• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

ReiGun

Like in said in the OT, the only way for this fight to end is for Punk to get laid out and then the camera zooms in on Triple H in the front row making the
I3FGOi3.png
face.

Menome

Oh, and for American Alpha to get the biggest babyface push they can possibly get at Backlash:

-AA quite soundly wipe the floor with HS/R through the match
-Gable goes for the pin on Slater, pulls himself away at a 2.5 count
-Looks at Jordan, looks at Slater. Does a bunch of "We gotta help him" gestures"
-Lays down and drags Slater's arm on top of him, giving Slater the win

So Slater gets the contract, the crowd loves it. American Alpha are seen as super good-guys and get over with the crowd by association with the Slater push.

Oh, and for American Alpha to get the biggest babyface push they can possibly get at Backlash:

-Looks at Jordan, looks at Slater. Does a bunch of "We gotta help him" gestures"

So Slater gets the contract, the crowd loves it. American Alpha are seen as super good-guys and get over with the crowd by association with the Slater push.

they arent in the title match

Following a blindside attack from The Usos after their SmackDown Tag Team Championship Tournament Match earlier in the night, SmackDown LIVE Commissioner Shane McMahon revealed on WWE Network’s Talking Smack that American Alpha member Chad Gable’s MCL was injured and he would be out of actions for two to four weeks.

Because of Gable’s injury, he will not be able to compete at Backlash, thus eliminating American Alpha from title contention. In their place will be the winners of a match between The Usos and fellow semifinalists The Hype Bros which will also take place at Backlash.

Keep tabs on WWE.com for further updates on Gable’s condition.

Punk can win. MMA is a very unpredictable thing. I mean, it's not like poker where the final table is always 80+% nobodies, but even the best get knocked out in the first round sometimes. Heck, Overeem is a monster and he only wins 3 out of 4 matches. Gall also seems overconfident.

Sephzilla

I was really hoping PS4 Pro would have the bonus of bumping games up to 1080p/60fps if you werent up-scaling to 4k. That would have sold me. Instead *fart noise*

Menome

they arent in the title match

Following a blindside attack from The Usos after their SmackDown Tag Team Championship Tournament Match earlier in the night, SmackDown LIVE Commissioner Shane McMahon revealed on WWE Network’s Talking Smack that American Alpha member Chad Gable’s MCL was injured and he would be out of actions for two to four weeks.

Because of Gable’s injury, he will not be able to compete at Backlash, thus eliminating American Alpha from title contention. In their place will be the winners of a match between The Usos and fellow semifinalists The Hype Bros which will also take place at Backlash.

Keep tabs on WWE.com for further updates on Gable’s condition.

Damn it. Just finished watching Smackdown and hadn't caught Talking Smack yet. Well, my booking would be better. /armchairVince

Like in said in the OT, the only way for this fight to end is for Punk to get laid out and then the camera zooms in on Triple H in the front row making the
I3FGOi3.png
face.
I don't know. Personally, I give it 50/50 odds that Triple H enters the Octagon in round 3 and swerves everyone with a pedigree on Gall.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hard to tell who is a good promo in the WWE because almost everyone is just following the same format that was written for them in the same delivery they were told to do it in NXT/FCW/DSW/OVW whatever.

It's always been that way. Some excel at it more than others(Rock, Hogan, Austin). Watch Diesel promos when he was a face or even a heel prior to his very last run then watch the Nash promos in the same year in WCW. It's the most obvious example of how awkward that stuff is for a lot of guys to read. because it's not well written and it's extremely formulaic and has been that way for the last 30 or so years.

Just now they have more cute little quips than they did before that makes no one laugh

My GOODNESS

September 7th: Ricochet has just been added to this Saturday's EVOLVE 68 in Deer Park, NY. It will be Ricochet vs. Matt Riddle vs. Tony Nese in a Three-Way Freestyle. We have three of the best athletes in all of professional wrestling in one match! This should be spectacular

Zach

Name one person, Cena excepted, who is as good on the mic as the Miz when "on".

The answer, my friend, is 0.

I'm not sure anyone is good on the mic from what I've seen. So, I guess Miz could be at the top of the crap heap. Shruuug.

Menome

I will probably buy a PS4 Pro eventually. My PC's good enough at the moment. More important for the next few months is saving up to move to a new flat.

Monday's Labor Day edition of WWE RAW, the first show with Kevin Owens as WWE Universal Champion, drew 3.069 million viewers. This is down from last week's 3.413 million viewers.

For this week's show, the first hour drew 3.350 million viewers, the second hour drew 3.066 million viewers and the final hour drew 2.792 million viewers. RAW was #5 on cable for the night in viewership, behind Major Crimes, Rizzolli & Isles and college football, and #3 in the 18-49 demographic, behind college football.

In comparison, the Labor Day 2015 RAW drew 3.338 million viewers.

Hasney

So basically you only really need the PS4 Pro if you have a 4k TV that can take advantage of the extras.

They were talking about supersampling from 4k to 1080. If you've ever done this on a PC, you know the results are fantastic on a 1080p display.

Top Bottom