun that said he was a homophobe, but I have yet to see that smoking gun.

Kaladin. Come on.

Kaladin

The word being so commonly used has definitely removed the connection for a lot of people, generally it's the same thing as people saying things are "gay" when they mean they're stupid. Doesn't excuse it and that connection is a whole other issue, but a lot of people just use it as generic insult without thinking about what they're actually saying

If someone is in the Wrasslin' business they should really be more careful with what they're saying but obviously if you're in the moment and trying to get a reaction you're going to use the strongest word choices that come to mind

It makes it look a lot worse when you have "the gay community??" thing making him actually look uncomfortable with those people instead of spouting dumb shit without thinking

The last AAW show I went to had a few performers saying it, generally seemed like the crowd was against it until some drunk inbred fuck in the crowd thinks it's hilarious

The whole gay community thing comes across as something that could have been scripted to me and not totally from him. I dunno...I just don't get the total homophobe vibes from AJ. It all comes across as using the word to get a reaction and not thinking of it hurting someone.

I might be totally wrong and I'm willing to accept it if I am, but I just don't see need to pile on AJ for that till he shows it more in his own personality.

I'm not crazy like NVM is but I'd be willing to make a month long avatar bet around #PunkWins and #PunkLoses

I'll take the most obnoxious av anyone here can make of Punk on the astronomically slim chance he wins. I never do av bets, that's how confident I am that #PunkLoses

klonere

Banned
Look at the expression on the kids face in the top right of the shot. That's a shoot right there. Spoilered just in case but Boots has posted much worse unspoiler'd

ZRle5wC.gif

klonere

Banned
Yet Vince still thinks his tall guys are gonna draw viewers in.

I don't see Joe Rogan getting on his knees interviewing Conor.

I'm trying to think a feud where someone would equal Conor on the stick (that isn't just fucking Cena)

Even Miz falls short.

What happened to the sport of kings Fox?

Cagey

Banned
Finn Balor, the Demon King just won the championship after a cup of coffee in the big time.

WWE isn't exactly behind the times here.

Fox318

I'm trying to think a feud where someone would equal Conor on the stick (that isn't just fucking Cena)

Even Miz falls short.

What happened to the sport of kings Fox?

Wrestlemania 2000 happened.

Then when WCW fell the people in charge used the product to put themselves over, put their family over, put their political contributions over, and put over their legacy over.

No other media company has their CEO as head writer who also directs and produces its shows.

Sony not doing a good job of convincing me why I should spend a bunch of cash on a new telly and console.

*edit, seriously, £350 on a console, £350 on a TV when my current TV works just fine...why the fuck wouldn't I just build a gaming PC?

Anth0ny

the way they are presenting this shit is very boring

all they can say basically is:

"it's all the ps4 games... but in slightly higher resolution."

over and over and over

i'm sure it'll sell well enough, though.

Aiii

So not worth it
the way they are presenting this shit is very boring

all they can say basically is:

"it's all the ps4 games... but in slightly higher resolution."

over and over and over

i'm sure it'll sell well enough, though.

At least Apple had courage and 160 dollar in-ear headphones.

bjork

Hopefully the next time a hardware upgrade comes around, they know how to present it a little better. This is kinda iffy.

Top Bottom