• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Zach

1oRM1UB.jpg

Wish I could've found a higher quality gif. One of the better spears I've ever seen. Kanyon was great.

Just finished a reread of Jojo part 3. Iggy. :(
Pet Shop shoulda gone over in the first place.

Can you feel the weight and impact of those moves? I can't either!

Has anyone here played Kirby Planet Robobot?

Yep, it's a Kirby game alright.
A good one though, Robot gimmick just about mixes things up enough to feel fresher and more interesting than say Triple Deluxe.

klonere

Banned
Kenny calling out LIJ for being cool heels while still keeping kayfabe is a fucking masterstroke.

Shooting without actually shooting.

Luschient

Am I getting worked by this whole 30 lbs stuff? Or is there a legit chance Punk doesn't even fight on Saturday due to being overweight?

I already have the beer and grill ready to go on Sat night dammit!

Am I getting worked by this whole 30 lbs stuff? Or is there a legit chance Punk doesn't even fight on Saturday due to being overweight?

I already have the beer and grill ready to go on Sat night dammit!

It might be a Punk exaggeration. The more damning thing is the lack of weight cut, which yes is a legit good chance of him being done

If he shows up to the weigh in over 5 pounds overweight, let alone anywhere near double digits, don't be shocked at all if both Dana and Gall immediately say "fuck that, nope"

klonere

Banned
Kenny is a fucking master of new kayfabe. Addresses real concerns and points but in a context that makes total sense for a wrestling story. Builds up matches that are years away without it appearing totally random. Establishes his heel character with logical reasoning, leaving the door open to turning face, someday. Subtle jabs at other wrestlers without burying them. Lays out what is going to happen between now and the Tokyo Dome perfectly and why it's important and most of all, dangerous for him.

As I said before, it's like he's shooting without actually shooting. Schrodinger's RF Video if you will, daddeh.

Part 1: http://njpwworld.com/p/o_original_0008_117
Part 2: http://njpwworld.com/p/o_original_0008_118

Pikma

Banned

dat last paragraph

Johnny Gargano’s farewell to EVOLVE Wrestling starts this Saturday, Sept. 10, in Long Island, N.Y., where he will take on fellow CWC competitor Zack Sabre Jr. His final EVOLVE show is this Sunday, Sept. 11, in Queens, N.Y. For complete information on these events, including tickets, visit EVOLVE’s website, EVOLVEWrestling.com.

I know it's part of their partnership but still feels surreal

Kaladin

At this point Evolve is like the pre training grounds for any wrestler wanting to go to WWE. You're almost guaranteed an audience with a WWE official if you're good there and you're in a promotion who will not hold their stars back from going should the E come calling.

It's a win win.

Kaladin

Newish podcast from Metal Injection called Squared Circle Pit has an interview with Gabe Sapolsky today:

We're flipping the script on this edition of Squared Circle Pit by interviewing a prominent wrestling figure about metal. That person is Gabe Sapolsky, current booker of EVOLVE and vice president of talent relations for WWN. Gabe talks about how he got into metal through seeing the Road Warriors come out to Black Sabbath's "Iron Man." We talk about Gabe's favorite metal bands. Gabe shares a great story about how Morbid Angel's David Vincent and his ECW fandom. Rob shares some early ROH memories and gets some interesting insight from Gabe about it and we spend time talking about Gabe's current promotion, EVOLVE, their big shows this weekend, how their relationship with WWE NXT, William Regal and Triple H came about, and the future of pro wrestling.
http://www.metalinjection.net/podca...circle-pit-11-evolve-wrestlings-gabe-sapolsky

In the past they have interviewed various metal singers and band members about why they like wrestling.

some of them look fire though.

other sport shirts...you look like a bum if you wear that out of the house. especially football/hockey and basketball.

Meltz making it rain snowflakes for BOLA

Ricochet & Matt Sydal & Will Ospreay beat Young Bucks & Adam Cole in 20:04. Just a ridiculous match with crazy moves, unreal athleticism and actually quite a bit of comedy thrown in. The Bullet Club did a triple dive. Ospreay & Ricochet did a simultaneous Space Flying Tiger drop. They set up the Meltzer driver and as Nick was flying off the ropes Ospreay flew off the ropes as well and caught him with an Oscutter. Ospreay did that flip off the ropes like Jay Lethal does but right into a Cole superkick. Ricochet did the running dive over the top. Sydal did a huracanrana on both Bucks at the same time. Nick did a running twisting Fosbury flop over the top. Sydal & Ricochet did the craziest spike piledriver ever as Sydal came off the top rope with a shooting star press into a spike that they called the shooting star Meltzer driver. The finish saw Ricochet & Sydal & Ospreay all do shooting star presses at the same time for the triple pin. The place went nuts with “Five Star match” chants. Ricochet did a promo teasing the idea that he and Sydal wanted to challenge the Bucks for the PWG tag titles, acknowledged the chants about a five star match and then pointed out that Ospreay was there and that there were matches left to come tomorrow and both of them are still in the tournament, pretty much telling everyone he was going to wrestle Ospreay the next night, which was the match everyone wanted to see the most coming off Tokyo. *****

Lothar

Banned
Oh, good. They're talking about the "fat faggot demographic" on ECW Heat Wave 2000.

God.

It's just keeping the Heatwave tradition alive. Remember Bubba Ray Dudley at Heatwave 99? "We got some faggot in a Hawaiian shirt right here."

Zach, I'm not too sure how your grading process works, but you are coming up on New Blood Rising and if that doesn't get an F, then nothing deserves an F.

cordy

Banned
Being real...

Idk why I don't like the Young Bucks, I just don't like them, at all. Like, I get the comedy, I get the superkicks, even get their look but something about those dudes I just don't like. Anytime I see them they piss me off for some reason.

Kaladin

Aren't the Young Bucks kinda nearing the point where they can't be called Young Bucks anymore? They've been wrestling over ten years and are 31 and 27. If they were Disney stars they would long be future endeavored.

cordy

Banned
Aren't the Young Bucks kinda nearing the point where they can't be called Young Bucks anymore? They've been wrestling over ten years and are 31 and 27. If they were Disney stars they would long be future endeavored.

Kinda goes with their gimmick though. Older wrestlers doing the same old thing they were doing in the past like a lot of older wrestlers do.

Top Bottom